IGNORED

Modern Television Connection Options for FAQ?

First Spear

This topic in the classic Intellivision FAQ has a lot of traffic:

https://intellivisionfaq.intvprime.com/Intellivision-FAQ-079-2.0-Hardware.html#how-to-connect-a-usa-intellivision-to-hdmi

Can the smart people on this forum help improve the content and suggest additional relevant links, so the people digging their consoles out and want to play in 2022 have current info? All suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!

On 11/18/2022 at 10:03 AM, First Spear said:

This topic in the classic Intellivision FAQ has a lot of traffic:

When I click on the link, my laptop gives me all kinds of unsafe, risky website warnings. So I stopped there.

"First Spear", you have brought up a very important topic that needs to be addressed. It just sounds like a daunting task that may require many people to contribute their time.

This is not the only topic that is full of useless links and info. For example, there a pinned topic on the best links regarding all things Intellivision. Many links come up with the good ole "404" reply or are obsolete or my laptop warns me not a safe link.

I know this doesn't help you with your original question. But it begs to bring up the topic of someone needing to "clean up" all the data stored on the Atari Age website. I don't know what will all be involved with that. One could cut off all topics before a certain date, like 2008. However, I have found some good info dated 2003 without having to post a question with a new topic. But sometimes I spend 2-4 hours searching related topics to my question and get no answers. Just too many posts to read through. And so many posts get on the Segway and talk about nothing related to the original topic.

Just my opinion, thanks for reading.

On 11/19/2022 at 4:23 PM, walldog1 said:

When I click on the link, my laptop gives me all kinds of unsafe, risky website warnings. So I stopped there.

"First Spear", you have brought up a very important topic that needs to be addressed. It just sounds like a daunting task that may require many people to contribute their time.

This is not the only topic that is full of useless links and info. For example, there a pinned topic on the best links regarding all things Intellivision. Many links come up with the good ole "404" reply or are obsolete or my laptop warns me not a safe link.

I know this doesn't help you with your original question. But it begs to bring up the topic of someone needing to "clean up" all the data stored on the Atari Age website. I don't know what will all be involved with that. One could cut off all topics before a certain date, like 2008. However, I have found some good info dated 2003 without having to post a question with a new topic. But sometimes I spend 2-4 hours searching related topics to my question and get no answers. Just too many posts to read through. And so many posts get on the Segway and talk about nothing related to the original topic.

Just my opinion, thanks for reading.

There were some CDN and DNS and caching issues over the last 10 days as the Intv Prime website had to be moved. Starting some time tomorrow (Nov 28) the changes to the cloud infrastructure should be settled. Sorry things looked bad there.

Many months ago, there were some private discussions about how to maintain/update those links. I hope that the updated FAQ can be that space for current/relevant info, with related forum posts cleaned up and matching. Very much a volunteer work-in-progress.