IGNORED

Just picked up a 7800 on eBay - needs repair - sometimes it does not work

BIGHMW

I just took delivery of a 7800 ProSystem on my attempt to somehow someway perhaps bring back The Atari Report early this coming year and I knew that she was untested with a cart but it powered up and it had the protective plastic over the bezel (that was the big draw in me getting it) but midway into Galagon on my Harmony Encore, my 7800, in which came with the original power adapter as did my previous one I sold back in February due to needing money BITD, started malfunctioning and i was really looking forward into getting back into the 7800 fold and even reacquiring a Concerto multicart only this time getting a POKEY chip installed in her when I do order her only now she doesn't even power on let alone show any display and I AM PISSED!!! So please help me find someone I can send Lil' Sexy into so I can get her repaired so I can get back into the 7800 fold and then from there I can save up to reacquire the XEGS so I can finally bring back The Atari Report even bigger, better and badder than ever when I do!!! I can also send my Harmony Encore multicart in along with one of my Best-modded CX24 sticks so it can be tested for repair purposes.

Thanks,

Ray Jackson

• Sad 2

15 minutes ago, Atari Nut said:

Ray, I thought you were going to stop with unnecessary purchases so you can save some money?

Given that Ray's most recent financial master plan (as described by none other than the man himself) involved voluntarily leaving his job and living permanently on welfare, I think we can all give up on him ever taking proper charge of his finances.

As an added bonus, he won't have to worry about his POS car continuing to need thousands of dollars in repairs since he'll have no need to go any further than his couch.  That's like free money, amirite?

And yep, I still have him on ignore.  Didn't need to read past the subject to know exactly what he had done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guys, I talked to my management Len Enders and he and my mechanic Alex Fox set me straight last month, they both told me that I could've been denied SNAP benefits on account that I quit in order to be able to get them as opposed to being laid off or fired, and, I could have been possibly investigated as far as my eligibility for my Social security is concerned as well, based on me not wanting to work as opposed to just 'sitting around'.

They also read your posts and also know about my ambitions as far as my other parts of both my career and my car are concerned, so they both suggested strongly that I stay put at work, and, I am proud to say a whole month later that it is now starting to pay off, I'm back in the black for the first time in months and went all of last month with ZERO OVERDRAFT FEES and know now that my eligibility for further rental assistance has run out and I won't be eligible for any more for quite some time.

...and as far as bringing back The Atari Report is concerned they also suggested not to rush it, they said for me to take my time in doing it, the XEGS can with, after all it pretty much is nothing more than a souped up 5200 pretty much, I only originally got it just to play certain games I couldn't get converted to the 5200, but fell in love with it pretty much.

I'm doing fine, I'm still working my 5 days a week from 6:00-10:00 am with varying days off from week to week, and feel much better about myself, getting that 7800 was a sign of only greater things to come, you'll see, now just please help me find someone who can repair Lil Sexy so I can once again enjoy some of @PacManPlus Bob Decrescenzo's masterful works on a Concerto cart sometime in the short future.

1 hour ago, BIGHMW said:

Guys, I talked to my management Len Enders and he and my mechanic Alex Fox set me straight last month, they both told me that I could've been denied SNAP benefits on account that I quit in order to be able to get them as opposed to being laid off or fired, and, I could have been possibly investigated as far as my eligibility for my Social security is concerned as well, based on me not wanting to work as opposed to just 'sitting around'.

They also read your posts and also know about my ambitions as far as my other parts of both my career and my car are concerned, so they both suggested strongly that I stay put at work, and, I am proud to say a whole month later that it is now starting to pay off, I'm back in the black for the first time in months and went all of last month with ZERO OVERDRAFT FEES and know now that my eligibility for further rental assistance has run out and I won't be eligible for any more for quite some time.

