IGNORED

Last Strike - DEMO ROM

CyranoJ

Last Strike - Single Level DEMO

What you get:

• The complete first level (Horizontal, Boss, Vertical)
  • Both Classic modes (NRETS and IMANOK)

What is removed:

• Online scoreboard access via QR codes
  • The end of level shop
  • Jukebox
  • EEPROM stuff (Score saving)
  • Levels 2-5 (duh!)

What it requires:

• A Jaguar GameDrive or a Skunkboard - it will not run on emulators or if made into a cart

This is something I have been meaning to get around to for a while now.  I think going forward all major reboot-games releases will have a demo of some sort available.

If you enjoy what you see here the full game is available in the AtariAge store - please consider a purchase if you haven't already. Your support is incredibly motivational and helps drive future projects.

Happy Halloween, everyone!

Last Strike DEMO.zip

• Like 17
  • Thanks 10

Placed it on GD, starting it, GD ask to start at $4000 or headerless ROM.

Starting as headerless ROM gets me a blank screen.

"run at $4000" won't work either (clear, as it won't fit into RAM)

It is important to remove the (random) code in front of the file _before_ putting it on the SD card!

I see JaS isn't due for another 6 months. I may just order Last Strike while I'm waiting. So, first impressions - Last Strike, a little tricky at first like all good shoot-em-ups, but enough there to make me want to get good at it. Meanwhile JaS is an absolutely beautiful game that wouldn't look out of place on modern hardware. I also love the gameplay and music. Reviewers are going to rave about JaS when it's published. Thank you so much for these games and demos. I love playing new games for old consoles 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, LynxEffect said:

I see JaS isn't due for another 6 months. I may just order Last Strike while I'm waiting. So, first impressions - Last Strike, a little tricky at first like all good shoot-em-ups, but enough there to make me want to get good at it. Meanwhile JaS is an absolutely beautiful game that wouldn't look out of place on modern hardware. I also love the gameplay and music. Reviewers are going to rave about JaS when it's published. Thank you so much for these games and demos. I love playing new games for old consoles 🙂

Thanks! Have you played the Gravitic Mines demo too?

• Like 1

'Torb's Tips for Last Strike newcomers:

Don't try to kill everything.

Move ship only when necessary. I move quickly to general place I need to go, then tap and release D pad to fine-tune if time permits.

Buy front and rear shot upgrades in first store visit along with as many extra lives as possible. On next store visit, replenish lives again and buy shields as well.

Fly low. The bottom of screen is often the safest from flying enemies and projectiles, and you get to destroy lots of stuff from side.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, agradeneu said:

Thanks! Have you played the Gravitic Mines demo too?

Yes, I played the demo, loved it, and promptly ordered the full game (currently on its way here from Atari Age, thank you). Earlier this year I got the rotary controller mod. Gravitic Mines works brilliantly with it, insofar as I got with the demo. I can't wait for the full game to arrive. My experience of this game genre is limited to the AstroLander Easter Egg on TimeSpitters 2, and the similar level from The Incredible Crash Dummies (of all things) on the DMG Gameboy 🚀

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, grips03 said:

Tried the game again and its too tricky for me.  Wish it had 5 level heath bar, so would not die on one hit.

You start with one shield and can buy more; each shield absorbs one enemy contact. It’s only hitting ground/ceiling/platforms that kills instantly.

I played this for first time on 50” with HDMI adapter and could not stop smashing into ground. Unsure why the game became easy on 30” CRT and nearly impossible on big screen.