IGNORED

What I'd like to see in a SNES Mini 2. . . .

So, if Nintendo was to make a SNES Mini 2, here's what I'd like to see in it:

Basically, pretty much the same as before with a bunch of classic SNES digital titles pre-installed, but just with the SNES Jr. model (I guess):

image-1.png?w=500

Along with one major addition, which would be a working [mini] cartridge slot that actually takes [mini] compilation carts of classic SNES games in a similar vain to the Evercade VS: https://evercade.co.uk/vs/

image-3.png?w=1001

This would mean publishers like Nintendo, Capcom, Konami, Square-Enix, Namco, Atari, etc, could release their own compilation carts of classic SNES games in modern times and possibly even make some brand new games for it too.

And, in an ideal world, Nintendo would actually release proper development documentation, finally, and maybe even some kind of simple and very user-friendly software developement tools to go along with this, so indie developers could also build their own SNES Mini titles relatively easily too, which could be via a website or even built into the system directly in a similar vain to the Pico-8: https://www.lexaloffle.com/pico-8.php

image-4.png?w=256

At the bare minimun though, just having a working [mini] cartridge slot allowing additional physical [mini] games to be plugged in could be a game-changer in the Mini category imo.

I think that could take a new SNES Mini 2 from being another cool little stocking filler to something potentially very special, and maybe even give birth to a modern SNES Mini console/game market category in its own right.

Edited by Kirk_Johnston

I find your whole idea for a 2nd system a lot of equal parts fun and delusion. :)  Nintendo would never give people dev tools more proper than Mario Paint and that canned Sound Fantasy thing they finished/near finished and killed for music development in Japan for SFC, and well mini carts?  Not a chance, they're about quality, but cheap and quality.  Manufacturing a line of carts would not be a value to them because they only have so much of a library and the licensing on the games would be a pain in the ass as would paying for each copy sold basically to each developer.  It's a fight to some level seeing how the switch apps get games added to get the good stuff.

Now, I would be behind one entirely, and of the model 2 look, staying in competition with what Sega is doing now.  But as the SNES CD was a scam we know now to rip off Nintendo and profit to Sony, it never got to exist for retail.  So to make up for no Mega/Sega CD goodies, it would need something else.  I think one thing would be, more unreleased finished games would be a huge thing, Starfox 2 did it super well, easily inspired Sega to do that with both their minis.  That Sound Fantasy cartridge would be a fantastic start, but also sticking with tools, include this time just one controller, sell a spare, but pack-in a SNES MOUSE replica and include Mario Paint on the device (and exploit the large chip there to save far far more data!)  And with the mouse, you could open the door to some nice stuff, Mario & Wario which never left Japan but doesn't have a barrier, adding TinStar which they published, and re-wiring the SuperScope 6 stuff and have that mouse capable for some point and click fun with the SS6 cart minimally as the puzzles and missiles stuff were a blast, maybe throw in one of the Clash games and also Yoshi's Safari.

Beyond that, largely what the original did, more quality licensed titles the first lacked people moaned the most about.  Final Fantasy 2, Chrono Trigger, Mario All-Stars, Kirby's Dream Land 3, Pilotwings, ActRaiser, Secret of Evermore, Super Tecmo Bowl and Ninja Gaiden Trilogy for the Tecmo stable of games. If Rare could get on board add in Killer Instinct.  Maybe Mystical Ninja finally on a US console (stuck in Japan currently), Magical Quest Mickey Mouse if Capcom/Disney would swing it, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Stunt Race FX(maybe overclocked?), Tetris Attack or Tetris & Dr Mario, if Konami would be right... TMNT4 maybe Dracula X, UN Squadron, or Sunset Riders.

These would be some good qualities to add for notable games people could get behind on a $80-100 range mini system one more time.

Here's sound fantasy if yo have no idea what I'm talking about:  https://lostmediawiki.com/Sound_Fantasy_(found_build_of_unreleased_Super_Nintendo_music_game;_1993)

• Like 1

I think just a second model with more games would be just enough (but first they should make a NES Mini 2), having physical cartridges with collections from other companies is something that they could do for the Nintendo Switch, since the hardware would probably identical and the emulator would be similar to the one for the NSO.

