IGNORED

High Score Enabled Games on apps.irata.online

8 hours ago, tschak909 said:

yup, known issue, will take it off the server until we can figure out what copy protection is being tripped, as this happens even with @DjayBee's latest image. hmm.

It's not my crack but the game is OS-B-only.
If the crash is caused by a failing copy protection like in the first place, it crashes after you entered your initials.

Partially(!) patched Jawbreaker II for XL-OS:

Jawbreaker II (1982)(SierraVision)(US)[!][cr CSS].atr

Entering initials on the high-score screen works but it is still not possible to play with the keyboard.

The game maps keyboard values read from CH ($2FC) to characters via the keybaord translation table of the OS (LDA $FEFE,X).

Unfortunately the table has no fixed location in the ROM. But starting with XL-OS there is a zeropage pointer KEYDEF ($79) to the table. My patch reads the address from there and overwrites the code for the high-score entry.

Because there are accesses to $FEFE all over the place, I was too lazy to replace them all.

1 hour ago, Philsan said:

I don't now if it would be possible to use this Snokie version without the long tune after each death.

The tune is played only when you lose last life.

Snokie (1983)(Funsoft)(without annoying tune).xex 17.25 kB · 0 downloads

I will look at the binary today. Thanks.

Btw, it turns out the snokie.atr did not have the high score enabled header applied. I have fixed that, and high scores now work correctly.

-Thom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GOLDRUSH! has been #HighScoreEnabled for #Atari8bit #FujiNet users!

scores: http://scores.irata.online/goldrush.html

TNFS: atari-apps.irata.online/Atari 8-bit/Games/High Score Enabled/

Example code: https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-platformio/wiki/High-Score-writeable-ATR-example-in-BASIC

#retrogaming #retrocomputing

253059034_Screenshotfrom2022-10-3118-52-10.thumb.png.11a44ab0086847b7b6c7de904b90c44f.png

goldrush.thumb.png.7685fe3161b9f1eb04d81d59f1b9a432.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I use the firmware version 0.5.7eb55adb 2022-10-12 01:41:41 but still have two issues with it:

1) Baja Buggy: If I reach a high score then I can input my initial but FujiNet crashes totally after the third letter. I have to switch FujiNet on and off. The high score is not saved at all.

2) Jawbreaker 2: The FujiNet crashes right after saving the high score. That means every time I reached a high score and saved it, I have to restart everything so that I can save my next high score.

Are these issues known? Or is it an issue with my local setup?

Regards

Holger

9 minutes ago, janzh said:

Hi,

I use the firmware version 0.5.7eb55adb 2022-10-12 01:41:41 but still have two issues with it:

1) Baja Buggy: If I reach a high score then I can input my initial but FujiNet crashes totally after the third letter. I have to switch FujiNet on and off. The high score is not saved at all.

2) Jawbreaker 2: The FujiNet crashes right after saving the high score. That means every time I reached a high score and saved it, I have to restart everything so that I can save my next high score.

Are these issues known? Or is it an issue with my local setup?

Regards

Holger

Really? this is with the latest firmware? 

Can you reproduce while running the FujiNet Flasher with the debug monitor on? This will tell me what's happening. :)

-Thom

@tschak909 Did you upload the XL-fixed ATRs to your server?

bzw. @janzh Did you download the ATRs already some time ago?

I'm asking because these exact two games work on XLs except for keyboard input and I fixed it only after somebody found it out.

Edited by DjayBee

Hi,

Sorry took a little bit longer. Traces below. I use OS XL rev 3.

From the traces I have the idea maybe it is my fault to mount the ATRs in Write mode.

The track is from Jawbreaker 2. Maybe here the connect to the HS server is before access the disk sector. Baja Buggy does not work because there the write access to sector is before the connect to HS server.

In what mode should the ATR be mounted? Is only Read-Only mode needed and the error is because there is an attempt to write to apps.irata.online/Atari 8-bit/Games/High Score Enabled/*?

Regards

Holger

[13:25:53] CF: 31 57 5c 00 e4
[13:25:53] disk sio_process()
[13:25:53] ACK!
[13:25:53] <-SIO read 128 bytes
[13:25:53] ACK!
[13:25:53] ATR WRITE
[13:25:53] High score mode activated, attempting write open
[13:25:53] fujiHost #2 opening file path "/Atari 8-bit/Games/High Score Enabled/Jawbreaker II.atr"
[13:25:53] TNFS open file: "/Atari 8-bit/Games/High Score Enabled/Jawbreaker II.atr" (0x0003, 0x01b6)
[13:25:54] File opened, handle ID: 1, size: 92176, pos: 0
[13:25:54] tnfs_lseek currpos=0, pos=11664, typ=0
[13:25:54] tnfs_lseek success, new pos=11664, response pos=11664
[13:25:54] ATR::write fsync:-1
[13:25:54] Closing high score sector.
[13:25:54] COMPLETE!
[13:25:54] 
[13:25:54] CF: 31 52 00 00 83
[13:25:54] disk sio_process()
[13:25:54] ACK!
[13:25:54] ATR READ
[13:25:54] tnfs_lseek currpos=24592, pos=-112, typ=0
[13:25:54] ->SIO write 128 bytes
[13:25:54] ERROR!
[13:25:54] 
[13:25:54] CF: 31 52 00 00 83
[13:25:54] disk sio_process()
[13:25:54] ACK!
[13:25:54] ATR READ
[13:25:54] tnfs_lseek currpos=24592, pos=-112, typ=0
[13:25:55] ->SIO write 128 bytes
[13:25:55] ERROR!

5 hours ago, janzh said:

In what mode should the ATR be mounted? Is only Read-Only mode needed and the error is because there is an attempt to write to apps.irata.online/Atari 8-bit/Games/High Score Enabled/*?

You only need to mount R/O. This is the feature added by Thom. Fujinet checks for the modified ATR header and if it finds it AND the Atari writes to one of the sectors flagged as "high-score sectors", it reopens the ATR file for writing, writes the sectors to the server and closes the ATR file again.

I don't know if mounting the image R/W is causing your error but you can try this by yourself.

(If you mount R/W then the image is locked for everybody else to open.)