IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 17 - Game 11 - PGA Golf

Rickster8

[ Intellivision HSC Season 17 ]

[ Game 11 ]

PGA Golf

PGA_Golf.jpg.084495b94d09181930c0fcfb26222490.jpg

PGA Golf by Mattel 1979

Choose your club, point the club, swing the club and hit the ball towards the hole. Try to sink the ball into each of the 9 holes with the least amount of strokes. "No pressure, if you miss it, we lose". :P 

pga_golf.gif.47dd2fc7d53c9e4b37766fb149fe41d7.gif

ROM Download Link

https://archive.org/details/MattelIntellivision2014ReferenceSet-CompleteTosecRomCollection (Go to zip)(Then scroll down for PGA Golf (1979)(Mattel).zip

Game Manual Link - Click link below then go to 'Games' then 'Manuals' and scroll down for Masters of the Universe - PGA Golf

http://www.intellivision.us/intvlibrary/index.htm

High Score Club Record

SET NEW RECORD +3

Game Setting

PRESS DISC, THEN BUTTON 1 AND ENTER FOR ONE PLAYER MODE. 

Game Objective

The object of the game is to sink the ball into each of the 9 consecutive holes by hitting the ball with a club the least number times possible. Avoid sandtraps, water and trees, these all add extra "strokes" (hits with the club) to your score. Lowest score wins. 

Game Scoring

+13 [1st place], +12 [2nd place], +11 [3rd place], +9 [4th place] down to +1 pt for participation. +2 Game Winner Incentive. 

Extra Score Bonus: Get a score of 80 or lower and earn +1 bonus point; Get a score of 70 or lower and earn +2 bonus points; Get a score of 60 or lower and earn +3 bonus points; Get a score of 50 or lower and earn +4 bonus points; Get a score of 40 or lower and earn +5 bonus points. Max-out Extra Score Bonus points earned is +5.  

Season Theme: Fan Favorites. Chosen by mr_me

Contest Ends
SUNDAY OCTOBER 16TH 11:59:59 PM EASTERN TIME

(FINAL SCORES)

30 - IntellivisionMaster [+13](+5 BONUS POINTS)(+2 GAME WINNER INCENTIVE)(+3 SET NEW RECORD)

32 mr_me [+12](+5 BONUS POINTS)

37 - wolfy62 [+11](+5 BONUS POINTS)

--------------------------------------------------------------

40 - gavvv [+9](+5 BONUS POINTS)

40 - Rickster8 [+9](+5 BONUS POINTS)

48 - wongojack [+7](+4 BONUS POINTS)

55 - cmadruga [+6](+3 BONUS POINTS)

55 - lupovax [+5](+3 BONUS POINTS)

59 - crade [+4](+3 BONUS POINTS)

88 - fakecortex [+3]

Overall Rankings (POINTS)

After Beauty and the Beast

184 - IntellivisionMaster

158 - Rickster8

89 - cmadruga

83 - wongojack

82 - Northcoastgamer

80 - wolfy62

75 - lupovax

71 - crade

68 - Player One

61 - IntyFanMatt 

48 - fakecortex

41 - gavvv

35 - JacobZu7zu7

32 - jimblargh

19 - gar0u

13 - ed1475

3 - jblenkle

Games Won

5 - IntellivisionMaster - Stampede / SNAFU / The Power of He-Man / Thin Ice / Beauty and the Beast

3 - Rickster8 - Pinball / SNAFU / Space Armada UNLEASHED

1 - Northcoastgamer - Q*bert

1 - Gavvv - BurgerTime

1 - IntyFanMatt - Dreadnaught Factor

Sneak Preview:

Donkey Kong - Chosen by IntellivisionMaster (Al)...

Edited by Rickster8
Added in scores

1st FULL 9 HOLES Entry: Ok not terrible first try out. It's a little quirky, but I think I can get this score down.... :P 

I was in the trees a few times, but didn't hit the water or Archie Bunker.... HAHAHAHAHAHA 😜

EDIT: Forgot to post my personal goal for this game. I would like to get down to 50 strokes. So that's my goal for this game.... 👍

PGA GOLF - DISC LEVEL - 1 PLAYER MODE - 60 STROKES!!!

PGAGOLF(60)EMUHSC17.jpg.1fc8a3607681389ec1cda41dc5fdf2ff.jpg

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 3

Yes!!!! Donkey Kong in the house!!!! (Not yet but soon). Finally! A game that “Rick’s world-wide voters” agree it’s one of the best games! Ok… that’s not true at all. I think they tried to make the jumping awkward and difficult like the arcade version. They wouldn’t just make crappy controls by mistake. I played a ton of arcade DK, and the duck screen has a very authentic feel to the arcade version. If you ignore that Mario looks nothing like Mario, the game is pretty good! 

