IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2022 Thread!

chicgamer

On 12/6/2022 at 5:22 PM, CaptainBreakout said:

I was digging around in a thrift store (as I do) a few months ago and found this little tidbit.

IMG_20221206_151700341.thumb.jpg.0fe485f6742f9b142a41bd52307680ef.jpg

It's just as cheesy as I'd expected.  I'm home with the kids (who are sick right now) and gave it a whirl.

If someone is interested, I could try digitizing it, since it doesn't seem to be readily available on YouTube.  There's some of the record tho. This tape is somewhat damaged, but the fidelity of Disco Duck Christmas seems not all that pressing in the grand scheme of things.

Merry Christmas all!

I had something similar. The QUACKERS Christmas Special. Grew up with the cassette tape and now I have the CD.

It's on amazon (for a pretty penny) - https://a.co/d/9sKipuB

Quackers Christmas Special

10 tracks with cheesy synthesizers and a poor man's version of Donald Duck who sounds like he's dying. It's fantastically terrible!

• Haha 5

Apologies to my Santa if he/she wants me to open it immediately, I'm going to wait! Since we bought a house a few months ago, we are considering that our "Christmas gift" and aren't doing a gift exchange in my house. While the wife and I will both have gifts from online exchanges, we're both holding out to use those as our replacements for gifts to each other. :)

• Like 7

I thought I might share what I've been doing (aside from work & illness) to occupy myself away from early present opening this year. 

I bought a cross-stitch advent calendar! The company, forbidden fiber co, makes hand dyed thread/yarn/fabric. The advent set started with a custom-dyed fabric, then it alternates between small gifts & custom thread, along with a new part of a mystery chart only showing the colors revealed so far. It's not much of a mystery at this point, but it's still fun to not know excactly what I'll be sewing until I open the new packet! This is the first 4 colors- the varigated border is easily my favorite part so far. 8 more colors to go!20221209_160904.thumb.jpg.ffd207971d243e123b1ea61e55bb30a4.jpg

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Isaiah Austin said:

I got my Secret Santa package today! Thank you so much, Secret Santa, for the letter, the card, the candy, and the gifts! Way past cool! Merry Christmas, everyone! :)

20221209_183758.thumb.jpg.e6555c90b4c70ccd29520082cfb7946c.jpg

20221209_185250.thumb.jpg.7ac172fcade97151c6144dbdfb2aff87.jpg

Ah! YES! SO NOW I CAN COMMENT!

So I initially wanted to deck you out in retro Sonic kid gear, and to that end I got you the Sonic LCD watch and a few other things from this really cool seller. However, he sent it to my old address. :( So I only ended up with the Trapper Keeper and the fanny pack, which is hilariously midget sized. No hat or LCD watch! Boo!

Then I found the illustrious "Sonic sitting on the can" coin bank and thought now hey, here's something HILARIOUS. I can no longer unsee Sonic on the crapper when I look at that. Brings a whole new meaning to GOTTA "GO" FAST given the impatient look on his face.

The coasters were just cool looking art, so I threw those in no matter the choice. (No witticism related to those). :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Also let me know if those Kit Kats are any good! I'm a sucker for weird Kit Kats. One of the chocolate oranges has pop rocks in it and I suspect that will be....unique....

*I will state for the record for those reading the thread that as you see in the picture there were, in fact, no Necco wafers, candy corn, black licorice, circus peanuts, or the dreaded (I shudder to even say the name) Good & Plenty in there!

• Haha 5

On 10/1/2022 at 9:41 PM, chicgamer said:

Attention, ladies and gentlemen! This is not a drill!

The official Atari Age Secret Santa thread for 2022 is now open!
 image.thumb.png.0b922b10dd6470587c82c9ea81293a53.png
And we need your help!

An evil magician has stolen Santa's bag of gifts for Atari Agers. Your objective is to find gifts and send them to the homes of Atari Agers where they belong.

image.png.e0f40382a002370d8e72e53df7066c31.png

Join @chicgamer and @CaptainBreakout as we attempt to thwart the evil magician's schemes and keep the holiday spirit alive!

