IGNORED

The 2004 Video Game Summit

Dan Iacovelli

The VGS weds night chats will start next Weds at the playand view.com chat rooms from 7pm to 9pm.

some topics that will be discussed are: net connection(the hotel now has wireless net connection ,but there is a charge by the minute. I would like to know how many people would be interested in using it(it might bring up the table cost a bit depending on how much they charge)

also some ideas for the show(I'll see if I can get some one from VGDS to join the chats as well, to see if they are still interested in joining with us)

I forgot to mention that Ihave decided to drop on moving the show to new location (near by mall).

The VGS weds night chats will start next Weds at the playand view.com chat rooms from 7pm to 9pm.

some topics that will be discussed are: net connection(the hotel now has wireless net connection ,but there is a charge by the minute. I would like to know how many people would be interested in using it(it might bring up the table cost a bit depending on how much they charge)

also some ideas for the show(I'll see if I can get some one from VGDS to join the chats as well, to see if they are still interested in joining with us)

just got a e-mail from the guys at VGDS: they decdied not join us because they want to focus on the acedemics and development of games.

so with that in mind I can focus my attention on getting the show ready for next year: going to go back to one main room and the hallway for the show at the hotel (seeing how many tables we sold last year Ithink it would be best)

plus with the VGDS out of the picture Imight consider going for a mall show. All this will be discussed at the chat on weds.

(I did offer an invite for any body at vgds to come to the show and the chats btw)

If you interested in helping out ot planning to attend VGS'05

please attend the planning chats on weds nights from 7pm to 9pm(ct)

at playandview.com chat room.

heres a brief list of items we are going to discuss:

wireless internet(the hotel will have it this year but with price (I think it is per minute but don't how much)

Food and/or beverage: yes, this was a big problem with the two first shows figured that we are near BK and Micky D's this time I want to have food on the site(I asked about this on survey they sent me about the show(if the cost of beverage is high I'll have them supply the food and I'll supply the pop(8,0z cans of pop they are less then the 12 oz in cost))

Activities: I do plan to have raffles and tournies(might be atari biased though since thats all I got,but if anybody else wants to add a tourney please let me know at the chat)

I am also open to other ideas.

As for # of rooms: we are going back 1 main room and tables in the hallway (we sold aprox 21 tables at vgs'04, which would have filled up

the main room(we had about 15 in one room and about 6 in the other)

based on that one room would have been better to use))

see you at the first chat tonight.

• 1 month later...

A couple of things about VGS'05:

We do have a date July 16th,2005 we will be returning to the same hotel.

with a minor change from last year show:

we will be uisng rooms A and B and the hallway for the show(this based that that we sold 21 tables last year and we could easly filled the the one room that way) Now for those who wondered about food: We will be using the Deli for this (pizza buffet and coffee,pop and cookies and browines )

btw: the Deli room will be free for us to use but it will only be food not for selling, trading or exhibition.

I'm also looking into the net connection as well.

look for offical announcnet coming next week as well as new topic.

A couple of things about  VGS'05:

We do have a date July 16th,2005 we will be returning to the same hotel.

with a minor change from last year show:

we will be uisng rooms A and B and the hallway for the show(this based that that we sold 21 tables last year and we could easly filled the the one room that way) Now for those who wondered about food: We will be using the Deli for this (pizza buffet and coffee,pop and cookies and browines )

btw: the Deli room will be free for us to use but it will only be food not for selling, trading or exhibition.

I'm also looking into the net connection as well.

look for offical announcnet coming next week as well as new topic.

We will have net connection at the show this is confirmed.

it's not wireless but it is wired and plus it free.

• 1 month later...