IGNORED

End of cooperation with Lotharek

candle

On 10/10/2022 at 2:14 AM, Matej said:

(...) Hope end of 2022 and 2023 will be 100% normal for usual people - pandemic over, peacetalks (sounds like crazy miracle but world and central Europe need it) also energy crissis, recession resolved. (...) 

Not that I am a fan of Nostradamus, but... it is highly unlikely we will EVER go back to normal.

Better get ready ahead of the structural changes that are coming... it is just going to get tougher.

• Like 1

We've seen this stuff in our history books, it's going to get tougher, and it won't end well. Yes it will get pretty much get back to normal. After a generation or two most wouldn't know the difference anyway. This crap counts on short memories and the removal of information, markers, statues, places being renamed, etc. Fortunately books and relics still exist and that's part of what allows people know what came before. While the digital burning of material is one thing. I think we are in trouble if we start to see paper and book bon fires again. I don't care about them torching fiction and such, but historical documents, biographies, straight up what happened on a given day would be the tipping point. (We can do without the how to read this blah blah and supposed analysis, that can go). We don't need to be guided on what to think about a thing because then we're not thinking. It's entertaining to see all the 'what you need to know', 'how to this' that crap they spew out these days, as well as how the muppets that eat it up respond. I'm not a fan of the cast system that seems to be in the process of installation. It's a problem for sure. But those systems tend to fail on their own like they always have. It's just unfortunate that we have to go through all the crap periodically to re learn that lesson.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2022 at 10:28 AM, _The Doctor__ said:

We've seen this stuff in our history books, it's going to get tougher, and it won't end well. Yes it will get pretty much get back to normal. After a generation or two most wouldn't know the difference anyway. This crap counts on short memories and the removal of information, markers, statues, places being renamed, etc. Fortunately books and relics still exist and that's part of what allows people know what came before. While the digital burning of material is one thing. I think we are in trouble if we start to see paper and book bon fires again. I don't care about them torching fiction and such, but historical documents, biographies, straight up what happened on a given day would be the tipping point. (We can do without the how to read this blah blah and supposed analysis, that can go). We don't need to be guided on what to think about a thing because then we're not thinking. It's entertaining to see all the 'what you need to know', 'how to this' that crap they spew out these days, as well as how the muppets that eat it up respond. I'm not a fan of the cast system that seems to be in the process of installation. It's a problem for sure. But those systems tend to fail on their own like they always have. It's just unfortunate that we have to go through all the crap periodically to re learn that lesson.

I ended up skipping around in this thread, which sounds like the core issue was resolved so now it's okay for me to order stuff...

But this just reminds me of conversations I have with people about the 'crazy' idea behind someone like Graham Hancock, and his 'Ancient Apocalypse' series.  The biggest argument is 'where's the evidence for this 'advanced civilization?'' That's pretty much what  he's been talking about for the past decades.  I always point out that 1) people assume 'advanced civilization' means basically what we currently have.  2) there have been studies that if a major disaster (whether natural or man made) ever occurred that'd effectively wipe out our civilization, it'd take roughly 500 years before there were little to no trace left.  These ancient cultures building large monuments out of stone is likely the only reason there is any evidence at all of them.  Or in the case of like the Egyptians / Sumerians, writings in stone are the major reason we know any of their customs/beliefs.

Now translate that to our current civilization; we store information digitally, which means all of it will be gone if we ever are wiped, our buildings are made mostly out of metal, so they'll just rust and disappear. 

What's messed up when the pandemic hit, all I was thinking was that it'd be terrible if we had similar world events that happened 100 years ago (World War One, Spanish Influenza, World War Two, etc).  People keep throwing around the label of Nazi like it's oxygen they breathe.  We live in really weird / tumultuous times.  Hopefully we'll eventually get over whatever craziness has abounded lately and get back to some semblance of normal before we all lose our minds.

People trying to rewrite history to fit their own narrative is extremely dangerous...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/19/2022 at 2:00 PM, Tuxon86 said:

Not much wildlife (excluding my own) where I live, but I'm smack in the middle of the migratory path of canadian goose. If you like waking up at 5 in the morning to the sound of hundreds of quacking goose, you're welcome 🙂 

As long as they don't cross an airplane's path close to your house you should be safe...

8 minutes ago, flashjazzcat said:

It'll be forgotten once people stop bumping it. ;)

Until 15 years later when someone searches something.   That is how I found it.  I was looking for info on Lotharek's new scan doubler.

Though now that Checkmate's Retro monitor kickstarter funded, doesn't look like I will need it!

2 hours ago, leech said:

Until 15 years later when someone searches something.   That is how I found it.  I was looking for info on Lotharek's new scan doubler.

But it's not mandatory to necro-bump ancient topics, and everything should become clear to anyone who bothers to read the final page of the thread fifteen years after the event.

• Like 4