IGNORED

More "TI-99/4A Computers TI-99/4A Development"...ish channals/forums/treads...

oddemann

1 hour ago, Retrospect said:

We need a dedicated Rich & Falcon thread where they battle it out with intelligent debates and arguments and the occasional agreements.  That would be literally awesome.  Can we do this?

Senior_falcon is one of our best Assembly gurus.

Lee Stewart has been helping me write some of the Assembly for RXB ROMs lately for FinalGROM.

I always like to give credit where credit is due.

As previously stated, my goal is to make the TI99/4A with only a cartridge inserted as fast as possible.

I want to make a typed in demo that shows off what the TI99/4A can do.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Back on topic for now ....  

I want to say, I really don't like the whole Computers/Development topic split.  

The reason why is this:  Once I've made a game, I don't know where to put it due to not knowing what is intended in "computers" section.  Am I being stupid or should this never have been done?

• Like 2

I think this distinction is okay, as all final "products" should be announced and discussed in the general "Computers" forum for people seeing themselves as user/consumer, while everything on the way to create it, should be discussed in "Development". I guess most people will follow both, but some are not interested in developments.

But I would not split it further as there would be too few postings in each forum.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Retrospect said:

Back on topic for now ....  

I want to say, I really don't like the whole Computers/Development topic split.  

The reason why is this:  Once I've made a game, I don't know where to put it due to not knowing what is intended in "computers" section.  Am I being stupid or should this never have been done?

you should at the least put it in the finalgrom topic if you have a cart binary

we should probably make a repository for these things on ftp.whtech as well lmk i can upload whatever you want

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Retrospect said:

Agreed here.  I often wonder if we put games we've made that are finished in Computers will they get as many people seeing them?  A few people have said they go into one but not the other.

Most people I see are posting their development notes in the development sub, posting the final release in the same thread, then making a general post in the general sub.

Another option is to maintain your development thread, then when the release is ready, update post #1 and ask to have the thread moved into the general sub.

There are more options, limited only by your imagination and possibly what mods are willing to do for you.  A little dosh under the table never hurts.

59 minutes ago, Retrospect said:

I can only do that for a short time after making any post as I'm not a paid subscriber to AtariAge.   

The reason for that (not being a subscriber) is because my software is free so I shouldn't have be the one paying.  ;)

If I am not mistaken, the dev sub is open for editing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Retrospect said:

I can only do that for a short time after making any post as I'm not a paid subscriber to AtariAge.   

The reason for that (not being a subscriber) is because my software is free so I shouldn't have be the one paying.  ;)

What county did th' say thee was from young man? ;) 

• Like 2