IGNORED

LynXjam 2022

Igor

21 minutes ago, LordKraken said:

Don't worry Karri, no matter how late you start, I will always start after everybody hehe :D😎

Oh, sorry. I forgot about the French speed coders. Anything beyond 24 hours is wasted time for a competition entry. 😎

• Haha 2

On 10/20/2022 at 12:41 AM, Igor said:

It's that time of the year again! LynXjam 2022 will be starting soon! The theme for this year's jam will be released when the jam starts, but for now you can enjoy the cover art and check out the official jam page here - https://itch.io/jam/lynxjam-2022

Ready, get set, code! 🕹

Update 21-Nov-2022: The theme has been announced, let's see what you all make of it! I've been wanting to do this theme for a while now.

The link to the game template is in this post: 

image.thumb.jpeg.3fb2800cfe670480f5a2305f8e333847.jpeg

Not sure if sanyone noticed but the playing court looks like the atari logo. Nice touch!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just realized that I have booked all my days until the deadline. So my apologies in advance. The game may be playable with a soundtrack stolen from last year. The cute animation may appear after the deadline for the final cart version.

1729665029_Screenshotfrom2022-12-0614-40-34.png.2b1aaa8e70bd2d96b4a8532b7c225fc6.png

The graphics may be a bit NSFW as well as the game itself. But this is close to the spirit of the current jam requirements. So I blame Igor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/6/2022 at 7:32 AM, Ecernosoft said:

Not sure if sanyone noticed but the playing court looks like the atari logo. Nice touch!

Haha yep, I used an AI art generator for that background, didn't have Atari in the keywords but it somehow became part of it. I just decided to roll with it.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2022 at 10:42 PM, karri said:

I just realized that I have booked all my days until the deadline. So my apologies in advance. The game may be playable with a soundtrack stolen from last year. The cute animation may appear after the deadline for the final cart version.

1729665029_Screenshotfrom2022-12-0614-40-34.png.2b1aaa8e70bd2d96b4a8532b7c225fc6.png

The graphics may be a bit NSFW as well as the game itself. But this is close to the spirit of the current jam requirements. So I blame Igor.

Interesting! Didn't think you'd make it in time this year given your boat cruise, glad to see an entry from you!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Igor said:

Interesting! Didn't think you'd make it in time this year given your boat cruise, glad to see an entry from you!

I am getting a little help from Walter @gambler172. My guess is that everything I have time to do will be done today. The game is hopefully playable with background music. But the charm is mainly in the reactions of the witch. And I need a lot of drawings and witty texts to insult the player. Without that the game is just boring...

So I am counting on filling in some graphical place holders later. But the game itself will be completed by the 12th.

43 minutes ago, karri said:

I am getting a little help from Walter @gambler172. My guess is that everything I have time to do will be done today. The game is hopefully playable with background music. But the charm is mainly in the reactions of the witch. And I need a lot of drawings and witty texts to insult the player. Without that the game is just boring...

So I am counting on filling in some graphical place holders later. But the game itself will be completed by the 12th.

Ah makes sense, I was wondering how the halloween graphics are supposed to line up with this year's theme...very interested to see what you both come up with!

I still don't have a cut scene or intro (not sure if I'll have time for this), or music/sounds - but there's the weekend!

15 minutes ago, Igor said:

Ah makes sense, I was wondering how the halloween graphics are supposed to line up with this year's theme...very interested to see what you both come up with!

I still don't have a cut scene or intro (not sure if I'll have time for this), or music/sounds - but there's the weekend!

Lucky you. My week-end is completely devoted to the audition for the Spamalot musical. But there is still Monday morning. That should do it.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2022 at 12:18 PM, Fadest said:

If someone want to try the beta version of my game, it is available.

I hope to be able to complete it a bit before deadline, so I am open to all feedbacks (but do not guarantee I will be able to take them in consideration before deadline).

Twitter Panic by Fadest (itch.io)

Wow. That's really good! The final version is going to be so fun. Your instructions are fun, too.

• Thanks 1

Well, hey, it looks like I'm the first one to submit a game! I actually only submitted the LNX file. I still need to figure out how to create the LYX and the O.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who gave me advice over the past couple weeks. I appreciate your help. And good luck with your games! I can't wait to play them all!

image.thumb.png.52f2b24ada252b9475082fa427e689c1.png

Edited by OldAtAtari
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, OldAtAtari said:

I love the color choices. Your graphics look really good.

Thanks! Our entries seem to have a similar goal. Get likes and followers ;) 

I would like to try out your entry now. But there is still so much to do with my entry so I cannot afford any distractions. The best quote of social networking imho:

- May your life be as wonderful as it appears on facebook!

PS. I published the game as a placeholder. It is playable - but you can only complete a Screwdriver. I hope to get a little more in place before the actual deadline. The animations will appear closer to Xmas.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, karri said:

Thanks! Our entries seem to have a similar goal. Get likes and followers ;) 

I would like to try out your entry now. But there is still so much to do with my entry so I cannot afford any distractions. The best quote of social networking imho:

- May your life be as wonderful as it appears on facebook!

PS. I published the game as a placeholder. It is playable - but you can only complete a Screwdriver. I hope to get a little more in place before the actual deadline. The animations will appear closer to Xmas.

I love that quote! May your life be as wonderful as it appears on Facebook. That's great. And if only it could be true!

On 12/11/2022 at 6:08 AM, OldAtAtari said:

Well, hey, it looks like I'm the first one to submit a game! I actually only submitted the LNX file. I still need to figure out how to create the LYX and the O.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who gave me advice over the past couple weeks. I appreciate your help. And good luck with your games! I can't wait to play them all!

I tried it this morning, this is fun, nice graphs & animations.

May I suggest some improvements ?

- Double the score (bonus or malus) if catched while doing a trick, as right now, there is no need to make tricks, unless I missed something

- When we do the trick on the ground, our feets should also catch bonus & malus (ie extend the collision zone to legs & feets)

- Maybe same with arms when spinning...

But overall, these are just small remarks, it is a a fun entry.

The game/simulation is now playable. But there is still no notification of when you have won the game.

Plus ALL the animations, witty insuilts, sound effects are still missing.

A very short introduction is in the README.md file:

# README #

Drunk Witch is a jam entry for the LynXjam2022 itch.io jam.

### Storyline ###

You are trying to show your talents as a bartender by blogging your own
DrunkWitch channel. Unfortunately your audience is all the weirdos and
trolls found on the net. Try to survive by mixing quality drinks to
attact followers.

### Controls ###

* UP - browse flasks
* DOWN - browse flasks
* UP/DOWN - browse flasks
* LEFT/RIGHT - browse flasks
* A - pour into cup
* B - drink
* Flip - flip the screen
* Reset - quit the game

### The team behind it all ###

* Karri Kaksonen
* Walter Lauer
282708306_Screenshotfrom2022-12-1213-22-03.thumb.png.a1878bf329d3ffd653ae7034b92a40a2.png

If you manage to pour a decent drink you see the name of your creation and may pick up a new follower.

DrunkWitch.lnx

PS. If you believe that something you mixed is drinkable but it did not get recognized you can send me a PM with the ingedients and the name of the drink. If it really is drinkable I may add it to known drinks ;) 
Stuff like Coke + Ice + a slice of lemon in not a drink. It is something you might mix to get rid of the rust with.