1 hour ago, Razzie.P said:

And Toad is short and yappy because...

.... he's just a cool character like that.  if you were thinking something different, shame on you!  🤣  

I'd associate him more with a Goomba. Toad is likable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Also, did you know that Mario was supposed to be a composer of video game music initially? But then my good friend Shiggy realized the incentive to get coins in the game would not be enough since video game composers are already rich and famous. 😎

And as a tribute to an industry icon™️, every enemy was supposed to be named after one of Tommy's collaborators, since he likes to jump on them in real life as well. Of course the basic Goomba was called 'Joey'. I'll let you guess what the warp pipes were called initially!

• Haha 4

On 11/20/2022 at 12:06 PM, MrBeefy said:

I still want to see a family tree where he has a connection to Steven Tyler. I don't believe it anymore.

That's the one thing I believe now. They have the same legal surname, at least. If Tommy was going to fake it he would have been dumb enough to call himself Tommy Tyler.

I can't believe I fell for Tommy's bullshit. I thought he was a genuine guy who wanted to make a console and he just stuffed things up. Nope, he's a blatant liar and a right C$%T. I wish I'd never given him the time of day. 

I'm thankful that the Amico Development team never got back to me, though (I had even signed an NDA)! I mean, I lost my initial deposit for the Founder's Edition Amico but that's nothing compared to not being paid to develop a videogame.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Toad kept moving goalposts back in the 80's with that "... in another castle" crap.

Lmao OMG I stand corrected.

20 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

ipYAvKA.png

Stealing this. Love it.

1 hour ago, MantaNZ said:

That's the one thing I believe now. They have the same legal surname, at least. If Tommy was going to fake it he would have been dumb enough to call himself Tommy Tyler.

I can't believe I fell for Tommy's bullshit. I thought he was a genuine guy who wanted to make a console and he just stuffed things up. Nope, he's a blatant liar and a right C$%T. I wish I'd never given him the time of day. 

I'm thankful that the Amico Development team never got back to me, though (I had even signed an NDA)! I mean, I lost my initial deposit for the Founder's Edition Amico but that's nothing compared to not being paid to develop a videogame.

I think most of us believed they were going to try and do a console right. Despite what dipstick would want you to believe I even told him in private I hoped it did well.

He just knew he and his team were incompetent and that's why he lashed out at anyone who didn't swallow the tripe he was slinging. I would still like to see a miracle so all those people would get some of their money back. Unfortunately I think it would take a miracle.

I would also say stop being complicit with these shiesters and them running off with your money. Ask for it back and if they don't respond call into the CUPodcast and air your grievances.

You not demanding your money back is just telling the next POS that it's acceptable to do this sort of thing.

If you went to a restaurant and order two nice steak dinners and they didn't deliver would you say it was only $100? I doubt you would nor should you. This isn't any different. They need to either spend the money to make the consoles and then close shop. Or pull out all the funds and give people their preorder money back.

I doubt either of those happens as the company has and is being ran by a but of incompetent self serving asshats who don't have any honor in doing such a thing.

• Like 3

On 12/2/2022 at 9:23 AM, MantaNZ said:

I was a wee bit angry and I take back what I said about him being a c$%t. He clearly just has issues - I have struggled with an unwell brain as well, so who am I to judge? It's clear that he's very insecure and that's really sad but there is one thing to consider - a lot of people worked with Tommy for a very long time and none of them have come out and said anything negative about him (as far as I know, at least), so he can't be that much of a horrible person to be around.

I think we just have a man with some serious delusions of grandeur who thought he'd be the next console king and he went completely the wrong way about everything. I don't believe the Amico ever started out as a scam - he's WAY too vain to destroy his reputation on purpose.

In saying all that, I hope there are repercussions for his (and other Intellivision members') actions. They done @$#%ed up, man!

27 minutes ago, MantaNZ said:

I was a wee bit angry and I take back what I said about him being a c$%t.

He threw newly graduated musicians under the bus putting them in legal risk and potentially jeopardizing their careers for a crime he committed to save his own arse. He's used musicians and then not paid them multiple times. He lied to get money from people. He's taken the credit for work other people have done for the last 20 years. He's publicly attacked and mocked people. He organized hate mobs to attack, harass and dox people....

I would say that your original assessment of him was completely spot on and shouldn't feel bad about expressing it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

He threw newly graduated musicians under the bus putting them in legal risk and potentially jeopardizing their careers for a crime he committed to save his own arse. He's used musicians and then not paid them multiple times. He lied to get money from people. He's taken the credit for work other people have done for the last 20 years. He's publicly attacked and mocked people. He organized hate mobs to attack, harass and dox people....

I would say that your original assessment of him was completely spot on and shouldn't feel bad about expressing it.

WELL WHEN YOU PUT IT THAT WAY... !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Yeah I think people not speaking out about it has more to do with not wanting to deal with him. If you speak out about it you risk having to deal with his verbal diarrhea. 

Yeah. Someone recently messaged Mark Miller to ask about the music for the first Earthworm Jim game (as Mark Miller is credited with it, yet Tommy always says he did the music), and he replied saying that he doesn't want to talk about it. I think giving that answer, when if what Tommy says is true he could have easily just confirmed that, speaks volumes.

Edited by SteveTheColecoDude
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Yeah. Someone recently messaged Mark Miller to ask about the music for the first Earthworm Jim game (as Mark Miller is credited with it, yet Tommy always says he did the music), and he replied saying that he doesn't want to talk about it. I think giving that answer, when if what Tommy says is true he could have easily just confirmed that, speaks volumes.

Joey Kuras says basically the same thing about Oof.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

There may be a part 2 to the Oof Tommy saga in the works.

Since I forgot to post about it here, as you probably saw, the Oof video went up for everyone else. It has, uh, exploded, in a way I wasn't fully prepared for. As a result, a lot of people have reached out with more stories and interesting notes. Somewhat shockingly, upon a close fact-checking by knowledgeable parties, my main mistake appears to have been giving Tommy too much credit. I don't normally do follow-up videos but one feels inevitable for this. I'm going to put it off for a little bit, just to make sure Tommy has time to respond if he wants to (or if he can, lol).

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Yeah I found out about those tracks being reused from other games from this video which shows a few examples from other games too

Shame for all the people Tommy has stolen credit from over the years.

To reuse stuff for different games kind of comes off as lazy too. It basically shows he isn't making music based on what would be best for each game. Just what is a quick paycheck and way to use others' work as his own.

4 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

That dude has a very legit LinkedIn page, so it's not just a random Youtube troll

Creator of a song in Cool Spot that was previously in Monopoly DOS game went uncredited in Cool Spot.

What will come out next?

Willy Wonka Suspense GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rev said:

Here is a great OOF from the 1977 Smokey and the Bandit movie.

It even sounds similar to the Roblox OOF. 

I'm sure The Bandit is a dear personal friend of Tommy's and likely filmed that entire movie around the Oof sound.   Fun fact -- Tommy was the first American ever to have a sound effect featured in a Burt Reynolds movie

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Rev said:

Here is a great OOF from the 1977 Smokey and the Bandit movie.

You know you can make a YouTube video start at a specific time, right? Because I won't watch 10 minutes for a OOF sound that will probably be disappointing (as is the original, I mean). 😔

Edited by roots.genoa
  • Like 2