IGNORED

Analogue Pocket Lynx Adapter Now Part of $99 Package

gilsaluki

6 hours ago, davidcalgary29 said:

Any possibility of a short video? I'm interested, but will wait until the holidays are over.

I must do a video with a GB Corp cartridge (showcasing how the game can be used at least in GB / GBC / GBA mode), so I can make another one with some cartridges and cores. Just need too take time.

• Like 2

Got my shipping notification today, one week short of a month since the preparation e-mail. So essentially a three week gap like several people at AtariAge have experienced.

If I were T.A.P., I'd contact Analogue. Two months since the preparing to ship e-mail and nothing since just doesn't sound right. Especially when people like me are getting that e-mail weeks later than you and are seeing their orders ship while you're still waiting for your order to finish "preparing".

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

I also got a tracking number and FedEx contacted about how I want to take care of customs. So obviously the pocket will arrive before Xmas.

Once I have the pocket in my hands I may place a pre-order for the Lynx adapter. After all, getting a modern FPGA driven Lynx was what I wanted to get.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, karri said:

Once I have the pocket in my hands I may place a pre-order for the Lynx adapter. After all, getting a modern FPGA driven Lynx was what I wanted to get.

I plan on doing the same. I have not received a tracking number yet, so I may not see mine until after the new year.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2022 at 4:54 PM, T.A.P. said:

Preordered the system like a year ago, and still waiting for it, even though I got a message in 2 months ago saying it was getting prepared for shipping.

T.A.P you really need to chase them up on this.....i assume your in Group B?

I was also in Group B and got my Pocket nearly a month ago, chase it up.......Make sure your shipping address is correct?

Edited by WesleyrpgAust
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, WesleyrpgAust said:

T.A.P you really need to chase them up on this.....i assume your in Group B?

I was also in Group B and got my Pocket nearly a month ago, chase it up.......Make sure your shipping address is correct?

I sent them an email last week and still no response.

• Like 1

FWIW,

You guys made me curious.  I've possibly confused analogue a little by (accidentally) using 2 different, but very similar email addresses...Anyway I looked it up.  As it happens I placed my order one year ago for the Pocket (12-14-2021),  and was considered Group B.  Then I got the email that they were preparing to ship one month ago (11-14-22).  I clicked on it and it said, Fulfillment Status: Processing.

I haven't got it, but I'm not worried...Not yet.

I know I'm Group C on some of the other stuff.

I do wish they'd just combined shipping on all unsent items...But it is what it is. 

I was in *Group B: Q4 2022*. So it appeared exactly when expected. My order was placed 20-12-2021.

My guess is that the reason why they need to sell the adapters as a bundle is to get the money to create the molds for the adapters. All 3 adapters seem to have the same mechanical size. The Lynx enthusiasts alone would probably not have enough orders to create the adapter alone.

• Like 1

Mine arrived Monday.

I regret deferring buying the dock last year now, especially with all the cores that have popped up. When it was just the Game Boy family, I didn't mind so much spreading it out by holding off on buying that. But now that I have the system it's going to be another 12 months it appears before I'd get the dock if I were to place an order today for it.

• Like 1

I went to the Analogue Pocket reddit to ask if there was another way to contact Analogue since they are not responding to my direct requests for support.

The thread got down-voted and removed by the moderators in less than a day. 

Thank goodness we have them around to shield and protect Analogue from the dangers of a frustrated customer trying to receive the items he purchased and has patiently been waiting an entire year to recieve.

On 12/17/2022 at 12:27 AM, T.A.P. said:

Upon further inspection, it looks they are sending me... just the charging brick.

Your joking? You've been waiting this long and all they can send you is a silly wall adapter?

I've got nearly 1K US Dollars in pre-orders with this company.....this scares me!

1 hour ago, WesleyrpgAust said:

Your joking? You've been waiting this long and all they can send you is a silly wall adapter?

I've got nearly 1K US Dollars in pre-orders with this company.....this scares me!

I wish. :(

I guess I'll find out in a week, if the package arrives. They gave me a tracking number that still just shows 'shipping label created.' 

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2022 at 11:01 AM, GoldLeader said:

FWIW,

You guys made me curious.  I've possibly confused analogue a little by (accidentally) using 2 different, but very similar email addresses...Anyway I looked it up.  As it happens I placed my order one year ago for the Pocket (12-14-2021),  and was considered Group B.  Then I got the email that they were preparing to ship one month ago (11-14-22).  I clicked on it and it said, Fulfillment Status: Processing.

I haven't got it, but I'm not worried...Not yet.

I know I'm Group C on some of the other stuff.

I do wish they'd just combined shipping on all unsent items...But it is what it is. 

OK,

I got an email!  (See?  Nothing to worry about)...It says My Pocket and the Power Supply have been shipped! 

Looks like it's in Commerce City CO right now,  (I think that's 2 hours away down the highway), and it's due here...(drumroll)   TOMORROW!!!

WOOHOO!!!  

I'm off tomorrow too!

I don't know about the dock and adapters and everything else I ordered however...

• Like 3

• 10 months later...

I don't see the significance or the reason why you'd be disappointed.

While I'm not entirely sure what Analogue is saying when they say "note that Pocket Adapters are supported with openFPGA" (are they really acknowledging the "unofficial" openFPGA counterparts to the built-in cores from Spiritualized?), why should it matter to any of us?

The Spiritualized GB/GBC/GBA/GG openFPGA cores are simply the official cores with SD card rom loading enabled and display modes disabled (with that latter limitation set to at long last be resolved later this month). If the cartridge adapters and openFPGA will be sharing the same Lynx/NGPC/TG16 cores instead of duplicating each core with an embedded official version in the firmware and an unofficial unlocked openFPGA counterpart on the SD card, so what?

Functionally for us the end result is going to be unchanged.

Edit: I suppose the library feature is problematic, but hopefully we'll see OS 2.0 fix that up so that these games will be added to the library when using a cartridge adapter. Otherwise we'll still have save states, we'll still have display modes (at least when 2.0 comes out), etc.

Edited by Atariboy