IGNORED

Long Play Disc Controller - 2nd Batch now available

tanuki

Hi,

Originally I didn't understand there were 2 different orientations of the controller....

And I realize I have always used the right hand for disc in standard inty controllers

Would it be possible to change my order from 2 disc on left to 1 of each style?

Very much appreciated if this is still possible to do.

Thanks!

59 minutes ago, Humblejack said:

I know I'm way down the list but I just checked and mine is still just 2 regular.

I send a message requesting 1 Left, 1 right and 1 adaptor.

No hurry as I doubt I'll be playing Christmas Carol with them.

Thanks,

Humblejack

Good call on Carol,  I used to pretty good at that, but with keyboard arrows, not the disk...  Can't wait to try these with ghost of Christmas presentS!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

Good call on Carol,  I used to pretty good at that, but with keyboard arrows, not the disk...  Can't wait to try these with ghost of Christmas presentS!!

The Christmas Carol game is designed specifically for the disc controller.  It uses a special algorithm to work intuitively when rolling your thumb on the disc, reading all 16 directions and trying to determine player intent.  I wouldn't expect that reducing it to 8 would change much, so I would still recommend to use the "disc" version of this controller, not the D-Pad.

It will help with the ergonomics of holding the device, for sure!

dZ.

13 minutes ago, DZ-Jay said:

The Christmas Carol game is designed specifically for the disc controller.  It uses a special algorithm to work intuitively when rolling your thumb on the disc, reading all 16 directions and trying to determine player intent.  I wouldn't expect that reducing it to 8 would change much, so I would still recommend to use the "disc" version of this controller, not the D-Pad.

dZ.

As far as I know the new controller supports 16 directions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Intymike said:

As far as I know the new controller supports 16 directions.

It does, but when left with the disc.  The D-Pad reduces it to 8.

1 hour ago, Cellblock1138 said:

It does except the dpad attachment reduces it to 8. 

Yup.

That's what I meant with ....

1 hour ago, DZ-Jay said:

...  I would still recommend to use the "disc" version of this controller, not the D-Pad.

-dZ.

2 hours ago, DZ-Jay said:

dZ.

dZ how are you?  I know the control mechanics you implemented are second to none.

I just had bad controllers when I first started playing Carol.  It is a great game for emulation, not many Intellivision games are emulation friendly.  That is, you need the disc and keypad.

I was thinking your game would have been a great one to add to the Evercade lineup.

I know you have a lot going on...  I totally get it.  Been migrating our CRM, ERP, event management, HR etc. systems to a new cloud "all in one" service...  I have not looked at any of my projects in 8 months.

But I still need to ask...  How is the sequel coming along? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

dZ how are you?  I know the control mechanics you implemented are second to none.

I just had bad controllers when I first started playing Carol.  It is a great game for emulation, not many Intellivision games are emulation friendly.  That is, you need the disc and keypad.

I was thinking your game would have been a great one to add to the Evercade lineup.

Thanks for the compliment.  I also think that if this new controller is easier on the hands, then it should improve the experience even more! :)

7 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

I know you have a lot going on...  I totally get it.  Been migrating our CRM, ERP, event management, HR etc. systems to a new cloud "all in one" service...  I have not looked at any of my projects in 8 months.

But I still need to ask...  How is the sequel coming along? 

Well, it had to be paused for some other ... er ... somewhat related project this year.  I will reveal it soon.  In the meantime ... are you (or anyone around here) in the Pennsylvania area?  Specifically, close to Wyomissing, PA? :ponder:

Anyway, I didn't mean to hijack the thread (sorry!)

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

On 11/17/2022 at 10:35 PM, Humblejack said:

I know I'm way down the list but I just checked and mine is still just 2 regular.

I send a message requesting 1 Left, 1 right and 1 adaptor.

No hurry as I doubt I'll be playing Christmas Carol with them.

Thanks,

Humblejack

Hello Humblejack, I'll update the list ;) But it seems your parcel is already shipped, I have to check it.

Hello everybody.

I think we have the answer to the problem that some people have with their packages.

It seems to be the requirement to fill out an online pre-declaration on the post office website.
It's new, it's made to annoy everyone, because in France we love paperwork...🙄

The good news is that we'll fill in the declarations in question and that should normally activate the transit of the few packages that seem to be blocked.

• Like 2