IGNORED

Planning for 2023 (or whenever the chip shortage is over)

opcode

We are planning our return to physical cartridge releases next year (🤞🏻). This chart shows development progress for our current Arcade Series lineup that should be part of our planned releases for the ColecoVision with the SGM. The first 5 games (as listed) should be fully playable by the end of 2022.

Equipped with 20 years of experience, the best tools, the most advanced drivers, and the Super Game Module, we strive for the most authentic arcade experience on the ColecoVision, bar none.

image.thumb.png.0a559a2b2c87eb7cd814774b9612e217.png

• Like 11

Currently working on... SGM2/OMNI, many SGM2/OMNI games
Please visit my ColecoVision website: Opcode Games

I'm thrilled with your announcement and I was also happy to see your invitation to visit your website. Alas, I clicked the link only to discover that your website is still inoperative. It would seem a properly set up POS (Point Of Sale) website would only enhance your business whether it be marketing, acquiring an accurate client database, an efficient ordering system, information sharing, customer service, etc. Social Media sites will provide some but not all of these benefits.

For all of us I wish you continued success and personally hope to see your website soon.

Why Popeye?  The original version is excellent and there's no missing levels as far as I know.  I get why you did DK. There's a missing level on the original but I just think time would be better spent doing an arcade conversion that's not as good as Popeye or has not yet been done for the CV.  Actually, same with Ladybug.  The original is excellent.  Ok, so you can maybe get them more arcade perfect but if people want arcade perfection, they can do MAME.  I guess you will find a market for these but as these physical releases are so expensive, personally I look for something on my CV that's more of a different experience to games I already own.  Such as Moon Cresta.  DEFINITELY getting that one.

Edited by insertclevernamehere

12 minutes ago, insertclevernamehere said:

Why Popeye?  The original version is excellent and there's no missing levels as far as I know.  I get why you did DK. There's a missing level on the original but I just think time would be better spent doing an arcade conversion that's not as good as Popeye or has not yet been done for the CV.  Actually, same with Ladybug.  The original is excellent.  Ok, so you can maybe get them more arcade perfect but if people want arcade perfection, they can do MAME.  I guess you will find a market for these but as these physical releases are so expensive, personally I look for something on my CV that's more of a different experience to games I already own.  Such as Moon Cresta.  DEFINITELY getting that one.

Well, if just having all stages is your idea of "excellent", wait and see... :P 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 11/5/2022 at 1:36 PM, opcode said:

Well, if just having all stages is your idea of "excellent", wait and see... :P 

Cannot wait to see Popeye!!!!  If what you have done recently with other arcade titles is any indication, this will be VERY arcade authentic!!!  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2022 at 4:22 PM, insertclevernamehere said:

Sorry, but a Popeye remake for CV would be fantastic. While the original 1983 Parker Bros. CV Popeye port was very good for its time,  graphically it could use a modern makeover especially Popeye himself (who was just as tall as Brutus and looked more like a ghost than Popeye).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flyindrew said:

Sorry, but a Popeye remake for CV would be fantastic. While the original 1983 Parker Bros. CV Popeye port was very good for its time,  graphically it could use a modern makeover especially Popeye himself (who was just as tall as Brutus and looked more like a ghost than Popeye).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2023 at 9:34 AM, opcode said:

Actually I was going to do this.
After I disassembled the old Time Pilot Rom I was going to add the missing stuff and update a few things but glad to see someone else is working on it.

After my DOS project I can always add the missing Venture treasures or Cosmic Avenger which is really lacking.
Personally I would completely redo Cosmic Avenger but that is just me.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

....assuming I joined the opcode club today, what games would i be able to buy and at what price? is there a chance to buy the previous releases like DKA and Pacman dx and Gradius or they were reserved for those who joined the club in previous years? the whole "you can buy the next 3 released games" thing seems a bit complicated to me...what if want to buy ALL the games produced by Opcode?

4 minutes ago, veritas said:

....assuming I joined the opcode club today, what games would i be able to buy and at what price? is there a chance to buy the previous releases like DKA and Pacman dx and Gradius or they were reserved for those who joined the club in previous years? the whole "you can buy the next 3 released games" thing seems a bit complicated to me...what if want to buy ALL the games produced by Opcode?

Hi! I will ask Grazi to contact you ASAP. She can provide you with links to some past newsletters so we will get all the info you need. :) 

1 hour ago, veritas said:

Ok, stupid me. Didn’t read your post properly. We just started Season 2 of the Club. The way Season 2 works is a little different, and hopefully simplify things. Now you get 2 games included in the membership package, DKA Jr and Amidar. You also get some other benefits. Season 1 members on the other hand get priority access to games from season 1, like DKA (exclusive), Moon Cresta, etc. Season 2 members also get priority access, but for season 2 games like Time Pilot, Lady Bug, Pengo, Dig-Dug and possibly more.