IGNORED

Release of Break It! '22 Extended Version - ABBUC SW-Contest 2022

C3PU

On 11/12/2022 at 3:46 AM, chevymad said:

Anybody tried it with a PAL, U1MB, VBXE machine? Mine doesn't want to load the file. I get a dark blue screen with a cursor and sio activity, then the screen goes dark. After that my TV actually loses the signal and I have to cycle the power on the atari to get it back.  Same file works fine on my NTSC/800xl/U1MB/Sophia2 machine. I've done a few mods recently and my machine may just not have all the bugs worked out yet, but thought I'd check to see if anyone else has similar issues. 

I have a PAL 800XL upgraded with U1MB, VBXE, and RAPIDUS. I have just tried again but runs fine with my configuration.

Also special care has been taken to make DLI timing compatible with increased CPU speed, i.e. even with RAPIDUS enabled, game speed and color enhancements are correct.

• Like 1

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Break It 22 Extended Version as part of ABBUC Entries Playthrough: Part 2 on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:

893628950_20221122-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.9a56a34aa9cb966f7f49223e303acb5a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Great game. It reminds me of LBreakout, a game I used to play a lot in Linux. Like was already mentioned, the top and bottom get cut off on an NTSC television. It's a little on the easy side, at least for me. I got over a quarter million points the very first game despite getting a bunch of @ items because I couldn't see that it was taking away lives.

On 12/12/2022 at 7:09 AM, Kenshi said:

Great game. It reminds me of LBreakout, a game I used to play a lot in Linux. Like was already mentioned, the top and bottom get cut off on an NTSC television. It's a little on the easy side, at least for me. I got over a quarter million points the very first game despite getting a bunch of @ items because I couldn't see that it was taking away lives.

Thanks for trying the game and for your inputs, also regarding level of difficulty. I have already received some more requests that will all be considered for future updates.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2022 at 12:52 AM, darwinmac said:

I have been playing the ABBUC version for awhile. I have been very impressed with your game. I am glad it runs on NTSC Ataris as well as PAL. 

Bob C

Dear Bob, thank you very much for playing the game and I am really glad you liked it 🙂 I am also very thankful for your early comments on the ABBUC submissions, since at this point in time there is still a chance to have some corrections done before the final release. After the release we all know better, but it gets more difficult to introduce corrections. After some iterations, there will be too many versions around. For Break It, there sure will be at least one more update and your inputs will be considered.

Oliver

It looks very good but there are a couple things. The sound of the ball bouncing off the blocks is too loud and long in duration. Also there are too many power-ups imo. I do like how multiple powerups work at the same time. Looks like a very good break out game that is very colorful and doesn't have flickering sprites which is great.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...