IGNORED

Creating subfolders on an ST HDD

Hello all

Just wish to say this is a brilliant forum. I am a complete muppet with tech and considered giving my Atari stuff away at one point. But with the great advice and kind help of Tillek and TGB1718 and zzip.... I have finally got my HDD up and running. Downloaded my Cubase 3.1 to the Hard Drive and all of my music projects. 

I just need to sort out one or two final issues.

- I cant find any more partitions on the HDD, I installed the C drive but the installation disc gave the option of D and E drive also. I am guessing these are the other partitions on the HD? But it wont let me install them. Sorry but I have no knowledge of Atari TOS, it is completely beyond me. The hard drive is showing 65k used but no mention of space available. I would like to know how to create subfolders to organise my files, how to ascertain the size of the HDD (I think it is 200mB) and how to access other partitions if they are there.

Then all is good and sorted 😉👍

Thanks for any help xxx

Smithers 👍

On 10/13/2022 at 8:46 PM, Smithers said:

Hello all

Just wish to say this is a brilliant forum. I am a complete muppet with tech and considered giving my Atari stuff away at one point. But with the great advice and kind help of Tillek and TGB1718 and zzip.... I have finally got my HDD up and running. Downloaded my Cubase 3.1 to the Hard Drive and all of my music projects. 

I just need to sort out one or two final issues.

- I cant find any more partitions on the HDD, I installed the C drive but the installation disc gave the option of D and E drive also. I am guessing these are the other partitions on the HD? But it wont let me install them. Sorry but I have no knowledge of Atari TOS, it is completely beyond me. The hard drive is showing 65k used but no mention of space available. I would like to know how to create subfolders to organise my files, how to ascertain the size of the HDD (I think it is 200mB) and how to access other partitions if they are there.

Then all is good and sorted 😉👍

Thanks for any help xxx

Smithers 👍

The Desktop does not auto install drive icons,   You have to create them in one of the drop down menus.   I can't recall the exact option, but I think it's under "File".   When you name it,  make sure you give capital letter for the drive letter D, not d.    This will create a drive letter icon on your desktop.   If the partition exists, then clicking on the icon will open it.

Once you get it working, be sure to save your preferences so that you will keep the drive icons on your next boot.

• Thanks 1