IGNORED

Retrogathering 2022 Frax Edition (Västerås, Sweden) - Sat Oct 8

carlsson

After having to cancel our event for 2020 and 2021, I'm pleased to announce that our annual retro gaming/computing expo is back in 2022.

Date: Saturday, October 8
Opening hours: 10 AM - 5 PM (members in our association get in at 9:30)
Entrance: 120 SEK

Website in Swedish: https://www.retrogathering.se/

We were a bit late with announcing it, and go back to our roots with focus on the market. We'll have around 40 tables with sellers and other exhibitors. There will be a gaming section with some 15-20 of the most common consoles and home computers, plus a few arcade and pinball games. Around lunch time we'll run the yearly auction with pre-listed items.

The highlight of the day will be the (unofficial) Swedish championship in Pong, which was formed in 2006 and thus will be held for the 15th time. As always, it is played on a genuine Atari Hockey-Pong at fast speed and small paddles.

Retrogathering 2022 is arranged in remembrance of our former team member, regular exhibitor and major collector Frax, who sadly passed away in September 2021. 😞 He may only have made 160 posts here on AtariAge, but was one of the first ones here, a little more than three months after the forum opened. It also was him who brought me personally into this business of arranging video games events, by sending me a PM in April 2006 about the upcoming first edition of Retrogathering, inviting me to join since we lived in the same city.

rg2022-frax-400.jpg.0083d978f6d7cdf221b35ee8aecf6c07.jpg

Edited by carlsson