16 hours ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

And, in an ideal world, Nintendo would actually release proper development documentation, finally, and maybe even some kind of simple and very user-friendly software developement tools to go along with this, so indie developers could also build their own SNES Mini titles relatively easily too, which could be via a website or even built into the system directly in a similar vain to the Pico-8: https://www.lexaloffle.com/pico-8.php

Unless you make it very limited like Super Mario Maker for instance, it would be difficult because the SNES has a lot of constraints (like most systems from that era mind you). Pico-8 is odd in that regard because the resolution is very low and the color palette (quite) limited, but there are not a lot of limitations otherwise and you have incredible 3D games like Virtua Racing that run at 60 fps. 😅

Well, for me, I think the most basic version of the system I would actually care about would have to have the working mini-size or full-size cartridge slot, or there would be literally no reason to go out and get the second model personally speaking, since I've already hacked my SNES Classic Mini and added every game I want anyway, and can still add more if necessary.

The differentiator here with my new idea is making the system something that can go beyond just the initial release in a way that's actually meaningful, yet kept very simple and fluff free and in-keeping with the original.

So, I'd personally go with a SNES Jr. Classic Mini with around 20+ pre-installed games and two controllers, and with the working mini cartridge slot as the one extra USP feature, at the same price as before or a little more. Or I'd just go all-in with a SNES 3, which would be basically the same as the Mini 2 idea anyway, but with an all new "model 3" physical design and a full-size cartridge slot.

The one caveat for a version with a working cartridge slot again would be that Nintendo would probably have to release at least one compilation* cartridge alongside the console, either from a first party team or a third party developer, just to show the potential there, and then it could handle the production of any new physical games like this from itself and/or third parties going forward, just as I assume the Evercade team does.

But, either way, it would still be cool to see another one of these systems from Nintendo, in whatever form.

*And it's compilation so it wouldn't require actually making an actual new game but simply bundling a few pre-existing SNES games in one [mini or full-size] cartridge and re-releasing them, basically just like Evercade is largely and very smartly doing it.

Edited by Kirk_Johnston

9 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I find your whole idea for a 2nd system a lot of equal parts fun and delusion. :)  Nintendo would never give people dev tools more proper than Mario Paint and that canned Sound Fantasy thing they finished/near finished and killed for music development in Japan for SFC, and well mini carts?  Not a chance, they're about quality, but cheap and quality.  Manufacturing a line of carts would not be a value to them because they only have so much of a library and the licensing on the games would be a pain in the ass as would paying for each copy sold basically to each developer.  It's a fight to some level seeing how the switch apps get games added to get the good stuff.

Now, I would be behind one entirely, and of the model 2 look, staying in competition with what Sega is doing now.  But as the SNES CD was a scam we know now to rip off Nintendo and profit to Sony, it never got to exist for retail.  So to make up for no Mega/Sega CD goodies, it would need something else.  I think one thing would be, more unreleased finished games would be a huge thing, Starfox 2 did it super well, easily inspired Sega to do that with both their minis.  That Sound Fantasy cartridge would be a fantastic start, but also sticking with tools, include this time just one controller, sell a spare, but pack-in a SNES MOUSE replica and include Mario Paint on the device (and exploit the large chip there to save far far more data!)  And with the mouse, you could open the door to some nice stuff, Mario & Wario which never left Japan but doesn't have a barrier, adding TinStar which they published, and re-wiring the SuperScope 6 stuff and have that mouse capable for some point and click fun with the SS6 cart minimally as the puzzles and missiles stuff were a blast, maybe throw in one of the Clash games and also Yoshi's Safari.

Beyond that, largely what the original did, more quality licensed titles the first lacked people moaned the most about.  Final Fantasy 2, Chrono Trigger, Mario All-Stars, Kirby's Dream Land 3, Pilotwings, ActRaiser, Secret of Evermore, Super Tecmo Bowl and Ninja Gaiden Trilogy for the Tecmo stable of games. If Rare could get on board add in Killer Instinct.  Maybe Mystical Ninja finally on a US console (stuck in Japan currently), Magical Quest Mickey Mouse if Capcom/Disney would swing it, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Stunt Race FX(maybe overclocked?), Tetris Attack or Tetris & Dr Mario, if Konami would be right... TMNT4 maybe Dracula X, UN Squadron, or Sunset Riders.

These would be some good qualities to add for notable games people could get behind on a $80-100 range mini system one more time.

