IGNORED

A little Utility

So many times when debugging a program, being able to look at memory locations to see their contents.

In SDX you can PEEK or DPEEK, but obviously you can only see one or 2 bytes.

Normally if I want to see more, I use BUG65, which although has a nice display has a few annoying "features",

the main one is the inability to print the output.

So I wrote this little utility, essentially it produces an output similar to BUG65, but runs from the command line

so it allows you to see screens full of data which can be redirected to a printer or file.

I called the program D.COM, just because it emulates the "D" command in BUG65, it operates in the same way

except for one difference, you can use either integer or hexadecimal addresses on the command line.

I have tried it on SDX as used in U1M etc. and also SpartaDOS 3.2g. It may work with other SpartaDOS versions

but no other DOS as I'm using the SDX internal parameter parsing to get the address values.

There may be something else out there that does something similar, but I just wanted something really simple,

it's small (605 bytes + 40 chars for the screen buffer) and I wanted to see how easy it would be to access

SDX command line parameters and use them.

It loads at address $6000 (not too high or too low :) )

If anyone wants the source code I will post it here.

Here's a sample of it's use to get the Display list address, then use that to show the actual Display List.

D.com

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2