IGNORED

Please use your EMAIL ADDRESS to login from now on!

Albert

It's come to our attention recently that attempts are being made to hack into member accounts on the forum by brute forcing passwords.  In order to help prevent this from happening, we are now requiring that you login using your email address instead of your username.  This will prevent someone from attempting to take over your account if they don't already know your email address.  When an account is taken over like this, the hacker then typically tries to scam users by offering items for sale and then asking you to pay using payment methods that offer you no protection.

Here are some other steps you can do to make your account more secure:

If you have any questions, please feel free to respond here.

Thank you,

..Al

• Like 9

Had to think which Email I used, the typical one is not the same one I used years ago when I joined. Fortunately it was my second guess 😜This may be one thing to consider especially for long time members, some may have long changed their default Email and completely forgotten the one they signed up here with. I guess if enough wrong attempts are made they can go though the "Forgotten Password" option. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

This may be one thing to consider especially for long time members, some may have long changed their default Email and completely forgotten the one they signed up here with. I guess if enough wrong attempts are made they can go though the "Forgotten Password" option. 

Yeah, I'll work with anyone who has that issue. I'm sure there are several people in that position. 

..Al

• Like 1

I figured. It was so long ago I joined 😬I see the Store login has not changed. I am in Opera now so now that I logged in successfully I had to update my browser passwords for AA but now I use Edge / Firefox / Chrome as well so now that I got it sorted I am about to update my passwords in those accordingly.  Thanks Al, have a good day. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Hm, how should that work if you have forgotten your mail address? :) 

Oh yeah right 🤷‍♂️I wasn't thinking, I was just happy to have figured out my password. 😝

True though, password recovery / reset will be of little help if the required Email is lost. 

289850932_Screenshot2022-10-24044130.thumb.png.ed7f5c0075b450b4546eb56350f53bab.png

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

1 minute ago, apersson850 said:

It works anyway. I just realized that the e-mail address I once used to register is no longer in use. The service provider cancelled that service. But I could still use it to log in, in spite of it not being active any longer.

You can update your email address here.

..Al

On 10/29/2022 at 12:32 PM, Astharot_66 said:

How i migrate my account that i use with no email in new mode ? In this mode i lost all... can give me an help? Thanks. Please write me reply at astharot@live.it

All accounts have email addresses.  I will send you a message and we'll get you back on with your original account.

..Al

• 3 weeks later...