IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 16 Round 9 - Satan's Hollow

DamonicFury

Welcome to the ninth round of this 5200 HSC season!  Satan’s Hollow tied with Star Trek, but won the coin toss.  Play using the default settings.  Emulation is fine, as are custom controls. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records.

The current record was set by Cafeman with 413,200 points.  Bust it if you can for a bonus point.  

The ROM can be found here in a previous HSC thread:

Round ends Sunday, October 30th, 2022 @9pm EST

Standings:

phuzaxeman - 15,200

rubeon - 11,500

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, rubeon said:

first time I've played this in absolute ages, but it's a fun game!

going to read the instructions and give it another shot so I know what I am doing

It IS a fun game!  Glad you’re giving it another try.  

Things to know that aren’t fairly obvious… you have a shield that is activated by pushing down.  It can last for up to 15 seconds, but recharges fairly quickly.  

You can get bonus points by building a bridge to the right using pieces generated when you hit enemies that spawn in the left.  When you cross the bridge and beat the super fast demon on the other side, the bonus points are scored based on the number of level flags earned.

The only other interesting thing I can think of is that the demons will occasionally try to steal an extra life… shoot them to get it back.

17 hours ago, DamonicFury said:

It IS a fun game!  Glad you’re giving it another try.  

Things to know that aren’t fairly obvious… you have a shield that is activated by pushing down.  It can last for up to 15 seconds, but recharges fairly quickly.  

You can get bonus points by building a bridge to the right using pieces generated when you hit enemies that spawn in the left.  When you cross the bridge and beat the super fast demon on the other side, the bonus points are scored based on the number of level flags earned.

The only other interesting thing I can think of is that the demons will occasionally try to steal an extra life… shoot them to get it back.

argh, fell asleep before I could try again :-D

but I'll keep playing it on the side; apparently you boost scoring by gathering flags before crossing the bridge to beat satan, going to experiment