Here's sound fantasy if yo have no idea what I'm talking about:  https://lostmediawiki.com/Sound_Fantasy_(found_build_of_unreleased_Super_Nintendo_music_game;_1993)

Yeah, a finished version of that sound factory could be a cool bonus inclusion.

Not sure removing a standard controller and replacing it with the very niche mouse would be a good move at all though, because they'd be removing the core two-player capability of the console in-the-box for basically one or two niche mouse games they might include, which doesn't track with me at all. I doubt most people go out and buy additonal peripherals for this cool but almost stocking-filler console, so I think it's best to nail the core package value proposition in the box day one.

Some other light-gun games are too filler to be what I would base a second model's library on personally, and are not strong enough titles to justify replacing a standard controller for the mouse. At that point it would start to feel a little bit like what Sega is doing with the Genesis/Mega Drive Mini 2, and I think Nintendo can do something a bit more focused and "Nintendo" than that and maintain the consistent high quality standard to continue to hit a much larger sales base, and potentially even more than the 5.28 million units of the first system.

If they can make the sound game work with a controller though, then I think it would be all good to include it as one of the bonus games. I'd be totally cool with that.

Edit: I actually think, if done right, it could be cool to have the mouse as one of the peripherals you can buy for a version of the SNES Mini with working cartridge slot I mentioned, but this time bundle it with a compilation cartridge with the finished sound game, Mario Paint, a bunch of updated light-gun games, etc. I'd be well up for that as an extra option to go alongside the core system. And, interestingly, it's right in line with the future potential I see with including a working cartridge slot this time around.

Edited by Kirk_Johnston

Is anyone else curious to see just how small a mini console could be made? I know many people said that the GG Micro was TOO small, but how small could these things theoretically be made? 

Controller aside, imagine a NES mini for example the size of a coin yet fully functional. Could it be done?

9 hours ago, Zap1982 said:

Is anyone else curious to see just how small a mini console could be made? I know many people said that the GG Micro was TOO small, but how small could these things theoretically be made? 

Controller aside, imagine a NES mini for example the size of a coin yet fully functional. Could it be done?

Or, you could just put the necessary NES/SNES processing stuff inside the controller directly, since you need a controller either way, have a little wireless dongle that takes the game signal from the controller and plugs directly into the TV as the output source, since you have to get the game to the TV somehow, and done. That could 100% be accomplished today.

Edited by Kirk_Johnston

5 hours ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

Or, you could just put the necessary NES/SNES processing stuff inside the controller directly, since you need a controller either way, have a little wireless dongle that takes the game signal from the controller and plugs directly into the TV as the output source, since you have to get the game to the TV somehow, and done. That could 100% be accomplished today.

The idea of a controller you could just get out particularly preloaded or even with an SD card and just point at the TV is awesome.

But then for the unpractical and morbid curiousity..

Screenshot_20221030-064702_Samsung Internet.jpg

@Kirk_Johnston You're saying what people won't do, but you do realize that the NES classic edition controller was perpetually out of stock that the third party ones just flew off the shelf too and did consistently well into the 2nd run of the hardware a year later and then you could get one because they made enough to go with the consoles that time.  It isn't crazy at all to think with the right list of games on a SNES 2 where one controller and a mouse would be a bad idea.  Depending what games are added largely you could skate around the two player games too making it an optional grab depending on what's included.

Lay off with the working cartridge slot shit, seriously.

You can dream, but the reality is they've explicitly said it's not what they wanted to do years ago, still don't want to do it now, and all we have to go by for comparison is the Evercade and the margins on that given most games are $20 and are multicarts are really thin, it's not worth their time, money, and wasted facilities to make the thing.  So it would be best if we're going to argue what works to stick to reality, not if Nintendo owned the Evercade company.  They're not going to also undercut their agreements for the Nintendo Switch NES+SNES(Gen, N64, etc) monthly handouts for using their paid services either.  That's where I was running my post from, reality, cartridges are never going to happen on a mini console from them.  The most wild thing I could figure with some slim chance, if this existed, and if my idea of throwing in Mario Paint and Sound Factory too, either a controller port dongle/SD card slot on the device hardware locked to just output, not input, so you could save your works and take them elsewhere.  That would have huge value to people from younger to kids of that era to have some fun with the tools.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tanooki said:

@Kirk_Johnston You're saying what people won't do, but you do realize that the NES classic edition controller was perpetually out of stock that the third party ones just flew off the shelf too and did consistently well into the 2nd run of the hardware a year later and then you could get one because they made enough to go with the consoles that time.  It isn't crazy at all to think with the right list of games on a SNES 2 where one controller and a mouse would be a bad idea.  Depending what games are added largely you could skate around the two player games too making it an optional grab depending on what's included.