...and as far as bringing back The Atari Report is concerned they also suggested not to rush it, they said for me to take my time in doing it, the XEGS can with, after all it pretty much is nothing more than a souped up 5200 pretty much, I only originally got it just to play certain games I couldn't get converted to the 5200, but fell in love with it pretty much.

I'm doing fine, I'm still working my 5 days a week from 6:00-10:00 am with varying days off from week to week, and feel much better about myself, getting that 7800 was a sign of only greater things to come, you'll see, now just please help me find someone who can repair Lil Sexy so I can once again enjoy some of @PacManPlus Bob Decrescenzo's masterful works on a Concerto cart sometime in the short future.

Well, good to know you won't be mooching off the system.  However, we're only 9 days into this month, your first entire hole month without over-drafting, AND won't be getting rent assistance, why did you spend money on a 7800 and multi-cart?

Not yet the Concerto, that'll come later, I kinda miss playing all of those great games on Lil Sexy, and now I was browsing on the 7800 forums that very own @Ryan Witmer is actually developing a 7800 version of our newest hit, Rob 'n' Banks and from what I've seen in the pics its gonna look great as does everything that the 7800 plays and that Ryan Witmer puts out, that and I'm wondering what I might've missed since selling the previous 7800 back in February.

Edited by BIGHMW

4 hours ago, Stephen said:

Well, good to know you won't be mooching off the system.  However, we're only 9 days into this month, your first entire hole month without over-drafting, AND won't be getting rent assistance, why did you spend money on a 7800 and multi-cart?

4 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

Not yet the Concerto, that'll come later, I kinda miss playing all of those great games on Lil Sexy, and now I was browsing on the 7800 forums that very own @Ryan Witmer is actually developing a 7800 version of our newest hit, Rob 'n' Banks and from what I've seen in the pics its gonna look great as does everything that the 7800 plays and that Ryan Witmer puts out, that and I'm wondering what I might've missed since selling the previous 7800 back in February.

Hey, yo?  Earth to Ray.  More requests for spending?  Way to go with staying one whole month out of debt.  I see great things coming!

• Like 2

Well we'll hold off on any Atari-related expenditures until after the first of the calendar year, including the repairs needed on the 7800, I  do at least have the ColecoVision and the 5200 and the 2600 adapter and that'll hold me off enough so I can build up some kind of savings in my account so I can have some leeway so that when the time comes, well not only have the $$$ for my monthly rent and bills but also some fun (Atari) stuff afterwards but only after the bills are paid.

• 3 weeks later...

But now seriously,  I do need to know where I can send my 7800 to get the repairs done on her so that when January rolls around I can send off Lil' Sexy to get done and have her and the Concerto multicart but this time with a POKEY chip put in her so I can once again all those great games you guys have put out in (what would be) my 12-month absence.

4 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

But now seriously,  I do need to know where I can send my 7800 to get the repairs done on her so that when January rolls around I can send off Lil' Sexy to get done and have her and the Concerto multicart but this time with a POKEY chip put in her so I can once again all those great games you guys have put out in (what would be) my 12-month absence.

Ray,

Send me a PM and we can discuss a few options that would fit your needs. Would have to wait until after the first of the new year as this month is booked up already with service requests.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Ray,

Send me a PM and we can discuss a few options that would fit your needs. Would have to wait until after the first of the new year as this month is booked up already with service requests.

Perfect! I was going to wait until the first of the new year anyways so I can get all of my bills and debts paid off well in advance as well as have everything acquired I wanted and all the stuff I don't gotten rid of, that will all be done by the end of the calendar year, and then we'll talk shop as far as getting the 7800 unit fixed and the Concerto multicart with a POKEY chip installed  in her acquired by then.

It's gonna be a great December and I'll be (re) acquiring another Atarimax ColecoVision multicart this coming month so I can finally debut ColecoVision EXTRA! and I'm sure that the guys on that forum will enjoy that series as such as 5200 owners enjoy the Atari 5200 SuperReport,  and I have to clean myself up and film those episodes for that series this afternoon!!!