I haven’t golfed in over 40 years. I just remember those freaking trees make the game frustrating. Nothing a martini can’t fix though! 

Edited by IntellivisionMaster
  • Haha 2

Some improvement. Should have been 50 as I missed a stupid super easy putt.... 🙄

Pretty fun game. Another one I did NOT have as a kid so I've had to learn it on the fly as it were... :P  The aiming mechanism is a bit crude and I don't really know what I'm doing with the swing. Seems a little like bowling (curves) where you can purposely slice or hook? 🤷‍♂️

PGA GOLF - DISC LEVEL - 1 PLAYER MODE - 51 STROKES!!!

PGAGOLF(51)EMUHSC17.jpg.e976bb381e7a928934bcf9f612c8d7fe.jpg

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Some improvement. Should have been 50 as I missed a stupid super easy putt.... 🙄

Pretty fun game. Another one I did NOT have as a kid so I've had to learn it on the fly as it were... :P  The aiming mechanism is a bit crude and I don't really know what I'm doing with the swing. Seems a little like bowling (curves) where you can purposely slice or hook? 🤷‍♂️

PGA GOLF - DISC LEVEL - 1 PLAYER MODE - 51 STROKES!!!

PGAGOLF(51)EMUHSC17.jpg.e976bb381e7a928934bcf9f612c8d7fe.jpg

Yes!

Hit the side button once to start your swing,hit it again before the club reaches the ground to slice left,or hit it after the club passes the ground to slice right.

How much slice you get depends on how early or late you hit the button the second time.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

Yes!

Hit the side button once to start your swing,hit it again before the club reaches the ground to slice left,or hit it after the club passes the ground to slice right.

How much slice you get depends on how early or late you hit the button the second time.

Pretty cool specs for the 80's. The fact that these programmers were able to incorporate that kind of detail in the 80's is pretty impressive.... :P 

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Pretty cool specs for the 80's. The fact that these programmers were able to incorporate that kind of detail in the 80's is pretty impressive.... :P 

And this Golf version is extremely primitive compared to Intellivision Chip Shot Golf.

The putting and green close up,measured distances etc.- check that one out someday. 

• Like 2

More improvement, but, had a 31 after 7 and then IMPLODED on Hole 8 (Lol I hit a 3 iron and ROCKED it out of bounds).... 🙄

PERSONAL GOAL OF 50 STROKES ACHIEVED, BUT NOW I'M MOVING IT TO 45!!! 👍

PGA GOLF - DISC LEVEL - 1 PLAYER MODE - 47 STROKES!!!

PGAGOLF(47)EMUHSC17.jpg.b9cfa48383f0525eefbf7b1418eff919.jpg

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, mr_me said:

This took a couple of rounds.

Screenshot_20220930-214714_jzintv4droid.thumb.png.20d691cd04f3ff26f7b791657c5af130.png

My only complaint with this game is the putter is too weak.  No chance for long puts.

Agreed, the putting is VERY bad in this game... Overall I like the game, but the Trees are a NUISANCE!!!!!! 👎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

This took a couple of rounds.

Screenshot_20220930-214714_jzintv4droid.thumb.png.20d691cd04f3ff26f7b791657c5af130.png

My only complaint with this game is the putter is too weak.  No chance for long puts.

I thoroughly agree.

You get on the green and have no choice but to putt twice.

Well,this and those damn trees too!!!😬

Hey everyone, Rick is aware, but I wanted to let you know we got absolutely pummeled by Hurricane Ian as we were in the path of the storm here in SW Florida, but we are safe and sound. Our house is in a disaster zone as we got hit with the eye wall of the storm...the eye passed just a few miles south of us. Fortunately, our house held up very well, but we have a damaged water system (no water), no power, trees down everywhere, and flooding in surrounding streets. I have never seen anything like this, it's one of the worst storms ever to hit the U.S., but very glad we are all safe.

We had to relocate to my parents house, and fortunately they have power and running water. I don’t think I’ll be playing any Intellivision games anytime soon. But I’ll log in to AA from time to time. It’s good to be able to type this!!

Anyway, I love golf so I wanna see some low scores from you guys!!

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

I REALLY wanna love this game, but the putting aspect is ATROCIOUS!!! 🤬

PERSONAL GOAL OF 50 STROKES ACHIEVED AND NOW 45 IS ACHIEVED AS WELL!!! 👍

PGA GOLF - DISC LEVEL - 1 PLAYER MODE - 42 STROKES!!!

PGAGOLF(42)EMUHSC17.jpg.8372b5c279f0272ec4b988b77c138505.jpg

• Like 2

Quick PGA Golf Update: 

35mr_me (+5 BONUS POINTS)

40 - wolfy62 (+5 BONUS POINTS)

42 - Rickster8 (+4 BONUS POINTS)

45 - IntellivisionMaster (+4 BONUS POINTS)

Edited by Rickster8
Added in another score.