IGNORED

mid line color change in ANTIC mode 7?

13 minutes ago, glurk said:

I was so wrapped up in counting cycles and 6502 minutia that I perhaps lost sight of the goalposts, LOL.  But I LIKE 6502 minutia.....

2 hours ago, MrFish said:

Antic F / GTIA was the first thing that came to my mind too; but putting the color bars at the bottom instead.

Well, I gave you a little warning right here. The wheels were turning...

Working on #Ataribit #FujiNet APX Catalog splash screen. Decided to leave the blue bar on the right off the final, because it only appears in one rendered graphic, and not in any real APX material. On to the core program. #RetroComputing 

Playfield color 0 renders the APX
Playfield color 1 renders the second stripe
Playfield color 2 renders the fourth stripe
Playfield color 3 renders the sixth stripe.
Player color 0 renders the first stripe
Player color 1 renders the third stripe
Player color 2 renders the fifth stripe
Player color 3 renders the seventh stripe

A DLI is used under APX to flip back in the system charset for 24 scanlines, before flipping back to the custom charset.

Code here: 
https://github.com/tschak909/apx-logo

Binary here:
https://github.com/tschak909/apx-logo/releases/download/apx-logo-1.0/apx.xex

7 minutes ago, tschak909 said:

Meh, after looking at all the APX literature and every branding bit I could find, the only reference I can find to the blue bar on the right, is that one rendering of the logo. SO... I am just leaving it off. With the final result being:

I was wondering about that too. I based mine off the various manuals that have the bars below the logo on the cover, with dark blue to the far left and dark green to the far right.

46 minutes ago, tschak909 said:

Meh, after looking at all the APX literature and every branding bit I could find, the only reference I can find to the blue bar on the right, is that one rendering of the logo. SO... I am just leaving it off. With the final result being:

Couldn't you use GPRIOR-OR mode to generate red-orange-yellow out of a player pair to save one?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tschak909 said:

I may, but...

No problem if you don't. I was basically doing it for fun. I'd never combined those two modes; so it was interesting to see what could be done.

If you do end up wanting to use it, I can add the additional info about FujiNet. It currently uses two character sets; but there's room in them for more text/graphics yet before they're maxed out.

2 hours ago, tschak909 said:

This was a test to see if I could render the APX logo in mode 6 and 7, making for very low memory consumption and something that would load and display quickly, while being easy to embed into the database program without making it huge.

It came out good. I like modes 6 and 7. The game Tensor Trzaskowskiego uses 7 to good advantage; one of my favorite modern productions.

My logo isn't as conservative; but being in character mode (Antic 2 for the whole screen, generally speaking), it's much better than rolling out F and GTIA bitmaps. 3.5 KB is pretty compact for a hi-res logo combined with a lot of colors for the bars.

• Like 2