IGNORED

Geneve BUS mouse adapter

Shift838

Geneve Owners Only - Will you be interested in a BUS mouse Adapter to hook up a Logitech Series 9 Bus Mouse or compatible to the Geneve?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a BUS mouse Adapter for the Geneve to hook up other BUS mouse such as the Logitech Series 9 BUS mouse?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm don't own a Geneve, I don't know why I am answering this poll!
  2. 2. Quantity - Each unit will cost $10-$13 + shipping

• None
    • 2-3
    • 3-5
    • 5+

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/17/2022 at 02:48 AM

This poll is to gauge interest for a new Geneve BUS mouse adapter that allows for a Logitech Series 9 BUS mouse or a Vintage Leaguer International Corp. 400 DPI Bus Mouse LG-BM-3816 (to be tested - but has the same pinout as the Logitech). 

This adapter will allow a user to connect a different bus mouse to the Geneve if it uses a 9 pin Mini DIN connector and has the same wiring pinout as the Logitech Series 9 BUS mouse.

The adapter will run $10-13$ assembled + shipping.

The adapter will plug directly into the back of the Geneve, or if using the 838-PEB with the Geneve a pigtail cable will be needed.

See my topic at: 

Edited by Shift838

14 minutes ago, fabrice montupet said:

The Atari ST mouse is also a good candidate for Genny: http://www.ti99.com/geneve/index.php?fr/article8/modification-d-une-souris-atari-st

based on your schematic from your page, i may be able to add a 9-pin male connector on the end so an Atari ST mouse could be used as well.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shift838 said:

i believe the C7 mouse is only serial, not BUS.

Correct, sorry if I wasn't clear on that. Mike created the Asgard Mouse which was a serial mouse. While I often don't understand them, I enjoy reading technical books and thought someone else might enjoy seeing the serial mouse protocol.

57 minutes ago, dhe said:

Correct, sorry if I wasn't clear on that. Mike created the Asgard Mouse which was a serial mouse. While I often don't understand them, I enjoy reading technical books and thought someone else might enjoy seeing the serial mouse protocol.

I don't know whether there was a "standard" in the PC world for serial mice that all the manufacturers followed.  I thought back in the day, they had separate mouse drivers for PC computers.