IGNORED

TRS-80 COCO disk drives

grownup

I have a set of disk drives for the Coco that I bought many years ago. I have never used them because I don't have the cable that's needed to hook it up to the side of the coco. It's a cable that basically connected to a special cartridge-adapter. I can't say whether they work or not; I guess they do, but maybe I'm a little bit of a hoarder for having them all these years and never using them and therefore I need to sell them because I don't have any disc software for the cocoa and don't plan on finding any in any store anytime soon because I've never seen any! The only problem with these things is they are very heavy. So I think it would be best to meet in person to trade these off. I can meet anywhere between Gainesville and Fort Myers in Florida. If you need these real bad and you live somewhere else, yes I guess I could ship them but you're looking at a hefty shipping price. I would really like cash for these. Of course Atari games that I don't have always work as an alternative to cash 😉

IMG_20221017_075534048.jpg

IMG_20221017_075543735.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's interesting. I always wondered about that because I have an old, old TRS 80 model 1 catalog. Inside the catalog it's full of all this old TRS 80 stuff for the model one. Everything in there costs thousands of dollars. And the disc drives look just like these but without the color logo. Are you sure about this? Have you tried it? I don't have the catalog in front of me but those drives were at least $1,000 a piece. And with inflation that's way more than that now.