7 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

You know you can make a YouTube video start at a specific time, right? Because I won't watch 10 minutes for a OOF sound that will probably be disappointing (as is the original, I mean). 😔

You do know you can skip ahead by dragging the little arrow in the video.  😜🤓🤓🤓 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Here is a Twitter thread with some examples showing how Tommy stole midi files from the internet and used them for Earthworm Jim

Yeah I just saw this news. I think it's sad that maybe his biggest bragging point is that TT Studios was were a bunch of good music guys started.

To me that is more a bragging point that I worked on a bazillion games that seems to be not true.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 4/2/2023 at 1:05 PM, MrBeefy said:

More evidence of Tommy Tallarico reusing work and not giving the proper people credit. Read it here.

Also obvious is that he is not the first American to work on Sonic.

Looks like there is more definitive proof that @Tommy Tallarico did not compose any songs on Sonic and the Black Knight.

https://www.sonicstadium.org/news/games/sonic-and-the-black-knight-composers-contributions-questioned-r1810/

I wonder what it feels like taking credit for so many other people's work? How many more will be found?

ezgif.com-added-text.gif.e58a6e5ef2f2c5a5e40c3e6eec4df9de.gif

It's Todd Dennis.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

He didn't compose any of the tracks for the game but apparently it was...

"a GREAT honor to be contacted by SEGA of Japan to work on this franchise. It was a dream come true!"

and Tommy's...

"inspiration for the project was to try and write great music that people would want to hear even after they turned the machine off. My love and knowledge of the franchise and character was enough to go on for me in order to write the music".

Tommy says he...

"didn't really take inspiration from past tracks, I just kept imagining the Sonic character and all my Sonic experiences and how I would imagine it sounding like (without being able to use the older stuff)."

Quotes from this interview - https://info.sonicretro.org/Tommy_Tallarico_interview_by_Sonic-City.com_(April_21,_2009)

He's such a lying scumbag. His whole career is based on the work of others that he stole credit from. We're at the point where it's harder to find a game he did compose for than one he didn't.

Edited by SteveTheColecoDude
  • Haha 4

At this point, I think it would be easier to find out what Tommy did actually compose. 🙂

My guess is not that much. Maybe not even his high school band crap he recycled for The Terminator on SEGA CD (you don't realize how blessed I feel to only know the Genesis version).

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

He's such a lying scumbag. His whole career is based on the work of others that he stole credit from. We're at the point where it's harder to find a game he did compose for than one he didn't.

It’s not just @Tommy Tallarico, it’s the fools who enabled him for years, propping him up and defending the indefensible. Thinking of you, @jaybird3rd!

• Like 1