IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 17 - Game 11 - PGA Golf

Rickster8

I also think it's lame that the course is different, meaning you get a random set up of where the trees are. Sometimes they appear right in front of where you are teeing off from.. REALLY??? 🙄

They should all be the same or there should have been different levels that had different course setups.... Granted it was the late 70's slash early 80's when these games were made so??? 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

Is there a way to tell what is PAR for each hole? @mr_me

Yes, page 17 in the instructions.

http://www.intellivisionbrasil.com.br/doc/manual-jogo/PGA-Golf02.pdf

The instructions also have some helpful diagrams showing the trajectories of each club.  Gives some idea in hitting over or under trees.  PGA Golf is a 3D game.

13 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

I also think it's lame that the course is different, meaning you get a random set up of where the trees are. Sometimes they appear right in front of where you are teeing off from.. REALLY??? 🙄

They should all be the same or there should have been different levels that had different course setups.... Granted it was the late 70's slash early 80's when these games were made so??? 🤦‍♂️

I don't think any random tree would prevent you from getting par using the fairways.  Sometimes they open a patg that can save you a stroke (e.g. holes five, six, eight).

Edited by mr_me
  • Thanks 1

I just had a 41 all but locked up with a simple gimmie putt and the stupid game pushed it wide right. THIS GAME IS EVIL!!! Seriously though, the crappy putting aspect completely ruins this game for me.... 🤬👎

Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, wolfy62 said:

I am speechless. 

That's absolutely incredible!

What is your, or anyones,alltime best score on this game?

I thought your 35 was untouchable!

That is my best ever score.  Lower scores are possible with a bit of luck.  Anything under 35 maybe under 34 requires some luck I think.

• Like 2

I've played many golf games over the years, but I have 0 minutes playing this one.  I've also never even once put this cartridge into any Intellivision I've ever owned.  I may have to get a copy of the cart out and play the real thing for this round.  If I don't play it now, when will I ever?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, wongojack said:

I've played many golf games over the years, but I have 0 minutes playing this one.  I've also never even once put this cartridge into any Intellivision I've ever owned.  I may have to get a copy of the cart out and play the real thing for this round.  If I don't play it now, when will I ever?

This is the first time I've played it too. It's not too hard to learn, but beware the putting is HORRIBLE!!! 🙄

• Like 1

On 10/2/2022 at 10:39 PM, wongojack said:

I am in the same boat.  I have never so much as seen this game played on the intv before.  Can't be as bad as my real life Golf game.

• Haha 3

I commend this game on the complexity, and putting aside, I dig the level of detail (I never got golf games, but after spending some time with NES Golf in the HSC a few seasons back, I started to appreciate it). Anyway, I played one game, and I might call it there. I'd play it again on original hardware if I ever got the chance. Go ahead and smash that laugh emoji b/c here's my score...

PGA Golf - 123

image.thumb.png.36f5dc95ff9eac8a9de5a763337d0ce7.png

My little yellow man was kicked out of the country club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, fakecortex said:

I commend this game on the complexity, and putting aside, I dig the level of detail (I never got golf games, but after spending some time with NES Golf in the HSC a few seasons back, I started to appreciate it). Anyway, I played one game, and I might call it there. I'd play it again on original hardware if I ever got the chance. Go ahead and smash that laugh emoji b/c here's my score...

PGA Golf - 123

I'm pretty sure you set an HSC record here......

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, fakecortex said:

PGA Golf - 123

13 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

I'm pretty sure you set an HSC record here......

I might beat it

• Like 1
  • Haha 3