IGNORED

Fairchild Channel F - Flashcart

3DMAZE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

@3DMAZE

We're all rooting for you to pick up development, are there still plans and maybe a deadline/goal?

With minor reset-fixable quirks almost everything runs for NTSC, how about going for that and leave the compatibility-fixes for PAL to someone else? I estimate 90% of the users will be using US machines anyway.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 11/3/2022 at 5:52 PM, 3DMAZE said:

Glad to see im #12 on the waiting list ;)  Is this project still happening, any eta? Love this and cant wait! :) 

Note (Dec-11-2023)
: I will be out of the country for ~2 months, so selling/shipping won't occur until then at the earliest. I'm bringing my Channel F with me though, and expect the development to be completed before I'm back

Videocart Pi

This flashcart (powered by a Raspberry Pi Pico) allows games to be loaded from an SD card and played on a real Fairchild Channel F. It supports loading both official games, and homebrew, through the built-in multi-menu. Using a μcontroller also allows for additional features like FRAM & timers.

It's currently in the final stages of development, as there's a few bugs left to tackle (particularly with non-NTSC units). Thus price/release date are TBD. Prototype units were shipped and are being tested by two other users. The 3D files for the case were provided to me by e5frog.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
19 hours ago, Ron Peters said:

I guess this never happened. I've bene on the wait list forever and have not heard a thing since.

I just ordered one from @e5frog last month and I have to say the quality of his work is fantastic! You'd think it was an OEM product, and it works perfectly. I can't recommend his flashcart highly enough, and suggest reaching out to see if he still has some left.

Here's the link to the thread he started about them: https://forums.atariage.com/topic/149932-fs-fairchild-system-channel-f-multi-cart-pre-order-now/

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, CrashTestMonkey said:

I just ordered one from @e5frog last month and I have to say the quality of his work is fantastic! You'd think it was an OEM product, and it works perfectly. I can't recommend his flashcart highly enough, and suggest reaching out to see if he still has some left.

Here's the link to the thread he started about them: https://forums.atariage.com/topic/149932-fs-fairchild-system-channel-f-multi-cart-pre-order-now/

Just bear in mind that this is NOT a flash cart but a multicart.

I do have one and it’s spectacular. But they are different beasts. 🙂 

• Thanks 1