IGNORED

DO NOT READ. This thread is bad.

Ecernosoft

hey guys. Do you have any ideas for what you'd like me to add to the game?

*Also note, as of V12.5 Grand ledge is skipped so you can enjoy the full 7 levels! (Really there's 8 because of the special stage which can be accessed by getting a certain amount of hearts IN THAT STAGE depending on the zone you are in)

Always wanted to see something in a platformer? Now is the time. Let me know if you'd like to see anything in the game!

Please don't ask for sound or enemies, as I'll add that.

Seems you did not contact Rafal. Cause it does not work on Dragonfly. it also does not work on my emulator anymore. So I have no interest in this anymore

However I gave it a last chance on my Concerto.....difficult to start....2 levels work,

Then there are lots of graphic bugs and glitches, which makes  the game unplayable.  😭

Edited by gambler172
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, gambler172 said:

Seems you did not contact Rafal. Cause it does not work on Dragonfly. it also does not work on my emulator anymore. So I have no interest in this anymore

However I gave it a last chance on my Concerto.....difficult to start....2 levels work,

Then there are lots of graphic bugs and glitches, which makes  the game unplayable.  😭

I had the same experience on the concerto. I won't be following this anymore either because your interest has already moved onto sequels and peripherals. Hopefully you can gain some focus as you progress and age. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, gambler172 said:

I didn't because I didn't have time.

And also, what? On my Atari 7800 using a concerto it looks fine. I'll test again now.

1 hour ago, Silver Back said:

I had the same experience on the concerto. I won't be following this anymore either because your interest has already moved onto sequels and peripherals. Hopefully you can gain some focus as you progress and age. 

Odd. I'm going to test again. Must be something wrong. Which version are you playing?

Some versions glitch because I was disabling DMA during VBLANK.

V12.5 works fine for all levels on Concerto.

Hey guys. Some of you have been complaining of graphical glitches. And it doesn't work on Dragonfly.. I'll make sure to contact Rafal on why it won't boot.

V13.25 works fine for all 8 levels. Download that if you don't have it, since V11.0 has graphical glitches.

11 hours ago, gambler172 said:

Hey @gambler172, please don't be mad at me.

I do not have a dragonfly, hence I can't test it.

And also, I'm pretty busy! Please remember I'm still in School, after all.

Edit: I just tested it and V13.25 works fine on concerto. Do you have a different model of Atari 7800? Mine has the Laserdisk port.

Edited by Ecernosoft

Just tried V13.25 (using BupSystem emulator)

It seems the level glitches out when switching directions.  If you move to the right far enough that the screen scrolls quite a bit, then switch to moving left till the screen scrolls back to where you were, you don't actually go back to where you were.

AND, as I was writing this, the game completely glitched out and is now showing a cool, but probably unintentional rainbow screensaver.

image.thumb.png.9c1ef9e335f33e752652013d1886ee16.png

1 hour ago, splendidnut said:

It seems the level glitches out when switching directions.  If you move to the right far enough that the screen scrolls quite a bit, then switch to moving left till the screen scrolls back to where you were, you don't actually go back to where you were.

AND, as I was writing this, the game completely glitched out and is now showing a cool, but probably unintentional rainbow screensaver.

Did you wait more than 80 seconds while being idle?

1 hour ago, splendidnut said:

Ah. Yeah, the scrolling in the left direction is buggy. It will be fixed..... but it's not yet.

The screensaver is intentional. One day I was playing Princess rescue on my 7800 when it was time for school, so I left it running. When I came back, I played some more, but when I got to one level where the background was blue, I could see a "Ghost image" on the TV of where I had left off. It doesn't show that anymore, but I had a similar issue with Mountain king and my PC showing the diamonds when the game wasn't running. Again, it doesn't do that anymore.

Edit: Thanks for playing my game!

Edited by Ecernosoft

Ok, so earlier today I reacted very poorly to you guys getting upset about my game not working on Dragonfly. Sorry about that. ;) 

Anyway, I wanted to let you all know that It's Conner time 3 will never work on Dragonfly unless that changes (And if it does, I'll let you know)

8 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

How long does it take for this to kick in?  I left the 7800 sitting for a couple of hours with ICT3 running, and it never switched over to it.

Not a new enough version.

It takes 80 seconds to kick in.

13.75 does it!

Edited by Ecernosoft

8 hours ago, splendidnut said:

Do you remember which version added the "screensaver"?

V13.0

6 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Not a helpful response.

@splendidnut had it kick in and he was running 13.25; I'm running the same version he is, and have not seen it.

Dude, I know! I couldn't remember which version.

You need to wait 80 seconds.

2 minutes ago, Ecernosoft said:

V13.0

Dude, I know! I couldn't remember which version.

You need to wait 80 seconds.

17 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

How long does it take for this to kick in?  I left the 7800 sitting for a couple of hours with ICT3 running, and it never switched over to it.

2 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Which version was that?

And note: V14.0 does have the screensaver.

Edit: If it doesn't work for you, check which version you are playing. And please, do NOT yell at me because I don't respond since I'm at school or asleep, or that you played an older version and a new feature wasn't implemented in that older version. Thanks.

Edited by Ecernosoft

4 minutes ago, Ecernosoft said:

And please, do NOT yell at me because I don't respond since I'm at school or asleep, or that you played an older version and a new feature wasn't implemented in that older version. Thanks.

Where was the yelling?

He stated that the response you provided was not helpful... as you made the assumption that he was not playing the latest version.  It's not good to make assumptions.  Instead, you should have asked him what version he tried.  Then, based on his response, try and figure out why he might not have seen the screensaver.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, splendidnut said:

Where was the yelling?

He stated that the response you provided was not helpful... as you made the assumption that he was not playing the latest version.  It's not good to make assumptions.  Instead, you should have asked him what version he tried.  Then, based on his response, try and figure out why he might not have seen the screensaver.

6 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Not a helpful response.

@splendidnut had it kick in and he was running 13.25; I'm running the same version he is, and have not seen it.

That's true, but it's not just him....

Others were complaining the game was unplayable because of a graphics glitch present in an older version. Or that it doesn't work on dragonfly..... I didn't contact him because I didn't have time to. I have now, so I'll see what he says.

On 11/6/2022 at 3:08 AM, gambler172 said:

Edited by Ecernosoft

1 minute ago, splendidnut said:

Where is the yelling?

Dude, he's not yelling, it just feels like he was.

And guys, I don't want this to become a "Ecernosoft sucks, he's an awful person" thread. I just wanted to make a post about the third ICT game, not have a "Battle of the strongest internet warlord" thread.

Believe me, that wasn't yelling.  If you think it is, go dig up some of my posts elsewhere on the forum where I actually am unhappy with someone; the difference should be obvious.

In any event, I'm out.  It's not worth wasting my time or effort on this when @Ecernosoft willfully ignores advice that would prevent these communication problems, then gets pissy into the bargain that the universe isn't bending to his will.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, x=usr(1536) said:

In any event, I'm out.  It's not worth wasting my time or effort on this when @Ecernosoft willfully ignores advice that would prevent these communication problems, then gets pissy into the bargain that the universe isn't bending to his will.

Dude, I wasn't trying to.

Can we please end this? I wasn't trying to ignore you. I'm not trying to be a bad person. I'm busy and you know that. Now please, let's end this before I need to abandon this thread.  I'm not trying to be a B*tch or anything. I'm busy.

Edited by Ecernosoft