Lay off with the working cartridge slot shit, seriously.

You can dream, but the reality is they've explicitly said it's not what they wanted to do years ago, still don't want to do it now, and all we have to go by for comparison is the Evercade and the margins on that given most games are $20 and are multicarts are really thin, it's not worth their time, money, and wasted facilities to make the thing.  So it would be best if we're going to argue what works to stick to reality, not if Nintendo owned the Evercade company.  They're not going to also undercut their agreements for the Nintendo Switch NES+SNES(Gen, N64, etc) monthly handouts for using their paid services either.  That's where I was running my post from, reality, cartridges are never going to happen on a mini console from them.  The most wild thing I could figure with some slim chance, if this existed, and if my idea of throwing in Mario Paint and Sound Factory too, either a controller port dongle/SD card slot on the device hardware locked to just output, not input, so you could save your works and take them elsewhere.  That would have huge value to people from younger to kids of that era to have some fun with the tools.

I'm not sure why you want me to lay off with the working cartridge slot idea. I think it's the best idea for taking these official Mini systems to the next level of all the ones I've seen or heard to date, especially a new Nintendo branded Mini above all. I just don't think we're seeing it through the same lense though, basically.

I don't recall Nintendo saying they didn't want to do what I've suggested at any point.

And, again, I actually like the idea of a mouse peripheral that maybe came with a compilation of games to make it a much more attractive value proposition, basically exactly how it worked for the Wiimote Plus for example, but I wouldn't at all want that instead of the second controller in the box personally. And I think it would make best sense to have the mouse as the peripheral you buy serarately, while still having the second controller bundled as per normal in this particular case.

I do think having the mouse bundled would give the system short-term novelty factor and appeal to some of the more hardcore SNES enthusiasts and collectors and the like, so I have no doubt that plenty of people would pick up, just like many people will go get the new Genesis Mini 2 for the Christmas novelty or collector factor imo, but I'm actually trying to think of something that would genuinely give a new SNES Mini 2 system a much longer-term lifespan than that, and potentially that runs alongside the likes of Switch as kinda the budget and basic option, as opposed to just being a stocking filler for a single Christmas or whatever and then it's gone from the market again until who knows when Nintendo will decide to do something else along these lines. I think my idea of including a working cartridge slot, above any other ideas I've heard, could potentially give a new SNES Mini 2 the kind of legs the likes of the Master System still has in places like Brazil, where it's a really cheap, easy to produce, mass-market, beloved system that anyone from casuals to hardcore gamers can enjoy out the box with no fuss or hassle, and that could also technically still see new support for decades to come, which is what would give it those legs beyond all the other official Mini systems to date (ignoring the utterly crap AtGames systems that no one takes seriously). At least that's how I'm thinking about it.

Actually, basically, it would be very much like one of those AtGames Genesis systems with the working cartridge slots and a bunch of pre-installed games when all is said and done, but just an official first-party created SNES Mini 2 version of that idea, so actually properly great and ripe to sell in the millions and possibly tens of millions if done just right imo.

But, each person is free to come up with the system they'd like to see and dream about whatever they want.

Edited by Kirk_Johnston

Is there a particular reason why it has to be modeled like a SNES Jr? I doubt the mass market would recognize that design and would instead shun away from it. And they would have to leave out the power LED like the original did, madness. 

And I'm sorry to say but every time I hear SNES Jr, there's a certain Atari shell that comes to mind... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Wayler said:

Is there a particular reason why it has to be modeled like a SNES Jr? I doubt the mass market would recognize that design and would instead shun away from it. And they would have to leave out the power LED like the original did, madness. 

And I'm sorry to say but every time I hear SNES Jr, there's a certain Atari shell that comes to mind... 

Nah, it could totally just be the first model again, or even a new SNES model design that we haven't seen before, but I'm just saying the SNES Jr. for this Mini 2 because I expect it's probably what Nintendo would go with in the same way Sega went with the model 2 for their Genesis/Mega Drive Mini 2.

