IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2022 Thread!

chicgamer

19 minutes ago, ColecoGamer said:

Is there any way I can join, despite the deadline ending?

Hiya Colecogamer!  I remember chatting with you a lot back when AA still had a built in chatroom (weren't you Heatwave?). Anyways,  Howdy!

Well, if anyone is late to the party, we've done special runs in the past. Keep your eye on your message box.

It tricky because I don't want to encourage this much, but if you're a member who just noticed this, and the Christmas spirit is overwhelmingly drawing you to be generous and participate... Send me and @chicgamer a message ASAP and we'll see what we can do. I need to leave a caveat that we can't make any promises there will be room. Also, arranging late joins is kind of difficult, but we know how fun this is for everyone, so we'll do what we can.

(I think I better say that there's a super hard deadline of Thanksgiving to do a late request to join. Any later then that and it's way too hard to round up gifts and ship them to your recipient in time.)

Edited by CaptainBreakout
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, CaptainBreakout said:

Hiya Colecogamer!  I remember chatting with you a lot back when AA still had a built in chatroom (weren't you Heatwave?). Anyways,  Howdy!

Well, if anyone is late to the party, we've done special runs in the past. Keep your eye on your message box.

It tricky because I don't want to encourage this much, but if you're a member who just noticed this, and the Christmas spirit is overwhelmingly drawing you to be generous and participate... Send me and @chicgamer a message ASAP and we'll see what we can do. I need to leave a caveat that we can't make any promises there will be room. Also, arranging late joins is kind of difficult, but we know how fun this is for everyone, so we'll do what we can.

(I think I better say that there's a super hard deadline of Thanksgiving to do a late request to join. Any later then that and it's way too hard to round up gifts and ship them to your recipient in time.)

PM sent! Thank you for the response. ❤️

• Like 5

@bomberpunk check the above posts for instructions how to enter late into the game. Perhaps the Santa won't be quite as secret but at least you get a gift swap. I saw that @ColecoGamer already posted about a replacement gift swap in the off-topic section and I suppose nothing prevents people from entering both but it might be handy to keep all exchange in one thread.

• Like 5

Well, in what seems to be a strange tradition for me while this is happening, my power is out!

Heh... Well, I can't really complain. I've got a fire going and my cell phone still works.  The whole valley where I live is dark.  No reason for it that I can see except that the power company doesn't really care about me I guess.

Anyways, happy how this is going so far.  For me, things are on there way here that make their way into boxes and then a bigger box.  Feels good, and having a lot of fun with ideas. Love this event.

Ahhh... I hear the neighborhood generators being fired up.

I think I'll just hit the sack in the dark thinking about all this Christmas fun. Visions of sugar plums and all that. Cheers!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, HoshiChiri said:

All of my items are here or in transit, save the one that usps declared stolen 😖 so once I get a replacement for that I'll be back on track! Just might end up shipping a little later than normal this year 😅

Well, if you have me, I'd be a hypocrite if I complained if it's late! I had to replace one as well and the other one, while very cool, is delayed so I'm definitely going by skin of my teeth....

• Like 4

I have my outgoing package all packed up and ready to go.  I do appreciate my recipient giving some specific suggestions as that is always helpful.  I was hoping to get it shipped this week, but it will have to wait until Monday.  As I was wrapping the gifts this week, my daughter really got into the Christmas spirit by making some homemade decorations and decking out the tiny hallway outside of her bedroom.  If you are wondering, the elf party is in her brother's room.

Christmas spirit #1.JPG

Christmas spirit #2.JPG

Christmas spirit #3.JPG

• Like 6