IGNORED

Rob 'n' Banks, new game

Philsan

2 hours ago, Philsan said:

Rob 'n' Banks, @Ryan Witmer new game for 5200 has been converted to A8 by Homesoft http://www.mushca.com/f/atari/index.php?idx=R

Ah, thanks... I'd been waiting to see it happen. I think he was waiting to see (like I was) if there were any more bugs that popped up, before he completed any conversion (there were two minor bug-fixed releases after the original: 1.01 & 1.02).

3 minutes ago, MrFish said:

Ah, thanks... I'd been waiting to see it happen. I think he was waiting to see (like I was) if there were any more bugs that popped up, before he completed any conversion (there were two minor bug-fixed releases after the original: 1.01 & 1.02).

Bugs or no, 1.02 is the version on the cartridges heading to PRGE.

16 minutes ago, Ryan Witmer said:

Bugs or no, 1.02 is the version on the cartridges heading to PRGE.

I guess so... it looks like that's going down in 6 days from now.

Nice game btw; I always like to see arcade classics make it to the 8-bit/5200 world. I appreciate you allowing Homesoft to do the conversions too.

Edited by MrFish

11 minutes ago, Ryan Witmer said:

"Allow" probably isn't the right word, I've actually never communicated with the guy at all.

I just put the source code out there and he keeps converting my games.

I didn't think you were communicating with him, tbh; I just meant allowing by releasing the source code under the GNU Public License / Free Software Foundation.

It’s a good game. I’m glad it was converted to the 8-bit. I like the variations from a standard Pac-Man clone. 

Thanks also for releasing your code under the GPL so it could be converted to the 8-bit so we non-5200 owners could enjoy your game. 

Bob C

Edited by darwinmac
Corrected grammar

1 hour ago, Ryan Witmer said:

Ah, I see.  I always put the code out there hoping someone will do something with it, and he's been pretty consistent about it.

Yeah, he's pretty big on 5200 -> 8-bit conversions.

He's very consistent with your releases; As far as I can tell, he's converted all of your other 5200 games.

Intellidiscs (2021)
Magical Fairy Force (2020)
Realsports Curling (2018)
Rat Catcher (2016)

You're pretty consistent in making games, too. Cheers to that...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Philsan said:

Homesoft confirmed me that he has converted latest 1.02 version.

Thanks. I already confirmed this from the file. As @Ryan Witmer points out in his release thread, starting at 256 bytes from the end of the cartridge, there's a release and date stamp. This doesn't completely hold in the conversion file, because I think the file's been compacted; the release number is fully intact, but the date is chewed up a little (and the stamp starts 32 bytes from the end of the file).

Thanks again to Homesoft ( @nobody ).

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

As it's a 5200 port it really should be in NTSC..

Whenever I see a 'new game' & the country of origin is 'PAL' I don't even bother to download it as it looks like doo-doo on a NTSC. Unless of course there's 2 versions of it.

Don't get me wrong though as I'm appreciative of all these new games. :)

4 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Whenever I see a 'new game' & the country of origin is 'PAL' I don't even bother to download it as it looks like doo-doo on a NTSC. Unless of course there's 2 versions of it.

Don't get me wrong though as I'm appreciative of all these new games. :)

That's a bit harsh, I can think of several PAL-country-origin games that look perfectly fine on my NTSC equipment. Albert, Yoomp, Crownland, Little Princess, Marbled, Assembloids... many more...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, adam242 said:

That's a bit harsh, I can think of several PAL-country-origin games that look perfectly fine on my NTSC equipment. Albert, Yoomp, Crownland, Little Princess, Marbled, Assembloids... many more...

Huh ? Albert isn't even suppose to run correctly on NTSC ? (lags greatly when I run the cartridge with NTSC ANTIC enabled, fine with PAL ANTIC)