IGNORED

New Jaguar Games Arrive - Gods, The Chaos Engine, Stormbringer!

Albert

We're proud to announce the immediate availability of three new games for the Atari Jaguar - Gods, The Chaos Engine, and Stormbringer! You can now enjoy these three classic computer games on the Jaguar with new soundtracks and no slow floppy loading! Gods and The Chaos Engine were developed by The Bitmap Brothers and were popular and well-reviewed back when they were released. Stormbringer is the fourth game in the Magic Knight series created by David Jones.

Click on the images below to jump straight to each game to learn more about them!

Gods The Chaos Engine Stormbringer
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 5

There's a beauty here in seeing some of the most remembered games of an era make their way to a console that many people don't remember at all.  To those who do remember, and those who are just discovering this console, it's an incredible thing to see this happening, and is one reason why I love working on this console.

I'm deeply grateful for the opportunity to produce on the artwork/packaging for these unique releases of Gods and Chaos Engine.  Thanks to @Albert, @CyranoJ, The Bitmap Brothers, and Rebellion for the feedback on the packaging/artwork to make these visual standout titles for the Jag, and for making the whole thing possible to begin with.  I'm looking forward to holding these in my hands soon.

Here are the time lapse videos of the box art illustrations for both Gods and Chaos Engine.  Enjoy!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BitJag said:

Here are the time lapse videos of the box art illustrations for both Gods and Chaos Engine.  Enjoy!

Those videos are both mesmerizing.  As much as I love the final artwork, it's kind of a shame that some other great work has to be left on the cutting room floor.  Any chance some of the scrapped art might have made it into the manuals?  Is it hard for you to move on from those other concepts after pouring so much time/thought/love into them?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PFG 9000 said:

Those videos are both mesmerizing.  As much as I love the final artwork, it's kind of a shame that some other great work has to be left on the cutting room floor.  Any chance some of the scrapped art might have made it into the manuals?  Is it hard for you to move on from those other concepts after pouring so much time/thought/love into them?

Albert is totally boss! (do the kids still say that...)  He's a literal boss as well :D I trust his and @CyranoJ opinions on what should we should move forward on, and I believe they trust my push back when I think it's warranted.  Also, even though there may be times we disagree on which idea to move forward with, I start on these commissions with the expectation that there will be some things we won't agree on.  This helps keep me from being too married to any one idea, and instead try to make every idea good enough so no matter which path gets chosen, it will lead to good final result. Part of what is so satisfying for me with this is to see the effort of the few of us involved in these projects come to together to bring a new life to these old games that we love. All those small disagreements, if there are any, melt away into the background of the larger thing we are all working on.

I'm glad that Albert and CJ like the rough ideas enough to ask for them to somehow be incorporated into the manual.  Be sure to check the manuals when you get Gods and Chaos Engine, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BitJag said:

I'm glad that Albert and CJ like the rough ideas enough to ask for them to somehow be incorporated into the manual.  Be sure to check the manuals when you get Gods and Chaos Engine, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

They both look amazing, thank you! Although I am still rather partial to the Gravitic Mines manual :D

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, insertclevernamehere said:

The Bitmap Bros games make me really want a Jaguar.  Especially with that beautiful artwork. Sadly, not enough to pay what Jaguars go for on ebay though 😩.

Just buy the games then, ready for when you have a Jaguar! :D:D:D

• Like 1

• 2 months later...