IGNORED

Amiga 4000T dream machine seems sketchy

OLD CS1

This guy has been on eBay since 2017, has 61 feedback, none of them as a seller, and posts an Amiga 4000T dream machine.  He also has a nice-looking A3000D.  Seems a little sketchy, but I want to believe.  (I ain't gonna buy, though... that thing, if legit, should get a verrrrrry nice premium.)

https://ebay.com/itm/225188253610

1611853356_Screenshot-2022-10-2AmigaA4000TPPC060PicassoIVAriadneIIMF3DualBootAmigaOS4139eBay.thumb.png.ad34155884bf0e893c77d46db12f33d2.png

4 minutes ago, youxia said:

I don't see any imminent red flags myself. There's plenty of legitimate auctions where people sell expensive stuff out of the blue, have done it myself.

Likely right about that.  I think I bought for several years before finally selling, as well, but for small ticket items.  Again, if legit, this guy is going to make a good bit of dosh off it it, and I hope it means someone is going to give a nice Amiga a good home.

I had my hands on an A4000T a couple of years back as part of a haul from central Florida, but it was already promised to someone and I honored that promise (kicked myself a few times, but it was part of the deal and it went to a good Amiga bloke.)  It really is a sweet machine.

I know these Amigas are highly sought after but they actually don't do much for me. I'm firmly stuck in the A500-A1200 era, anything past that leaves me cold, at best lukewarm.

That's not to say I wouldn't grab one, of course, if there was some bargain miracle to be found :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, youxia said:

I know these Amigas are highly sought after but they actually don't do much for me. I'm firmly stuck in the A500-A1200 era, anything past that leaves me cold, at best lukewarm.

I have considered many times an Amiga tower, even started on a tower conversion for my A500 back in the day.  But any more, the smaller the foot-print the better.  Mostly a function of the number of machines I have versus space.  I do need to trim down, but I enjoy having different configurations to play with.  My A4000D is my main machine, with a 1200/060 over on a desk behind me.  I have a couple of 500+, one with a Derringer 030/50 and one stock waiting for me to install either a Vampire or the ACA500+.  I have a 1000 which has been a project machine for almost two decades, and a 2000/060.  I need to let go...

• Like 2

• 2 months later...