IGNORED

Dragonfly Flashing Party

How many people will be attending PRGE that still wish to update their CPLD?

From another thread:

I used Quartus II 13.1 (64-bit) to flash my CPLD. It's still installed on the laptop that I am taking to PRGE. I do not see any messages about an expiration.

@playsoft & @-^CrossBow^-, is that the program you used? Please let me know if I am missing something.

It wouldn't be much for me to pack the USB Blaster and an extra set of pins. I need Rafał @rj1307 to confirm, but he seemed surprised that I was soldering the pins to the board. Rafał, did you imply that it is safe to just hold the pins firmly in place while flashing the unit?  I would not want to solder anybody's unit. If that works, it's an option, or the pins could be soldered before PRGE. :)

Just a thought. Please reply to the thread below, and we can discuss there. @Albert said it would be possible to find some room on Sunday, for a short window of time. (Sunday dies down.)

I believe Al plans to have a soldering iron handy as well. At least I hope so, because there is a project I plan to do while at the event or outside event hours that requires one and I'm not bringing my large soldering station.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I believe Al plans to have a soldering iron handy as well. At least I hope so, because there is a project I plan to do while at the event or outside event hours that requires one and I'm not bringing my large soldering station.

I have concerns about being liable for any hardware. I figured I could "share" my equipment, and I could help as needed. All of the files are loaded on the PC. I installed the program on 8/24/2022, and I do not see any message when I load it up. If there's an interest, and we coordinate a "party", we might be able to knock a few out. I wouldn't imagine there would be a large number of people. I also do not want to impose on Al too much.

Well the project I need his iron for shouldn't take me more than about 30 - 45min at most. And flashing the CPLD takes 5sec. Takes more work to crack the carts open to get the headers in there and also copy over the new FW file than it takes to update the CPLD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Nathan Strum said:

When I read the topic... I had a completely different visual in mind.

We'll just leave it at that.

When I was typing the replies to the first thread, I caught myself and specified "Dragonfly". I thought I was safe on this one, and made sure to include it in the title. I was wrong. LOL.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, darryl1970 said:

How many people will be attending PRGE that still wish to update their CPLD?

Sounds good, I'm in! I'll be at PRGE until late Sunday morning. So hopefully that's within the timeframe of when the  🥳 FLASHING PARTY 🥳 is happening.

- James

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, darryl1970 said:

I used Quartus II 13.1 (64-bit) to flash my CPLD. It's still installed on the laptop that I am taking to PRGE. I do not see any messages about an expiration.

@playsoft & @-^CrossBow^-, is that the program you used?

I am using 13.0.1.

I have a vague memory I selected something to start my 30-day evaluation but can't say for sure.

However, it doesn't matter as the 30-day evaluation is for compilation support which you don't need. Just select the option below and then update DF as per Rafal's instructions.

trial.png.fd5bb5b03f9b7366f41214dd06fa23da.png

• Thanks 1