IGNORED

Tommy Tallarico Is Selling His Junk.

Atariboy2600

"This Odyssey 2 is notably signed by Ralph H. Baer, the inventor of video games"

While calling Baer the inventor of video games is highly questionable, that thing alone is probably worth a decent amount. No sign of the Brown Box or the Vectrex, here, though.

A CIB Famicom in Japan in beautiful condition, while rare to find without discoloration, is only worth about 8000 yen... and for the same price or less you can get a Saturn or Dreamcast instead and I'd much rather have a Saturn or Dreamcast.

11 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

"This Odyssey 2 is notably signed by Ralph H. Baer, the inventor of video games"

While calling Baer the inventor of video games is highly questionable, that thing alone is probably worth a decent amount. No sign of the Brown Box or the Vectrex, here, though.

A CIB Famicom in Japan in beautiful condition, while rare to find without discoloration, is only worth about 8000 yen... and for the same price or less you can get a Saturn or Dreamcast instead and I'd much rather have a Saturn or Dreamcast.

Funny that I already got a Box Famicom and Disk System some time ago as well as a Box Sega SG-1000 

Image ImageImageImage

16 minutes ago, Atariboy2600 said:

Funny that I already got a Box Famicom and Disk System some time ago as well as a Box Sega SG-1000 

Yeah, most of them look something like that, although occasionally you'll find one that looks like a nasty dehydrated piss color. Same with SFC, Saturn, and PC Engine. The Famicoms that are the hardest to find are actually ones where the face plates on the controllers are not half-scratched off, and if you manage to find one that has both nice controller plates and no discoloration, buy it.

SG-1000s are not common, but the SG-1000 II is relatively easy to find and relatively inexpensive. The system has like no games, though, and only RF output. You can play SG-1000 games on the Japanese Master System, but the Japanese Master System is more expensive than even the SuperGrafx and the colors will be messed up because it doesn't have exactly the same hardware as the SG-1000.

It is rather nice stuff, and there is a certain premium to be paid for the provenance. I tend to like things with backstories, but it's too rich for me.

I'm probably not on his side with the recent drama, but I certainly hope these sales aren't motivated by necessity. I'm guessing not, since even with the high pricing, I don't think there's enough there to support a lifestyle.

I've also been thinking of reclaiming some living space, now that I don't generally use old hardware or physical games, and my collection has seemingly become worth more than I'd ever pay for it. But consignment takes an arm and a leg (probably still beats a yard sale), and ebaying the stuff is just more trouble than it's worth. Every time I've looked into it, I've just kept holding on to the stuff.

Edited by Reaperman

"untalented doofus hack"

*makes the awesome Earthworm Jim and Earthworm Jim 2 soundtracks*

Yeah, those things are in conflict with each other. He is a poor business leader, but to say he's completely without talent is absolutely incorrect. You want to see what happens when someone without talent makes a game soundtrack? Here you go:

Anyway, yeah, the prices of those are absolutely ridiculous. I can go find all of the Famicom stuff in Akiba for literally 1/10th of that price, if even that; I found a CIB Famicom Robot, which is easily one the second most expensive thing in the Famicom lot, for like 10000 yen a few years ago, but I don't think I've ever seen the blocks for sale anywhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Razzie.P said:

How do you guys know that is Tommy's stuff?  I clicked on one and it doesn't include any of the go-to lines in the description, that I can see.  Didn't mention anything like -- 

Tommy's name

NY Yankees Hall of Famer

Industry Legend

The Guinness Record for blah blah blah 

etc, etc

Because every one of those is here, as far as I remember:

3 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

How do you guys know that is Tommy's stuff?  I clicked on one and it doesn't include any of the go-to lines in the description, that I can see.  Didn't mention anything like -- 

Tommy's name

NY Yankees Hall of Famer

Industry Legend

The Guinness Record for blah blah blah 

etc, etc

29 minutes ago, Atariboy2600 said:

I don't watch random Youtube videos, mostly because I kind of hate Youtube and Google, and so should everyone else.

As a general rule, if someone posts a Youtube video with no explanation of it, I'm ignoring it completely. Doesn't matter what it is. If you post one and explain it, I'm still ignoring the video unless it illustrates something that requires listening to, such as music or other forms of audio, or in the case of visualization of something that actually requires being seen to understand, but I'll read the text.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...