IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2022 Thread!

chicgamer

12 hours ago, Atariboy2600 said:

what if Im broke and cant send any gift dose that mean I cant list what I like for xmes?

Unfortunately yes, as others already explained. Last year I found myself in a financial situation where I had to sit out the AtariAge gift exchange after several years of participation. This year I've come afloat again and was able to enter.

Ideally we'd have a billionaire member who would grant free gifts up to a value of $30-50 per person to all other members of some standing but that billionaire hasn't yet quite showed up, so in the mean time the best we can do is to give eachother gifts. Of course if you have a vast collection with many duplicates, you might pick something from it with a certain value, instead of buying a lot. It would keep down the total costs involved to participate.

• Like 7

Just want to take a sec to say THANKS to @CaptainBreakout and @chicgamer for once again getting this going and running it. It's always really hard to run these things because of the desire to make sure everyone can participate, etc., but without having a system and process in place the whole thing falls apart. I know if I ran it there'd be no end of problems. Thanks again!

• Like 7

21 hours ago, carlsson said:

Yes, cartridge label and booklet match. But don't mistake me for collecting NES games, just because I ended up with one.

Good, don't give in to the dark side! You've already posted about COMMODORE in the past so you're already treading in dangerous waters :D

Mario is a gateway drug, soon you'll be talking about how you understand why it sold like hotcakes and how it WASN'T a miracle. RAMBLINGS OF A MADMAN

• Haha 5

OK, according to super elf @chicgamer, my package was delivered to my post office yesterday.  I have been checking daily but yesterday I was too busy to do so.  My daughter is performing in the Nutcracker this weekend and there were two shows yesterday and another show today.  I'll be going to the post office first thing tomorrow to pick it up.  I'm really excited and not sure how long I'll hold out until opening it.  I am going to try and wait until next weekend, but we'll see.  Thanks in advance to my Secret Santa for keeping me on the good list this year.

• Like 4

Cool. Yeah weird things happen Saturdays at post offices with tracking numbers.  In my experience they sort it all out on Monday most of the time.

Speaking of which...

*Ahem* Please allow me to be blunt...  All participants who have NOT YET sent out pacakges...  Get it out Monday!!!  (That's tomorrow, yo. And get those tracking numbers to us elves.)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, CaptainBreakout said:

I know a couple of members who have gotten packages but haven't announced it here. I'd encourage them to do so since it's a big relief for their Santas.

(I hope that statement makes sense)

Yes to this! Even if I was just selling something on ebay, I like knowing the package is safe and wasn't taken by someone stealing from a porch or something. So yeah, even if you're waiting to open, an acknowledgement of package received it helpful! 🙂

• Like 4