IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2022 Thread!

chicgamer

Since we've been co-running this event, chicgamer and I have made it a thing to get each other a gift also!  

I managed to get a video of us opening chicgamer's present on Christmas Eve.  Sorry about the homevideo quality of this, but it was fun capturing the moment!

"Don't cut your hand off!"   -Dad

(Oh, and watch out for my daughter's dress, Finn.)

And a few moment later...

It's Alice Sisters!  Awesome since we love ourselves some 2-player co-op platforming.  I'd heard of this game, but didn't realize it had a 2-player mode!

Kinda perfect too.  I have the first in the series on Jaguar and really enjoy it. :)

Thanks chicgamer for making another great memory of Christmas this year!

• Like 7

I want to thank everyone again for a great Secret Santa run this year. I look forward to this every year and you all did not disappoint. :)

@CaptainBreakout and @chicgamer - biggest "Thank You" of all. Thank you for not letting this tradition die a few years back.

Love you all.

AND!!!! And! and...

xmasclock.png

• Like 6

21 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

I've been looking at picking this one up for a while, but never quite hit the purchase button.  How did Santa know?  He's magical, thats how.

Magical!  Yes, yes he is.  And I'm so happy I got to experience that magic on both sides again this year!

21 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Many thanks to my personal (not so secret) Santa...

Yeah, this isn't our first rodeo, is it? :)  But that's just fine with me.  As long as this is a global community I'll do my part to help keep this a global event!

Confession time:  When I knew the box wasn't going to get there before Christmas, I told CaptainBreakout to let you know your Santa would drop you a line with at least part of your gift before the 25th.  And then I bungled that too (getting sick didn't help).  So I'm relieved you didn't have to wait too long after the big day.  Santa will try harder next year (whoever his victim turns out to be)!

8 hours ago, ClassicGMR said:

So, wait... you mean to tell me NO ONE got the bike again this year?

Where do you think we are, back in '89??

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, ClassicGMR said:

So, wait... you mean to tell me NO ONE got the bike again this year? Santa's elves let us down all over again! 🤣

hello kitty.png

This winter has been far too frigid for anyone to sleep in the cold! Even though we never actually get it, the Hello Kitty bike is the gift that keeps on giving!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Here I am releasing a picture with everything laid out. Sorry about all my pictures being released in such a staggered time frame. As you can see I’m overwhelmed by the amount of Canadian candy here! I love the brightly colored hockey apparel! I’ll be looking up the next Boston vs Edmonton game to watch. Lol And this mini arcade game is so cool. I can honestly say I never played in the arcade so it’s all new to me. Which is pretty exciting. Oh and the Lynx games! I guess that’ll have to be a picture for another day. I’ll dig the Lynx out of the closet and try them, and post my thoughts on them later. Oh one last thing there’s a case with all kinds a little white lights and a PCB board or something. Can anyone clue me in on what it is? Oh and secret Santa if you wanna stay anonymous that’s OK . Looks like it might be an artsy type thing to put together. Not sure if I have a technical know how to do it. Lol

thanks secret Santa!! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and please have a happy new year! 

5EFD929F-C9BE-48C6-8CF1-580F9B73B79A.thumb.jpeg.f061f7f098ceefddc60595b1ba8335bc.jpeg

image.thumb.jpg.1e4518809055068e92cd788085250610.jpg

Edited by Zeptari1
Added a picture of the LED kit
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, Zeptari1 said:

Here I am releasing a picture with everything laid out. Sorry about all my pictures being released in such a staggered time frame. As you can see I’m overwhelmed by the amount of Canadian candy here! I love the brightly colored hockey apparel! I’ll be looking up the next Boston vs Edmonton game to watch. Lol And this mini arcade game is so cool. I can honestly say I never played in the arcade so it’s all new to me. Which is pretty exciting. Oh and the Lynx games! I guess that’ll have to be a picture for another day. I’ll dig the Lynx out of the closet and try them, and post my thoughts on them later. Oh one last thing there’s a case with all kinds a little white lights and a PCB board or something. Can anyone clue me in on what it is? Oh and secret Santa if you wanna stay anonymous that’s OK . Looks like it might be an artsy type thing to put together. Not sure if I have a technical know how to do it. Lol

thanks secret Santa!! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and please have a happy new year! 

5EFD929F-C9BE-48C6-8CF1-580F9B73B79A.thumb.jpeg.f061f7f098ceefddc60595b1ba8335bc.jpeg

image.thumb.jpg.1e4518809055068e92cd788085250610.jpg

Just be lucky that you didn't get one of my "Rainbow Brite" mini-arcades. I still have three of them left from Coleco's dumpster-fire sale closeout spectacular from a few years ago. :P

You might want to contact the K-Retro people about that LED project. No instructions?

• Like 2

LOL - I debated not caring but God only knows what kind of clowns will take offense regarding a statement of random opinion about a lump of plastic (and I think we know suspects #1, #2, and #3 for which lumps of plastic, though not necessarily in order) and proceed the harassment campaign....

• Like 3

You might want to get your cowboy hat for this, Cebus...

https://youtu.be/eQkVDWdp2eo

A few years ago, someone in the forums unearthed this extremely impressive commercial. (Being fascinated by early CG, this is all the more impressive to me.)

There was a lot of Intellivision this year here!  Expecially in chicgamer's unwrapping video.  Anyway, enjoy this little bit, it's worth it.  Also I didn't know Carol Shaw (creator of River Raid) wrote Happy Trails. Neat!

Thanks so much to the participants. This was a pleasure to be part of. And as 2022 winds down, Happy Trails to you!

Edited by CaptainBreakout
  • Like 6

I've really been becoming an Intellivision fan over the last year or so. It's a console I didn't have as a kid (and didn't even know existed), but it's got a really nice library of games, including a really active homebrew scene. I've even gotten accustomed to those discs, though the side buttons still feel pretty meh to me.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, chicgamer said:

the side buttons still feel pretty meh to me

Yeah. As an aspiring developer (but not very successful, the custom cartridge to CaptainBreakout was my first and possibly only to be manufactured), it is easy to test your programs in emulation using a PC keyboard where all controls are equal. Then you load it on a flash cartridge to real hardware and realize the super stiff side buttons makes the game difficult, verging to unplayable.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...