IGNORED

Groovybee 7800 Games Reviewed!

Cousin Vinnie

On 11/6/2022 at 4:29 AM, Cousin Vinnie said:

Oddly enough I received a few messages about Apple Snaffle after I posted these reviews... so here ya go. My take on Groovybee's Boulder Dash clone. 
http://www.atari7800forever.com/applesnaffler.html

applesnaffless1.jpg

I made my own levels for Apple Snaffle 😉

Well....it was easy to do 😁

On 11/9/2022 at 12:35 PM, HammR25 said:

Monsters was a port of a BBC Micro game when Mark was tinkering with creating software to port those.  As far as I know he never finished it.

http://bbcmicro.co.uk/game.php?id=10

Good to know. During my search I ran into an enjoyable Atari ST version. Cheers.

Edited by LiqMatrix

On 11/4/2022 at 7:33 PM, Cousin Vinnie said:

In a year that features around 15 amazing 7800 Homebrews hitting the scene, leave it to Atari 7800 Forever to review a tandem of 12 year old games of ill repute. Everyone has an opinion about the man that made these games... now there's some ink about the carts themselves. 

Silverback reviews WORM!

www.atari7800forever.com/wormr.html

Funkmaster V reviews WASP! 

www.atari7800forever.com/waspr.html

waspss1.png

Hope I’ll see some 160C from @GroovyBee soon! But wow, nice job!

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Ecernosoft said:

Hope I’ll see some 160C from @GroovyBee soon! But wow, nice job!

You might want to go and research the history, or at least read the previous posts in a thread, before jumping in with comments. I believe this has been suggested to you before.

Edited by Muddyfunster
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Muddyfunster said:

You might want to go and research the history, or at least read the previous posts in a thread, before jumping in with comments. I believe this has been suggested to you before.

No, I don’t remember….

And also, I know how 160C works, I saw the post on it.

7 minutes ago, Ecernosoft said:

No, I don’t remember….

And also, I know how 160C works, I saw the post on it.

Ok, Let me recap for you.

You sometimes comment on really old posts from many years ago without really reading through and understanding what you are commenting on. (Necrobumping I believe is the term).

You also have a bit of a habit of jumping in on conversations and either offering advice or making comments that strange or out of context, because you haven't read through the rest of the conversation. In this example, you are hoping to see new 160C content from a user who left the community under something of a cloud and hasn't been active in quite a few years. 

I figured that out from simply reading back through the previous posts.

Edited by Muddyfunster
  • Like 9

35 minutes ago, Muddyfunster said:

Ok, Let me recap for you.

You sometimes comment on really old posts from many years ago without really reading through and understanding what you are commenting on. (Necrobumping I believe is the term).

You also have a bit of a habit of jumping in on conversations and either offering advice or making comments that strange or out of context, because you haven't read through the rest of the conversation. In this example, you are hoping to see new 160C content from a user who left the community under something of a cloud and hasn't been active in quite a few years. 

I figured that out from simply reading back through the previous posts.

1. Yeah, I do….. sorry about that.

2. Well…… yes, I do. You know me all too well. I’m just trying to be helpful, not slam people with “ur wrong get lost” comments.

3. Yes…- wait what?

4. You know me all too well ;) and yes, I do have a long way to go.

On 11/8/2022 at 5:58 PM, 8th lutz said:

I know Perry was working with Curt when he died. I know Tep had problems with Mark also with the 7800 XM also.  I do have proof of Curt claiming Mark was working on the 7800 XM in 2020 although that is odd.

Curt Mentioned Mark aka Groovybee working on the User end bios on March 11, 2020 post:

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/300377-xm-has-shipped/?do=findComment&comment=4479375

If Mark aka Groovybee wasn't working on the user end bios according March 11th, 2020, why would Curt claimed Mark was working on it?

Also this is a link that showed Curt mentioned he emailed Mark about the bios on July 18th, 2020 post:  https://forums.atariage.com/topic/300377-xm-has-shipped/?do=findComment&comment=4588420

I can confirm that Mark was still working on the BIOS at the time of Curt's death.  I also learned during a phone conversation with Curt that Mark's return to the XM was a barter deal.  Curt agreed to do some design work for Mark in exchange for him finishing the BIOS.  I don't recall the details, but it seems in this one instance that Mark actually kept his word.

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

ATTEMPTING TO PLAY 7800 VERSION OF APPLE SNAFFLE

I enjoy playing easy versions of Boulder Dash. In Apple Snaffle, you have to be careful not to lose any apples. Or else you cannot complete the level.

I am attempting to devise a simple cheat code using Retroarch Win64 using the Atari 7800 Prosystem Core.

I discovered memory address 8452 (dec) $2104 (hex) is a counter for apples remaining.

While playing the game, if I know I have lost 1 or more apples (due to boulder explosions) and still have a few apples remaining (at least 4?):

1) I activate the cheat value = 1 at the address = 8452.

2) Then I use the Rockford character to eat a few remaining apples until the apple tally shows 0.

3) Then I turn off the cheat code and press OK.

4) Then I eat 1-2 more apples and the game indicates I have advanced to the next level.

Maybe some other Apple Snaffle Advocates have found a simple method of advancing to the higher levels in the 4-level demo version found in this forum?

Level 2 Access Code = 17153.   Level 3 Acccess Code = 23071