IGNORED

Invaders From Andromeda - Final version

Cisano

Hi to everyone. This is my last game.

It is a Space Invaders clone with some differences.
In this game there are 10 waves of invaders, after it finishs.
No points, no spaceships, but only shields for one spaceship.
If you hit the ufo at the top of the screen, you get one shield.
5 are the max number of shields you can have.
When all the shields are gone, it's game over.

If you loose all the shields, but the last bullet hits the ufo... the game continues :)
The spaceship has 2 different fire power. They are used in alternate waves.
After level 4 the barriers become movable.

In the PAL version I've redefined manually the colors.

Thanks for SpiceWare for the help with PAL60 version.

image.jpeg.38c7589390ce02498e42911a746757d6.jpeg

NTSC Invaders From Andromeda.zip

PAL60 Invaders From Andromeda.zip

Source code here

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

That amazes me to no end that you guys can come up with this stuff; a bunch of random letters, numbers, ascii characters....whatever, and turn that into a game.  

I just played it a little on my Stella emulator.  Any chance you could program in the Konami code or something so I can get some extra lives? :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt300ZXT said:

That amazes me to no end that you guys can come up with this stuff; a bunch of random letters, numbers, ascii characters....whatever, and turn that into a game.  

I just played it a little on my Stella emulator.  Any chance you could program in the Konami code or something so I can get some extra lives? :D 

What do you mean about extra lives? In the game?

9 hours ago, Matt300ZXT said:

It's an old video game code from the NES days.  Konami put a code in a lot of their games you could punch in for a bunch of extra lives because their games were so hard.  

For Extra Life, you have to shoot the blue/white UFO style at top of screen (which it moves across from left to right) to get Extra Shield. 😉

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Pretty looking game, although I completed it on my first go.

Spoiler

As the invaders don't come down there isn't much jeopardy, so less invaders more day trippers. So once you shoot the invaders in the centre columns and leave the aliens on the sides, you can sit in the centre (just above the shield number is good) and not die, just wait and shoot the mothership to get the shield to 5. Shoot the side invaders until there is 1 on each side, maybe go back to the centre to get your shield up to 5 again and it's pretty easy to shoot the last two to get to the next level, repeat until the game is over.

2 hours ago, Jamtex said:

Pretty looking game, although I completed it on my first go.

Reveal hidden contents

As the invaders don't come down there isn't much jeopardy, so less invaders more day trippers. So once you shoot the invaders in the centre columns and leave the aliens on the sides, you can sit in the centre (just above the shield number is good) and not die, just wait and shoot the mothership to get the shield to 5. Shoot the side invaders until there is 1 on each side, maybe go back to the centre to get your shield up to 5 again and it's pretty easy to shoot the last two to get to the next level, repeat until the game is over.

Thanks. I know, it is an easy game. I made some mistake about it. 

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm happy to announce that Invaders From Andromeda will be released in a physical form by Dalton Laboratories (which is my company :)). It will be a licensed release, under the permission from Cisano.

The planned release day is 24 November 2023. I'm targeting the Polish market (which is very small when comes to Atari 2600) and currently I'm taking pre-orders on Allegro (Polish e-commerce platform). However, if you live in EU and are interested in buying a copy, let me know and probably we'll figure something out :)

20231024_215045.jpg

20231024_215125.jpg

20231024_215359.jpg

• Like 7