IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2022 Thread!

chicgamer

If it's any consolation, my SS did everything right but then, when it got to my post office, they went "tee hee this 8 in your street number, let's just make it a 9 now for no reason and then say incorrect address and try to send it back." Many heart attacks were unfortunately had. :( Who knows the mystery of the USPS these days....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Good ol post office. I am surprised you were able to speak to anyone at all. At least you know it's around somewhere. My favorite thing is when I know a package is with the post office but it says "waiting on confirmation from carrier" up until the day it is to be delivered. poof all the sudden "delivered" shows up.

• Like 3

It appears the package I sent from Sweden to the US took 8 days to arrive, including sitting at my local post office for two days before it started to move at all.

The package I'm about to receive begun it journey 14 days ago. USPS tracking says it cleared customs two days ago, but Swedish tracking has no clue what so ever about its whereabouts. I'm sure it will just magically arrive in a few days, with no precaution. That is how tracking is supposed to work, right?

Chances are that they will "try" to deliver it personally, but since I'm not at home in the day time, they will give up, wait another week and then send me a slip where I can pick it up, right in time for Christmas.

Edited by carlsson
  • Sad 2

Fortunately I have no such horror stories to relate to. I have lost one or two packages over the years, but it may have been to other reasons and nothing really valuable. Long term members may remember when I got an Amazon gift card from Secret Santa, and when I ordered books those arrived in a flimsy padded envelope. Or actually only the envelope still was there, it has burst and the books fallen out somewhere on the way. Fortunately Amazon is big enough so I could claim and reorder, and received the books in a proper box this time.

• Like 3

On 12/11/2022 at 12:18 PM, Armscar Coder said:

I'm really excited and not sure how long I'll hold out until opening it.  I am going to try and wait until next weekend, but we'll see.

Well, I made it to Tuesday.

Here is my loot:

• Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate.  What's crazy is that I only asked for the Whatchamacallit.  I did receive that (king size I may add) but some coconut chocolate too, which is also one of my favorites.  What's even crazier is that the sea salt almond is my wife's preferred chocolate.  So, it's a win-win for everyone!
  • Atari 2600 games Golf, Miniature Golf, and Artillery Duel/Chuck Norris Superkicks.  I have always been a huge fan of golf video games.  I am sure its partly due to the fact that I always play better in the digital world than real golf in the physical world.  Since rediscovering Atari a few years back and starting over with collecting games, these had yet to make it into my game library.  I have never owned a double-ender cartridge and I am pretty stoked to now have one in my possession.
  • Imploding Kittens.  My kids and I love playing Exploding Kittens and now we can take one of our favorite card games to another level with this expansion pack.
  • Dune.  I have always wanted to read this book (I am guilty of seeing the movies first) and now I don't have any excuses not too.  With some cold months approaching, I look forward to cozying up in my recliner and savoring this one.

My Secret Santa was stupendous!  Everything they gave me is what I was hoping for and then some.  The only problem is that they remained "secret."  If they are willing, I do ask that they reveal themselves.  Regardless, many, many thanks to them and Merry Christmas to everyone!

Secret Santa #1.jpg

Secret Santa #2.jpg

Secret Santa #3.jpg

Secret Santa #4.jpg

Secret Santa #5.jpg

Secret Santa #6.jpg

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Armscar Coder said:

Here is my loot:

• Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate.  What's crazy is that I only asked for the Whatchamacallit.  I did receive that (king size I may add) but some coconut chocolate too, which is also one of my favorites.  What's even crazier is that the sea salt almond is my wife's preferred chocolate.  So, it's a win-win for everyone!
  • Atari 2600 games Golf, Miniature Golf, and Artillery Duel/Chuck Norris Superkicks.  I have always been a huge fan of golf video games.  I am sure its partly due to the fact that I always play better in the digital world than real golf in the physical world.  Since rediscovering Atari a few years back and starting over with collecting games, these had yet to make it into my game library.  I have never owned a double-ender cartridge and I am pretty stoked to now have one in my possession.
  • Imploding Kittens.  My kids and I love playing Exploding Kittens and now we can take one of our favorite card games to another level with this expansion pack.
  • Dune.  I have always wanted to read this book (I am guilty of seeing the movies first) and now I don't have any excuses not too.  With some cold months approaching, I look forward to cozying up in my recliner and savoring this one.

My Secret Santa was stupendous!  Everything they gave me is what I was hoping for and then some.  The only problem is that they remained "secret."  If they are willing, I do ask that they reveal themselves.  Regardless, many, many thanks to them and Merry Christmas to everyone!

Secret Santa #1.jpg

Secret Santa #2.jpg

Secret Santa #3.jpg

Secret Santa #4.jpg

Secret Santa #5.jpg

Secret Santa #6.jpg

Wow!  I would definitely have been proud of this, but it wasn't me!  Heh.  Love the double ender, and great choice of chocolate.  Also, this is pretty amusing to me, I'm reading Dune currently. That's a coincidence, but a good one.

Nice to see a happy Armscar Coder, and good job Santa -whoever you are (seriously, I don't know either).

Edited by CaptainBreakout
I heard that Xonox carts start as single-enders, until Chuck Norris kicks his way out.
  • Haha 6

14 hours ago, Armscar Coder said:

Here is my loot:

Secret Santa #3.jpg

That was me! I was pretty stoked to get your info and you were asking for your first double-ender, as I remember how happy I was to get my first one. The Dune book is actually the whole trilogy. Amazing that this box made it from Washington State to your Virginia PO in about 42 hours.

Edited by Chuck D. Head
  • Like 4

Looks like Krampus is having some fun with my package. It has left the sorting center twice, only to return to the same sorting center again.

At this rate, I’ll have my package delivered some time next year.

I’d visit the sorting center if it wasn’t over 200+ plus miles away. Lol

I guess I wasn’t as good a boy this year as I thought I was. Lol

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

It’s no biggie; it’ll arrive if its meant to arrive.

I joined the thread to give, not receive. I’m one of those people who gets more joy from giving.

With that said, I don’t know who my Secret Santa is, but - my Post Office is now investigating why the package keeps circling the sorting center, so hopefully it will be found. It was shipped to New Jersey by mistake.

I would like to thank whoever sent the package, even though it may look like I may never receive it. Your generosity is felt regardless. ☺️

If the situation does change and the package does arrive finally, I will post an update here.

Merry Christmas!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Armscar Coder said:

I have always been a huge fan of golf video games.

For the past 5-7 years, I have seriously considered to start collecting golf games specifically, for any format. Those tend to be plentiful and the cheapest of them all, perhaps with a few exceptions. I don't even play golf. I have a handful already, but haven't actively searched for it. Eventually those will be worth $$$ as well, I'm sure in a reality where every old video game is expensive, regardless of what it is.

Regarding wrapping: I think the first year I even wrapped the candy. Now I try to wrap at least the items, but every year I forget to write a letter from Santa. However since I ship from abroad, my full return address shows up and given there are not many (any?) else on AtariAge with a similar name to mine and who lives in the same country, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to identify whom the package is from.

• Like 5