Utlimately, I just want a new official first-party SNES console in 2022 with a proper working catridge slot, ideally around the same size as these mini consoles simply because it would take up less room and there's really no need for such a console to be much bigger in modern times, and still including the 20+ pre-installed games like in the current SNES Classic Mini because it just makes it a great value-proposition out the box.

Something along the lines of Super-NT form factor would actually be spot-on imo, but just an official first party Nintendo version, because that's differentiator between something that might sell a few thousand units to only the most hardcore fans/collectors and something that would sell in the millions, maybe even tens of millions if done right, which is better for all the SNES fans out there in the long-term imo:

supernt-header-1518723424738.thumb.jpg.1f1a1a4398a3f3056a144ee3cd5229e9.jpg

Look, Tanooki, I even included a pic with the SNES mouse (not that I'd personally ever bundle that instead of the second standard controller in the box). 😛

Edited by Kirk_Johnston

I think any First Party remake will never be cartridge taking as that would just open a can of worms for them.  They'll stick to pure emulation. 

If a working cart slot is what you want, just get a Super NT while they're still available and call it a day.   Anyway, majority of folks just pop in a sd2snes/fxpak pro in their cart slots and it never leaves.  😜

Edited by NE146
  • Thanks 2

@Kirk_Johnston I thought I was clear on why to lay off the cart idea.  Because honestly, from a business perspective it's just for a company like Nintendo utterly and incredibly stupid and counter productive.  There would be no money in it for them worth the effort of designing such a thing and it would end up being surely profitable, but less profitable than what they're doing now.  They'd have to wrangle up a bunch of licensing agreements, amend others, given how the games are also on switch as it is now too.  The level of legal work, contracts, profit sharing or payouts, whatever the case would have to happen before they'd even delve into designing a small console from the ground up. Sure in part they could partly use what exists now with the SNES CE system, even re-use the controllers too completely or largely depending how close to accurate they wanted.  It would be a huge money pit to start to dig out from, but seeing as they'd have to pay out so much of the profitability to get contracts per game from Konami/Hudson, Capcom, Tecmo/Koei, Square-Enix, and the rest it's just way too many hurdles.  I get you're fanboying out over the possbilities, I mean, who wouldn't, at least from that era that wants another piece of fun fluff.  But going away from the feelings into the cold hard cash and marketing side of things, it would not be worth the effort and honestly counter productive.

The only currently example of this making some low level moderate profitability is the evercade, and even then, they couldn't hack it so they had to do things in baby steps and get contracts with larger tv-games/handheld crap peddlers like BLAZE in the UK/EU/PAL circles for their devices, and another for the US market which barely bothers, so you largely have to import the stuff as much doesn't come here natively which is ridiculous.  They get by, but they also get help to get by, and yeah they're small, not Nintendo sized at all, but it's their issues on getting out product, failures to get more product without gross delays and other problems, lack of steady releases in applicable regions, all rack up to one negative after another why it's not a smart move.  It's fun, it's great owning small tangible media, but it's also problematic.

Look what evercade does get, and doesn't get from obvious names.  Namco, EU only and only handheld, they firmware banned the vs console, and then they canceled their contract renewal killing that because digital made more sense, Technos did the same just after.  Do we see Square-Enix, Capcom, Konami/Hudson, and Tecmo/Koei putting stuff on there?  Nope.  They were ok with a closed console, they're ok as downloads as part of a service, and they're also great on re-packaging the stuff themselves as digital and sometimes physical bundles for the fans when a huge ass name (Castlevania, Turtles) are tied to it.  The patterns are there on limits, failures, and scraping by with it, and it's just not any positive signs at all.  Those who do get on board like Data East and WB(Midway/Williams) peddle their shit into $10-20 myarcade tabletop and portable atrocities, and rarely a few others do with a closed console like that one mini console with a few Capcom games on it like the always trotted out GnG and 1942.

That's why.

• Like 2

I'd tend to agree with others here, a cartridge port on a mini console no longer makes sense in today's world. Heck, just a standard SD cart slot would suffice, if you really want to make the system expandable in terms of games, but really, what company would do that today?

