IGNORED

Jaguar Game Cartridge STL?

CWBox411

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
3 hours ago, Sebspeed said:

Would you have the file?

I forgot about this.  But, I think there was a situation that the community decided it was better to hold off on giving out an .STL.  Sounds like someone invested a lot in Jag cart shells and needed to recoup his costs.  Could be my faulty memory though.

UPDATE:  My interpretation is that omf was not actually giving out the .STL file publicly.  Those are just pictures.  Pretty sure he was teasing the guy asking for them.

• Like 1

Yes i have the stl file for the above. it was drawn for me by someone in design at work. or rather the main design file.  an stl file isnt much use for editing as is as its just a mesh

Edited by omf
  • Like 1

When searching for a 3D printable model for myself I found comments from people that think there is some kind of embargo on cart shell models.

I mean, if there is we should probably make it a spoken rule instead of an unspoken rule.  Plus, explain why.

To me it makes more sense that it's just a niche market with only a few players so a usable model doesn't exist yet.

my friend who was selling the ST ports has about 3 boxes of cart shells to get through, myself have abut 600 cart pcbs to get though and over over 500 EPROMS to get through, so your probably right.  i have not heard anything myself. usually with this type of thing, if you want it done you have to do it yourself

• Like 1

@omf

I'll ask you about buying some of those cart shells when the time comes then.  My first games will probably be dumb and small.  But, at least it's a start.

I also had fun recently making homebrew dual carts for the Atari 2600.  Probably try to figure out how to make a frankenstein'ed double ender cart shell.  Just wanted to make sure I wont be stepping on any toes if I throw the model up on Thingverse or something :) 

• Like 1