Do you use PAL or NTSC? (Or secam?)  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use PAL or NTSC or SECAM?

• NTSC
    • PAL
    • SECAM

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

On 10/10/2022 at 3:30 PM, x=usr(1536) said:

NTSC 3.58 or 4.43? PAL B/G/I/M? SECAM or MESECAM, or other variants?

I really do not miss those days.  Yeah, we were able to work with the various differences, but no longer having to (at least, not in the same way) is far preferable.

Dankie! Finally a map which doesn't hide Afrika! Who the blerrie hell cares what format is "better" aye?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, martianboy04 said:

Howzit! I am also in Melbourne but grew up in Suid-Afrika so have always used PAL consoles. I'm telling you, I really don't like the big rainbow design on the facia and want an NTSC console just for the shell! How do you use an NTSC console, man? Our mains voltage is 240V

Hey mate - small world! I just use a 9v DC 1amp (perhaps it's 2amp). I also replaced the original Jack with a barrel one to keep it easy - if you do so just be careful about reversing the polarity (I did just that the blew a hole in the big capacitor!) but it still works.

I don't mind the pal rainbow tbh.

It is mayhaps that you are younger than myself, my fellow Australian Citizen. I'm a stubborn old Boer going on fifty years old. My little Aussie wife helps me live in the 21st Century! My Pa would drive the family into Pretoria (the capital city) about once a month and my brother and I loved looking at all the "micro-rekenners" from Amerika and UK. They ALL had blerrie rainbow logos! It maybe was an advertisie of the colours, aye? Commodore, Spectrum, Atari, but the NTSC design is this word in English...ja, REFINED! This is what I want but remember, all PALers, we always will have Asteroids built-in! Ja, and your joystick design it is dumkop, you hear? Thank God for my Super Twin 78!

Totsiens van Danie die Aussie Afrikaner.