Not to take this too much off-topic, but along the same idea, I just want to mention that one thing I would like to see are custom GameBoy-cart-sized cartridges designed to work on the Analogue Pocket. I'm not an electronics expert, so I don't know if the limit of 32 pins in the cart port of the Pocket would pose serious technical issues, but if at all possible, NES mini-carts, or perhaps ColecoVision or maybe even Atari 2600 mini-carts designed specifically for the Pocket would be cool. If the mini-cart PCB hardware can be designed together with a proper FPGA core for each custom cart type, it should work seamlessly, and the Pocket could have its own little library of games, in addition for standard GB/GBC/GBA support, and the official adaptors for GG, NGPC, Lynx, TurboGrafx-16, etc. It'll probably never happen, but still, such carts would be nice collector items for Analogue Pocket owners.  :)

• Like 3

Well, I can see there's not a lot of consensus on the best approach for a new SNES Mini system here--not really surprised there to be honest--so I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that someone important at Nintendo thinks similarly to me, and then, if the product I suggested ever exits, we can see how we'll all judge it at that time and how well it does. And, if some other version comes out instead, we can see how we'll all judge that version at that time and how well it does*.

I've got my fingers crossed. . . .

*But, much like the Genesis/Mega Drive Mini 2, which I have no compelling reason to buy personally, if it's just basically more of same but with an overall lower quality list of games, plus a bunch of random convoluted stuff I never wanted the first place and don't care about, and there's nothing to give it must-have appeal beyond simply being another Nintendo Mini system, I'll definitely not fork out for it. I already have my SNES Mini, which I absolutely love, and it's hacked to include every game I want to play, from SNES and a whole bunch of other systems too, so I have zero reason to buy basically the same thing twice but with some different games included this time. But that's just me, and I have no doubt that more of the same would still sell many millions of units and turn a nice and simple profit for Nintendo.

Edited by Kirk_Johnston
  • Haha 1

Given how nicely wii pointer "lightgun" games sold for a stretch, and even got good support with full added game modes like with Medal or Honor Heroes 2 he's more likely right than you are on the possibility of something being done.  NES Zapper games have a far better chance due to the quality and variety.

No one here is against you, largely we'd all like to see another evercade like solution and from them of all places, definitely.  It's just we're not in denial of just how dumb of an idea it is also seeing how not so great the evercade seems to be just dribbling along with their releases and tacit support.  Sure Nintendo isn't some tiny operation like them, but that's also exactly why they won't do it either for the reasons I and others have already said.  Sure we want it, but we don't, won't, and never will expect it because it makes utterly no business sense in the slightest.

Personally I think they should still do a pair or trio of gameboy minis (GB/C/A or GB+C and A) and maybe the n64 if they can wrangle enough deals to get the key games off the Bond people, Rare, WB(for Midway), Factor5/DIsney(for Star Wars, Indy), etc as their stuff alone wouldn't cut it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tanooki said:

maybe the n64 if they can wrangle enough deals to get the key games off the Bond people, Rare, WB(for Midway), Factor5/DIsney(for Star Wars, Indy), etc as their stuff alone wouldn't cut it.

They own the Rare games except for GoldenEye 007 (but it's coming back on the Switch so anything is possible) and Conker's Bad Fur Day, which must belong to Microsoft now. But I agree it would be hard to get a lot of games "on their own", and the 21 games of the SNES Mini sounds thin compared to more recent offerings.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Given how nicely wii pointer "lightgun" games sold for a stretch, and even got good support with full added game modes like with Medal or Honor Heroes 2 he's more likely right than you are on the possibility of something being done.  NES Zapper games have a far better chance due to the quality and variety.

No one here is against you, largely we'd all like to see another evercade like solution and from them of all places, definitely.  It's just we're not in denial of just how dumb of an idea it is also seeing how not so great the evercade seems to be just dribbling along with their releases and tacit support.  Sure Nintendo isn't some tiny operation like them, but that's also exactly why they won't do it either for the reasons I and others have already said.  Sure we want it, but we don't, won't, and never will expect it because it makes utterly no business sense in the slightest.

Personally I think they should still do a pair or trio of gameboy minis (GB/C/A or GB+C and A) and maybe the n64 if they can wrangle enough deals to get the key games off the Bond people, Rare, WB(for Midway), Factor5/DIsney(for Star Wars, Indy), etc as their stuff alone wouldn't cut it.

Well, I still don't agree that the working cartridge slot idea is dumb just because Evercade are apparantly dropping the ball, and/or that it makes no business sense. Whatever mistakes Evercade has made beyond the core idea, I don't think Nintendo would make the same ones. I'm still confident Nintendo could make this something special, but we can agree to disagree on that one.

I would be totally up for all those other Mini consoles too though.

Edited by Kirk_Johnston