IGNORED

Rocks 'n' Saucers public release.

chopperthedog

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2022 at 7:58 AM, mikesk8 said:

btw. does it work on PiTrex as well? I have finally got my PiTrex today :) but still need to find Pi ;)

It should work on any flash based multicart since it's a native 32k binary.  It also supports high score save via PB6 and a DS2431+ with 3.3k pull up resistor, so you can make a dedicated cart
10178839_ScreenShot2022-11-26at2_32_49PM.thumb.png.ba0b607282fa6d0f766e3d101b25266d.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, playvectrex said:

It should work on any flash based multicart since it's a native 32k binary.  It also supports high score save via PB6 and a DS2431+ with 3.3k pull up resistor, so you can make a dedicated cart
10178839_ScreenShot2022-11-26at2_32_49PM.thumb.png.ba0b607282fa6d0f766e3d101b25266d.png

I already got my Pi Zero and will test it in the next days ;) will report back...

2 hours ago, mikesk8 said:

Just checked and managed to download it on my phone. Maybe try copy-paste direct link to a new window?

Thanks!  I tried some additional methods and found that the file was being blocked by security software... without warning.  I was able to get past it, finally, and got the file.   Thank you!   :D

• Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 6:43 PM, mikesk8 said:

Checked...it runs all ok on PiTrex :) It just does not save hiscores nor parameters, as there is no DS2431 chip. Not sure, it can be emulated in the future releases of PiTrex (would be nice).

The game is super cool and very very polished. Top ;-)

Forgot to mention .... it saves the state of the game including settings and hiscores via 4buttons+1st one, so the goal is achieved :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I want to try making a dedicated cartridge for this. I have some 27c32 EPROMs as well as some 28c64’s. 

can someone tell me where I can get a cartridge PCB and what type of eprom I can use? And any other things I need to know in order to make a cartridge ?

thanks

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sideburn said:

I want to try making a dedicated cartridge for this. I have some 27c32 EPROMs as well as some 28c64’s. 

can someone tell me where I can get a cartridge PCB and what type of eprom I can use? And any other things I need to know in order to make a cartridge ?

thanks

You'll need a 27C256 eprom. You can probably get a PCB from http://www.clockworkrobot.com (contact and ask).

As said already you need a DS2431 eeprom and 3.3k resistor if you wish to use the save features.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...