IGNORED

What is the oldest picture/photo that you have of a video game score?

This is my Laser Blast score, probably from '81.  That was our nice TV in the downstairs rec room.  Soon after, it took a dump and my Atari got blamed for it.  :lol:

And I never did get my Laser Blast patch! lol

lb.thumb.jpg.c91ac68c55e6299a2bec514bf7593abb.jpg

Can't make out the score but I like that I can see my games up to that point.

Combat, Night Driver, Flag Capture, Bowling, Space Invaders, Space War, Missile Command, Dodge 'Em and Laser Blast.

lb2.thumb.jpg.7b9bd4691bcf51fa4361e3e98817b8dd.jpg

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Turbo-Torch said:

That was our nice TV in the downstairs rec room.  Soon after, it took a dump and my Atari got blamed for it.  :lol:

I was never allowed to play my game systems on the nice "main" TVs in the house, because all the adults were 100% certain it was gonna break the TV.   Funny thing is, though, seems like they were always breaking anyways, and my uncles were always hauling them off to town and coming back with a new one they traded it in for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

I was never allowed to play my game systems on the nice "main" TVs in the house, because all the adults were 100% certain it was gonna break the TV.   Funny thing is, though, seems like they were always breaking anyways, and my uncles were always hauling them off to town and coming back with a new one they traded it in for.

Tell me about it.  People complain about how electronics have become disposable these days, but TVs from the 60s and 70s (especially 70s solid state) were absolute garbage.  If one managed to make it 5 years, it probably had 2 or 3 expensive repairs up to that point.

Something changed by the mid 80s and many of those sets are still going strong today.  

This photo is 10 years earlier (maybe 1972) in the exact same spot.  I think there were 2 other new TVs between that time.

Of course it's broke and I'm helping my dad fix it. 📺 :lol:

71040186_torch_photoc(122).thumb.jpg.48a6f5e42c36ddae8b6df32dfb48eb04.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...