IGNORED

Analogue Pocket Lynx Adapter Now Part of $99 Package

gilsaluki

I originally ordered both the Pocket, and the Lynx Adapter.  The thought was it would allow me to use all my carts (I have almost every Lynx Cart made) well into the future at about the same price of an fully upgraded Lynx, but with new tech.  They still haven't delivered on the Lynx Adapter.  Pre-orders for the package of adapters is later this month.  Seeing how they haven't delivered on the Lynx Adapter to date, I canceled my order.  It was difficult to get my refund, but finally got it.   I was just curious if they have started shipping the Lynx adapter, that is how I stumbled onto their updated marketing plan.  Who knows if this will actually materialize. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Shipping is typically outrageous.

It's worse in Europe ($60). 🙂

4 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Odds are they will sell out and people will pay beaucoup bucks for the NGPC and Hucard adapters, so if you only want the Lynx adapter you will find the others easy to sell at a profit.

It's the other way around for me, though.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have it all on Pre Order too (Pocket, Dock, Adapters).  Actually the one I need to add is the Game Gear adapter.  I'm fine with the bundle of adapters because I want them all.  I want to play Dark Arms (Neo Geo Pocket) on a nice screen.  I don't have any Lynx games, but hopefully in the future...

I got that "prepared to ship" email too, but I'm not worried about any of it.  Analogue has always delivered for me (Oh excuse the pun), so it's one company I give the benefit of the doubt.  Their stuff kicks ass!  It gets here when it gets here...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

I got that "prepared to ship" email too, but I'm not worried about any of it.  Analogue has always delivered for me (Oh excuse the pun), so it's one company I give the benefit of the doubt.  Their stuff kicks ass!  It gets here when it gets here...

I agree, I'm not concerned about my money. In a few days Analogue will have had it for 12 months and I was comfortable with doing that, knowing that they're not a fly by night company that was at risk of not delivering. 

I just find it rather odd to receive an e-mail telling me that my order is being prepared to ship several weeks in advance of it actually happening. Not concerned about it, just puzzled a bit by it.

• Like 3

Got a notification from Analogue that my order was going to be prepared on 10/31, and shipment occured on 11/21, so 3 weeks after.
I got it quite fast, and it works well, with cartridges or via openFPGA, so I am quite happy with it.

Now the problem is that I want those adapters, but 60$ of ostage fees for 3 small pieces of plastic, and no option to order something else in same order to combine shipping (the dock for example) is a lot. So right now, I have not order yet. Maybe I should try to find some french people to combine orders and save on postage (and even, Analogue limit order to 2 sets max...)

Edited by Fadest
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Fadest said:

Got a notification from Analogue that my order was going to be prepared on 10/31, and shipment occured on 11/21, so 3 weeks after.
I got it quite fast, and it works well, with cartridges or via openFPGA, so I am quite happy with it.

Now the problem is that I want those adapters, but 60$ of ostage fees for 3 small pieces of plastic, and no option to order something else in same order to combine shipping (the dock for example) is a lot. So right now, I have not order yet. Maybe I should try to find some french people to combine orders and save on postage (and even, Analogue limit order to 2 sets max...)

Any possibility of a short video? I'm interested, but will wait until the holidays are over.

• Like 1

I'm also happy with Analogue holding onto my money! I was in Group B, so was waiting nearly a year!

I got a prepared to ship on the 18th of October, but it actually didn't ship until the 10th of November.....about a 3 week gap.

You guys think shipping is expensive for yourselves? Everything you buy from Analogue to Australia is $90 US Dollars!

Whats frustrating with Analogue is their web store, which doesn't allow you to combine most things if anything at all, so you get slugged with a $90 US Dollar shipping charge every time!

That adds up when you have 3 or more pending orders!

• Like 2