The Secret Santa gift exchange is open to ALL Atari Age members in good standing (explanation to follow).

image.jpeg.bdfa1bbdc6964104e1a52b351d647490.jpeg

The Rules:

1. Post a reply within this thread of your intention to participate.

2. PM @CaptainBreakout or @chicgamer with the following information:

Atari Age username
Name and mailing address
Ideas for items you might like (this can be specific, such as a particular game, or more general, like a console you collect for, or even a list of your hobbies or interests); please try to provide at least a few ideas. Send us anything you would like your Secret Santa to know about you for the purpose of gift giving. Please take the time to formulate some ideas for your Secret Santa. Secret Santas want to have fun coming up with your gift!
In case your Secret Santa wants to include some treats, be sure to provide any dietary considerations or preferences. You may also offer a suggestion (e.g., "I love candied Yorgles!").
Please indicate whether you are willing to ship internationally. Note that international shipping can be expensive, so keep that in mind.
If you participated last year, please tell us whom you were Secret Santa for.

3. All responses need to be received by Monday, October 31 (Halloween).

Shipping times may still be delayed this year (especially internationally), so please start early. We will send out your Secret Santa notifications by November 6.

4. How much you spend is up to you, but please don’t feel obligated to spend more than you’re comfortable with.

We want as many people who want to participate to be able to, and we know this year (again) has been difficult financially for many. The suggested total gift value has always been around $30 USD. If you are in a position to be more generous—go ahead! But don't go broke.

5. We recommend you ship any packages sent via USPS during the first week of December. For international packages, we recommend you ship no later than late November.

Please provide tracking information for your packages after you've sent them. This lets us know who might need a reminder about getting their packages shipped.

The thread will be regularly updated as we get more participants.

If you’re participating, please follow through with your commitment so that no one gets left out. Don't be a bad Secret Santa!

image.jpeg.2875a6977779acd2e0751c16887a8205.jpeg

As we did last year, we want to emphasize that Atari Age Secret Santa is about the giving.   We all like receiving gifts, but if you're looking for an even exchange or coming out ahead, you're not really approaching this the right way.

To reiterate what has been said in past years ...

Don't be a Bah-Humbug and just enjoy giving and receiving with other Atari Age members.

Need gift ideas?  Easy.  Just think about the member's interests.  Also, gifts don’t have to cost anything (or much anyway).

image.jpeg.671575eaeb601643b736e318df8ab49a.jpeg

Good at Photoshop? Great! Print something cool and personal on glossy… maybe get it framed. Can you code? Wow!… do a little custom hack and blow their mind!  

A few loose carts. Look through your collection ... maybe something there that YOU never play, might be right up their alley. 

Have fun with this. YOU are someone’s Santa! What better opportunity do you have to blow the mind of another retro-head?... like yourself, but different?  Have fun... You ARE Santa. ;)  -CB 

CHEERS!

Secret Santa 2022 Participants

1.  CaptainBreakout

2.  chicgamer

3.  Isaiah Austin

4.  ClassicGMR

5.  Cebus Capucinis

6.  cvga

7.  joeatari1

8.  CyranoJ

9.  Dopy25

10. FujiSkunk

11. HoshiChiri

12. Machine

13. Armscar Coder

14. davidcalgary29

15. Soulblazer

16. DrMooCowz

17. carlsson

18. Zeptari1

19. lushgirl80

20. imstarryeyed

21. Chuck D. Head

22. ColecoGamer

23. bomberpunk

image.jpeg.7caed5a0f5444408e2228af152e44568.jpeg

Wait what if Im broke and cant send any gift dose that mean I cant list what I like for xmes? again Im lost This year I've turn 50 (same as ATARI) and not gotten any gift seeing all my families are gone. 

25 minutes ago, Atariboy2600 said:

Wait what if Im broke and cant send any gift dose that mean I cant list what I like for xmes? again Im lost This year I've turn 50 (same as ATARI) and not gotten any gift seeing all my families are gone. 

This deadline to join this event for this year has come and gone, unfortunately.

I'm not sure how to address the rest of what you wrote, except this is an event for members who enjoy giving.

@chicgamer and I have gone to great lengths to try to answer everything about how this works in the opening post. Please read it carefully. If you still have specific questions about this and are considering participating in upcoming years, you are welcome to PM me.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Isaiah Austin said:

I got my Secret Santa package today! Thank you so much, Secret Santa, for the letter, the card, the candy, and the gifts! Way past cool! Merry Christmas, everyone! :)

I gotta say I love that Sonic bank!

I bet those chili dogs make for some real blast processing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/10/2022 at 3:56 AM, Atariboy2600 said:

Just to clarify this a little further, this is a gift exchange open to all Atari Age members who want to participate, but as CaptainBreakout mentioned, we're well past the date of accepting new participants.

The idea is that you would get a letter from another participant for whom you would buy gifts, and another participant would get your letter and buy gifts for you. If you're unable to purchase gifts, then you shouldn't join, as this is a gift exchange, and that means someone else wouldn't get a gift.

Does that help explain it?

• Like 6