IGNORED

6th Annual Fall Knockout Tourney - Round 4 - Frogger

image.jpeg.74a01827aaac0599431c9b7835e85de2.jpeg

6th Annual Fall Knockout Tournament

Round 4

image.png.79312cffb27f14a6341de6c39939707b.pngFrogger for Colecovision Box Artimage.png.af84584b29b4cf7665c259c438e7def5.png

Game Information

Game Name: Frogger

Released by: Arcade: Konami 1981. CV: Parker Bros. 1983.

Settings: Slow

CV HSC High ScoreSlow: 94,320 Northcoastgamer (3/2015 HSC8).

Manual: http://adamarchive.org/archive/Manuals/ColecoVision/Frogger.pdf

Round Ends: Monday November 7th  at 8pm (PST) 11pm (EST)

Rules are simple. After each round ends, the player with the lowest score is eliminated and we continue playing rounds until one individual remains atop the carnage. Having the top score isn't necessary yet, just try not to have the lowest score. If more than one player or players tie for the lowest score, the player with the best average finish from the previous rounds will move on. Good Luck!

ColecoVision Platform Theme Video - Platform Theme Videos - LaunchBox  Community Forums

Good Luck!

Final Frogger Scores

1)133,530 DuggerVideoGames  Record Breaker - Record Setter :-o :-o

2)  32,760 Northcoastgamer

3)  18,860 Razzie.P

4)  11,980 zaphro72

5)  11,640 fakecortex  

6)  11,000 jblenkle  

7)  10,740 Colecovision 

8)     8,520 digress  

For Fun Frogger Scores

1)29,070 chuckwalla

2)11,690 ed1475

3)  3,880 Serguei2

Players

Colecovision

digress

DuggerVideoGames

fakecortex

jblenkle

Northcoastgamer

Razzie.P

zaphro72

ed1475         (ELIMINATED Round 3) 

chuckwalla   (ELIMINATED Round 2)

Krytol           (ELIMINATED Round 1)

frogger-1983.rom

Edited by Northcoastgamer
Final Score Update

EDIT:  Corrected my score from 48,150 to 48,160 pts.

Frogger [Slow]:  48,160 pts

Normally do better than this.  Had almost 40k before losing a single life, then I just made too many mistakes.  And the times you don't make a mistake, the gator's inside the last pad and you run out of time waiting it out.  Ha!

Frogger Slow 48,160 pts.jpg

Edited by DuggerVideoGames
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Northcoastgamer said:

Fantastic score! I know what you've been doing.

Wouldn't surprise me if you're right.  We both probably have the same approach.  I've been getting on that gator's back and then going down a row to get on a log at the leftmost part of the screen to get that first pad.  At that point in the game, I'm doing the same thing almost every level.  Feels like it's just reruns at that point, haha.

Had a few stupid deaths at the end where I tried to be too quick and too fancy.  Ended up hitting the snake on the edges of the logs.  D'oh!

3 hours ago, Northcoastgamer said:

Fantastic score! I know what you've been doing.

2 hours ago, DuggerVideoGames said:

Wouldn't surprise me if you're right.  We both probably have the same approach.  I've been getting on that gator's back and then going down a row to get on a log at the leftmost part of the screen to get that first pad.  At that point in the game, I'm doing the same thing almost every level.  Feels like it's just reruns at that point, haha.

Had a few stupid deaths at the end where I tried to be too quick and too fancy.  Ended up hitting the snake on the edges of the logs.  D'oh!

I took the "I know what you've been doing" comment to mean "you've been practicing and/or playing a lot of Frogger," and not so much your specific strategy  🤣

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

I took the "I know what you've been doing" comment to mean "you've been practicing and/or playing a lot of Frogger," and not so much your specific strategy  🤣

Dugger has a laboratory instead of a game room where he tediously practices his craft. A gaming mad scientist if you will. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Northcoastgamer said:

Dugger has a laboratory instead of a game room where he tediously practices his craft. A gaming mad scientist if you will. 

Sometimes!  Sometimes relentless practice is needed.  But frankly, that was only the second time I played Frogger this week.  I actually binged a bit on Donkey Kong Jr. a few weeks ago and found that I was a little rusty.

All are welcome to my secret ColecoVision lair, which is guarded by my legitimate businessmen (Donnie Bruschetta and Bobby Snausages).  They're good fellas!  Sometimes even royalty visits for a gaming session.  Last week, we pulled an all-nighter with Count Dookie of Sharts Landing while playing Venture, Cosmic Avenger, and Artillery Duel.

• Like 1