IGNORED

Three Video Pinballs compared C-380

Rob Mitchell

Back in the day and for many years all I had was the plain vanilla Atari C-380 video pinball.  Only recently did I get the brown Sears and now the brown Atari C-380.  The other day I realized that the two brown ones have a different game called Breakaway or Breakthru!  This game has a gap in the Breakout wall!  Absent from this game lineup is the one basket version of basketball.

I think I prefer these for this different Breakout version.   (I never liked either of the basketball games.)

27354AB9-24FE-4C4A-81C1-12878A5B885A.jpeg

Edited by Rob Mitchell
update
  • Like 3

A fun piece of trivia: the woodgrain version of the console (with two Breakout games) was initially a Sears exclusive alongside the white Atari version (with two Rebound games). Atari released it under their own branding in 1978, and it was Atari's final dedicated console. 🙂

• Like 3

15 hours ago, BassGuitari said:

A fun piece of trivia: the woodgrain version of the console (with two Breakout games) was initially a Sears exclusive alongside the white Atari version (with two Rebound games). Atari released it under their own branding in 1978, and it was Atari's final dedicated console. 🙂

Thanks .. the different game lineups just became apparent to me.

The IC with the code C11500-03 has this Breakthrough game as the unique game:

9D439440-602D-4695-B0D6-7972D04B847C.jpeg

The IC with code C010755-03 has this single Rebound game as the unique game:

3C715366-9F12-40DC-AE8C-9173E4482E14.jpeg

Edited by Rob Mitchell
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I hadn't seen any decappings, yet.

There's more noise surrounding C-380 and other pong consoles nowadays than there was just 3 or 4 years ago. IMHO it's just a matter of time.

I suppose news would show up here or on Riddle's page.

https://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=394958&page=1&view=expanded&sb=5&o=&vc=1

Or in M.A.M.E.'s monthly release notes. There might even be an explosion of "status updates" if this ever gets emulated! Watch for it!

Edited by Keatah
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...