IGNORED

Season 13 ~ Weeks 13/14 ~ Activision Quickies!

Vocelli

On 11/20/2022 at 2:14 PM, jgkspsx said:

“Real Ataris are better” bumper tickers should be issued.

Staying with yur sentiment, but slightly wandering of "HSC" topic, lol, my bad-

For sure-I play mostly to register scores on an actual scoreboard elsewhere on as many games as possible, including doubling/tripling up, playing NTSC/PAL, AND EMU versions of the same damned track, lol.

I'm willing to do those and some of the flashback stuff even, since I can earn "points" for doing so, but along the way I've gained a LOT of experience, A/Bing the stuff, and actually seeing the differences.

Stella/most EMU's are pretty well on their way, to me some games play faithfully, others kinda don't, but I'm not sure it's the software's "problem", just some delay lags here and there.

But the Flashbacks so far, to me are borderline unplayable, unfortunately.

(Oddly, I LOVE the cheap CX-40's tho, I use them on real hardware mostly, ha!).

I've went as far as to contact them, ATGames, and say so(lol)(I'm not exactly shy...), but also encouraged them to "keep trying", lol, because I DO think EMU and Flashback stuff is INCREDIBLY important, for the future.

My room is a museum, almost everything, lol, and most of it works.

That's simply not gonna be the case forever, there WILL come a time when people still want to check those "old assed games" out, but there won't really BE any actual hardware left. We are kinda the "playtesters", to hope to make sure someone "gets it right", eventually.

:D

So I don't poo-poo the idea of EMU and Flashback, but as far as real hardware being "better", that's kinda hands-down, for real.

• Like 1