IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2022 Thread!

chicgamer

Had to wait for one of my Secret Santa gifts to come from Europe, and that last one finally came today.

I turned it around as soon as I could -- went to the Post Office today and mailed out my package.

Sadly in my excitement and haste I forgot to give any indication in the package it was for secret santa.  Ooops.

• Like 5

OK, I will be the first,(or first to admit it). I opened my gifts.  😁 

I did have the blessing of my Secret Santa to open them, so I don't feel bad not waiting.

I am completely blown away. I can not believe how my SS went above and beyond and then way beyond!!!

Here is the picture of everything wrapped and then unwrapped:

20221128_154716.thumb.jpg.530b0550e6b6b07d1e876d6d7d9a4859.jpg

secSanta.thumb.jpg.06de197442e1fbfb97d256eed08e3a38.jpg

So I am not the best at giving hints on what I want or need, but my Secret Santa NAILED IT!!!

I lost my mind when I opened the presents and found two Jaguar games I do not have.

That is no small feat, as I own the entire Jaguar library, or so I thought.

Picture below is of two new games. Star Wars: Return of the Jedi and Xevious!

Yeap, all you Jag fans heard me right. Two unreleashed games!

Both are a blast.....take a look!

Jaguar.thumb.jpg.7a16e151b59873c151f636bd92a2ded2.jpg

2600.thumb.jpg.d0f6aac7a61805681dbcc0c38a180836.jpg

x1.thumb.jpg.e3fec002a522c570e0e5c288649ea58e.jpg

x2.thumb.jpg.1d50ee7bf502b77d2e45047d3aa91215.jpg

Keeping with the Jaguar theme(my favorite system) is a complete set of REBOOT post cards along with a GM pen and REBOOT pen!

I really wanted these cards. How did Santa know?????

GMcards.thumb.jpg.0c9b31774df369433505f00d9ec39432.jpg

The next thing was 3 Lynx games I needed! These 3 games are some of the best, I can not wait to fire them up!!!

(Robotron 2084 is sealed, but not for long!)

lynx.thumb.jpg.e42bc1bc2716004fcd4975630e5a0024.jpg

Next up was a couple of indy game on the VCS/2600. I have had my eye on Draconian for awhile. I even have had it in my AA store cart but never pulled the trigger.

Seaweed Assault is new to me but reading the reviews makes me excited to give it a go!

vcs.thumb.jpg.8259ff41e98ccf7b67ebd91a8fafad20.jpg

Another complete surprise is an Activision multi-cart! I have seen these many times online, but never have owned one or even seen one in person.

HES.thumb.jpg.922424597ddf97ade7a9305729ac5e89.jpg

The next item is amazing too! A fully loaded PI with more games than I can ever imagine. I am beyond excited to dive into this, I never owned a PI but always wanted one.

I plan on really digging into this over the next few days. It has a lifetime of gaming on a system the size of a pack of cards.

Being tech challenged, I was thrilled to see Santa totally set this up. Santa just keeps killin' it!!!!

Pi.thumb.jpg.8b428ef9388539a40adacffba9211000.jpg

I really needed one of these, a video capture devices. I would love to upload some Jaguar videos, now I can!

Look for some world record runs of Gravitic Mines soon!!! 

capture.thumb.jpg.7198da5e6808a4eec245fdc1b1659b14.jpg

This one is special. Although I do not own a CDI(yet!), but in high school I use to have Wayne's mullet haircut. Plus, my girl was blonde and had a similar haircut to Garth!

If that aint a "win win", I do not what is!!!!!!

waynes.thumb.jpg.9955fc55d3f157831abbae0aa44e27e7.jpg

I am feeling extremely lucky and blessed to have a friend who I have never meet in person take the time and effort to put together such an amazing bundle of presents.

These games will always stay with me and will hold a special place in my heart! I can not express how moved I am by the generosity and thoughtfulness of my Secret Santa!

Santa, you are absolutely the BEST! I thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!!  I am very moved.

THANK YOU Santa, THANK YOU!!!!!

Edited by Machine
  • Like 10

Supposedly my last big thing shows up tomorrow. Which is good, as this weekend I need to wrap the other items and go buy the minor pieces to supplement. Hopefully, this thing will be out the door Monday.

Trying to not get frustrated. While the last item was, in fact, handmade, it took significantly longer than expected and of course, it also had to get lost in the USPS vortex for a while.

While everything SHOULD be fine, and I SHOULD be able to get this out well in time for Christmas, I'm anxious to get it out!

As a sidenote, Machine: that's awesome! Guess I'm not getting a dropbear for Christmas. :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Got my package today!

You have to know first I didn't ask for much.  My life has been so crazy this year due to moving and my sick parents and new job and everything else I've not had much time for gaming.  So I said a gift card was totally fine and gave some suggestions.

Zeptari came through with a very nice package for me!

Many thanks!

IMG_1781.jpg

IMG_1782.jpg

IMG_1783.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, ClassicGMR said:

Mine’s going out Monday. Been a bad week but things are smoothing out. 😊

I hear ya! My last item FINALLY shows as delivered, but out in the middle o' desert our mailbox is a mile away (literally!) so the USPS never delivers packages. I have to trek to the local office which is open for 3 seconds 2 days a week, so mine can't go out until Monday.

• Like 5

Checked the mailbox and CONFIRMED! It actually fit in there so they left it in the box. :) Went and got some supplemental items (got to make sure there's tons of everyone's favorite circus peanuts, candy corn, black licorice, and Necco wafers in there!) and we should be good for getting it out Monday!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Checked the mailbox and CONFIRMED! It actually fit in there so they left it in the box. :) Went and got some supplemental items (got to make sure there's tons of everyone's favorite circus peanuts, candy corn, black licorice, and Necco wafers in there!) and we should be good for getting it out Monday!

Kids In The Hall GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Haha 5