IGNORED

Halloween special: New Game (SplatterVania)

phoboz

Just a note for the future, making a thread titled Halloween/Thanksgiving etc special makes people think at least a playable demo is being offered. Probably want to reword that next time.

But it looks good. Nice step forward. An idea might be to make some of the lights flicker like they're shorting out in a cold damp not well maintained tunnel overrun by Zombies. I think the effect would be cool.

Edited by JagChris
  • Confused 4

12 minutes ago, JagChris said:

Just a note for the future, making a thread titled Halloween/Thanksgiving etc special makes people think at least a playable demo is being offered. Probably want to reword that next time.

Naw, sounds more like an assumption on your part. 

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I apologize for necro bumping this thread, but can anyone tell me if Phoboz will ever be unbanned? I ask because his games for Jaguar are incredible and its sad to see him banned.

I did find that thread where he had a second ghost account, so I wonder — since he produces high-quality games for the Jaguar, was the ban necessary? I’m not trying to question the rules here. When you weigh in what he provides to the community vs the offense, is a perma ban

a little heavy-handed? I’m not trying to be a dick or anything; I just love the games he and Krauser produce. If there’s something I am not aware of that he did beyond the second account issue, I apologize for my ignorance on the matter.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ColecoGamer said:

I apologize for necro bumping this thread, but can anyone tell me if Phoboz will ever be unbanned? I ask because his games for Jaguar are incredible and its sad to see him banned.

I did find that thread where he had a second ghost account, so I wonder — since he produces high-quality games for the Jaguar, was the ban necessary? I’m not trying to question the rules here. When you weigh in what he provides to the community vs the offense, is a perma ban

a little heavy-handed? I’m not trying to be a dick or anything; I just love the games he and Krauser produce. If there’s something I am not aware of that he did beyond the second account issue, I apologize for my ignorance on the matter.

Are you seriously asking this question??? Do developers get a pass for underhanded tricks and other bad behavior just because they're developers? Are you really that starved for games that you don't mind a developer treating the community like a bunch of fools to be exploited just because they release something? This kind of attitude is like having a wife who sneaks another man into your house and getting impregnated by him, and you're fine with it because your wife acknowledges your existence once every two months. Have some fucking self-respect.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sauron said:

Are you seriously asking this question??? Do developers get a pass for underhanded tricks and other bad behavior just because they're developers? Are you really that starved for games that you don't mind a developer treating the community like a bunch of fools to be exploited just because they release something? This kind of attitude is like having a wife who sneaks another man into your house and getting impregnated by him, and you're fine with it because your wife acknowledges your existence once every two months. Have some fucking self-respect.

Yes, I did ask the question, because I haven’t been around the AA board often in a few months. All I know is what I posted. 

I also said, “If there’s something I am not aware of that he did beyond the second account issue, I apologize for my ignorance on the matter.” Maybe you missed it? A simple explanation would have sufficed. But then again, simple things are hard for some people to perform. But what do I know, right! I’m too ‘starved’ for games. 🙄

4 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Yes, I suppose qhack is pretty neat.

I read the thread you posted. I missed a lot in my absence. I even found Al’s thread that explained everything in detail. Between that Qhack thread and what Al uncovered, I can see why there was animosity towards my question. 

I wasn’t trying to stir the pot; I should have dug deeper before I said anything. I apologize for that. Oh well… live and learn, as they say.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, ColecoGamer said:

I read the thread you posted. I missed a lot in my absence. I even found Al’s thread that explained everything in detail. Between that Qhack thread and what Al uncovered, I can see why there was animosity towards my question. 

I wasn’t trying to stir the pot; I should have dug deeper before I said anything. I apologize for that. Oh well… live and learn, as they say.

No worries, I was probably a bit too harsh in my reply. Yes, as you can see it's more than just a simple cash of using sock puppets. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Also I’d like to add: yes, I very much liked the games he has already released, but I refuse to support a hacker. 

qhack is a game, or more like a code example how to write a rogue like game.

https://www.adom.de/misc/qhack.php3

And it has nothing to do with the ban.

He is appearently still working on games and eventually releasing them, Eternal Krauser/Ninjabba do all the communication part  in this forum. 

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 3

So when Phoboz denied it used any qhack in the other thread ... he was being dishonest ..  and now you've been caught red handed a change has been made to a store listing. 

Looking at the date on that email - 16 Maj 2023....  Only two years late....  Let's not lose track of what actually happened by doing the usual Jaguar-scene tactic of trying to rewrite history and prentending it didn't due to a text change. Lucky for you guys Thomas was cool with it.

Well I guess it's a start along a correct path, at the very least. 

• Like 5