IGNORED

Season 13 ~ Week 9 ~ Challenge Week!

Vocelli

7 minutes ago, Random Terrain said:

Has anyone posted this video?

youtu.be/zh4U3BwlTcY

Well, that certainly helps, as the manual says to keep holding up when you exit the well. Boo!

When I was hitting the ground in the well I was not pushing the stick in any direction. I was having issues with the same usb controller on Venture Reloaded, though, so maybe it was just a bad connection.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Well, that certainly helps, as the manual says to keep holding up when you exit the well. Boo!

You might wanna double check that- it says the opposite 😅 

Also, if anyone hasn’t seen this, it’s neat. Feels like an afterthought to help ppl play a rushed/not working properly game. Falling down the well: It’s a feature, not a bug...😂

https://www.ataricompendium.com/archives/manuals/vcs/et_tips.pdf

Edited by fakecortex
  • Thanks 1

On 10/13/2022 at 9:43 PM, Skippy B. Coyote said:

There is indeed a way to get the game to give you more than 16 pieces of candy, but the maximum you can get is 20 pieces in a single run. When the game starts wait at least 11 seconds after the spaceship drops you off and leaves to give the game time to spawn candies, then head downward to the next screen. If there's no candy piece on the first screen downward then reset and try again. If there is a candy piece on that first screen then reset, head downward back to that screen with the candy immediately after the ship drops you off, and play as normal from there.

Now the game will spawn 18 pieces of candy (which you can trade 9 of to Elliot for phone parts twice and still get the full 770 points for each piece) then spawn 1 additional piece of candy on the two screens you visited least frequently during that play attempt for 20 pieces of candy in total. 

A perfectly efficient run giving Elliot all 20 candy pieces, making use of arrow jump points to hop between candy gathering screens, only having to find one phone part yourself since you got the other two from trading in 9 candies for each, and not having to hunt around for the spaceship call point will net you just shy of 24,000 points :)

Information Source: https://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-et-tips.html#single_round_high_scores

This is amazing information! I wish I had more time to get a more "perfect" run, but this was maybe my 6th attempt and got 20 pieces of candy on this particular run. Getting the arrows to line up seems very random for a "perfect run", but I can see someone doing it. Wish I could've done more "back and forth" this week, Skippy, but time, life, all that stuff. :) If you beat me after this, congrats! :)

22834!

2600-09-season13-ET01.png

• Like 4

Come on @jblenkle! My score is second to last, come beat me! Lol. If you're considering how long it takes to play through this (since it's not really a pick up and play type of game), I hear ya, I was thinking that. Try it out (~5min), read through the instructions (~5min), then go for a few serious runs (~10min). You can secure those bonus points in under a half hour :D  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fakecortex said:

You might wanna double check that- it says the opposite 😅 

Also, if anyone hasn’t seen this, it’s neat. Feels like an afterthought to help ppl play a rushed/not working properly game. Falling down the well: It’s a feature, not a bug...😂

https://www.ataricompendium.com/archives/manuals/vcs/et_tips.pdf

I have that on my web site too:

E.T. Manual and Tips Sheet

I also have my own tips page:

E.T. Tips and Reminders

The map page can also be helpful:

E.T. Map

Other pages:

To What Degree Do You Love E.T.?

E.T. Appreciation Page

E.T. Cake

youtu.be/PPUqQZ3bmx0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After several games of only getting either 15 or 16 candies, I used the trick to get 20 and was able to break 20k.

I must say, I am glad that I revisited this game and figured out how to avoid the pits and get E.T. home. Even so it is not a fun game and I don't imagine myself ever playing it again.

IMG_4939.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, fakecortex said:

Come on @jblenkle! My score is second to last, come beat me! Lol. If you're considering how long it takes to play through this (since it's not really a pick up and play type of game), I hear ya, I was thinking that. Try it out (~5min), read through the instructions (~5min), then go for a few serious runs (~10min). You can secure those bonus points in under a half hour :D  

I have played this game before and it causes me nothing but misery.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

IM REALLY CONFUSED AND I DONT KNOW HOW THIS HAPPENED. ive had a good time with this game, and I read if you get 31 pieces you get 1000 points each time after but i dont remember getting that many, i remember getting 28 unless I lost count, even then I feel like it should have been alot smaller, it counted up the points alot faster it felt like but I also looked away for a minute.

40377! mode 3, difficulty bb

EDIT: I DONT TRUST THIS! maybe i forgot to reset, preferred score is below

EDIT AGAIN: i tested what happens if i dont reset, i have less energy on the next round, but i had 9999 when i started on this so i guess its saying this is legit? ill let judges decide between this and my 17722

et atari.jpg

Edited by Alicetwopointoh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alicetwopointoh said:

IM REALLY CONFUSED AND I DONT KNOW HOW THIS HAPPENED. ive had a good time with this game, and I read if you get 31 pieces you get 1000 points each time after but i dont remember getting that many, i remember getting 28 unless I lost count, even then I feel like it should have been alot smaller, it counted up the points alot faster it felt like but I also looked away for a minute.

40377! mode 3, difficulty bb

EDIT: I DONT TRUST THIS! maybe i forgot to reset, preferred score is below

EDIT AGAIN: i tested what happens if i dont reset, i have less energy on the next round, but i had 9999 when i started on this so i guess its saying this is legit?

et atari.jpg

You might want to read this:

https://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-et-manual.html#31_21

And this:

https://www.digitpress.com/eastereggs/26et.htm

youtu.be/WUsgtNxCOOk

• Like 2

On 10/15/2022 at 8:37 AM, DrMooCowz said:

This is amazing information! I wish I had more time to get a more "perfect" run, but this was maybe my 6th attempt and got 20 pieces of candy on this particular run. Getting the arrows to line up seems very random for a "perfect run", but I can see someone doing it. Wish I could've done more "back and forth" this week, Skippy, but time, life, all that stuff. :) If you beat me after this, congrats! :)

22834!

2600-09-season13-ET01.png

You got me on this one, I'm all E.T.'ed out and I can't see myself pulling off a flawless run to top your score so congrats on the very well earned bonus points! :)

• Like 3

E.T the Extra Terrestrial (Game 3): 18597

Really enjoyed the challenge of this one, never thought I’d be able to beat E.T but it turns out it’s much easier without those pesky humans. Achieving a high score however can be quite tough, and seems to take a combo of strategy and luck. Thanks for all the tips you guys posted though, they helped a lot!

028BD795-F2CE-46A6-B490-308EA6DD2130.jpeg

• Like 2